Another 10 second Paxton Car

Mnstr50

Established Member
It's almost boring seeing how "easy" it is to go 10's with these cars and marginal expense. Ridiculous! Congrats.

Buster

Established Member
Vids From this weekend

Made a few passes this weekend. My 60's were down a full tenth, best was a 1.47, 330 was down almost a tenth and 1/2, mph was up almost 4 mph but I only improved the 1/4 mile ET by 2 hundreds. I had some really weird 2-3 shifting issue, it would bang the 2-3 hard and drop down to 4500 rpm's pulling the car out of the power band, the shifts normally land at around 6000. Anyhow, best time was [email protected] Here are a few Vids.

FastMark vs Honda Nate | 2012 Paxton Mustang GT 10.27 @ 136.87 | Honda Broke Clutch Line - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCbzOl10Mkw&feature=channel&list=UL

Last edited:

Bad Intention

Established Member
I think it very impressive that you are tunning your car.

We have my car locking converter in 2nd for street and not locking at all at the track.

Buster

Established Member
I think it very impressive that you are tunning your car.

We have my car locking converter in 2nd for street and not locking at all at the track.

Thanks. When i put the lockup back in i was planning on using the lockup just at cruise, just 5th and 6th gear over 60 mph. I drove the car 440 miles round trip to the track and i was missing that lockup, on the flat roads its not bad but when I hit the hills it was seeing some rpm.

Bmr4life

Established Member
If everyone had an extra $5k, I don't think anyone of us would be NA any more. Everyone makes this look so easy.

Vic2186

Established Member
What size converter you used after u took the lockup out?also is the Paxton the oil feed or Self Lubricated?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
we were locking my car in 3rd and 4th, now we just lock it in 4th gear with the power and et's we are putting down

i def like the lockup on the street, as i drive the car all the time,

the reg paxton 2200 kit is an SL, the competition kit in the 2200 or JT trim are available with the upgraded gear case, and they come oil fed.

they will make more power.

it just depends on the power you want to make, but there is a ton of options i can set you up with

Users who are viewing this thread