Another 10 second Paxton Car

Buster

Established Member
Hey Guys,

Just got back from the track, the car went [email protected] with 3.25 pulley and stock air box. I put the stock air box on as the car was out of fuel with the stock pump w/BAP (E85). The car gives up a few tenths and a few mph with the stock box. Quick run down.

Paxton 2200
Boss Intake
Converter
BAP
ID1000's
Billet oil pump gears
Cat deletes
ITSX & racer Pro software
Dark Star wheels with Hoosier DR's

Stock Motor, Tranny, Gears, Suspension & Exhaust

Here are the details:

60 - 1.58
330 - 4.34
1/8 - 6.63 @ 108.30
1/4 - 10.29 @133.79

Last edited:

Buster

Established Member
How much did it cost just to do oil pump gears?
Impressive run!

We did the oil pump gears when we installed the blower, I think he charged me an extra $200 for the install. Its a pretty good friend mine so I'm guessing I got a pretty good deal.

Buster

Established Member
Very nice! How much boost?

I think it gives up a few pounds with the air box, when I made 765 we had no air filter or tube, which made 15 psi, my guess is it was around 13 psi at the track. The converter I'm running is a non lockup so I might be giving up a little mph on the big end. If I had to do it over I'd run a lockup converter and lock in 4th gear.

Last edited:

01bluesnake

Established Member
I think it gives up a few pounds with the air box, when I made 765 we had no air filter or tube, which made 15 psi, my guess is it was around 13 psi at the track. The converter I'm running is a non lockup so I might be giving up a little mph on the big end. If I had to do it over I'd run a lockup converter and lock in 4th gear.

A non lockup can be very hard to get right, i've seen a car go almost 1 second faster after about three converter changes. Have you calculated your current converter slip percentage? Definitely would be putting a lock up back in there.

corepwn

Established Member
Nice run it's moving out! That sucks about the converter being a non lockup, gross.

Good luck at those psi levels too, I'm too chicken shit to go anywhere remotely close to that much boost until I'm ready to build a motor.

Buster

Established Member
Very good run. What brand converter and stall do you have?

It started life as a circle d lockup 3500 stall, But i couldn't stand the rattle so I sent it to ptc and had them cut the lock up disc out. I wish I had purchased sct racer pro first, after using the software you can set the lockup however you want. When I originally had the circle d I was just using Lund tuning and didn't realize I could control the lockup at any mph, gear, etc..

Last edited:

Buster

Established Member
Nice run it's moving out! That sucks about the converter being a non lockup, gross.

Good luck at those psi levels too, I'm too chicken shit to go anywhere remotely close to that much boost until I'm ready to build a motor.

The non lockup is not that bad as cruises down the freeway at 70-75 mph at 2000 rpms, it's just I'd prefer to have it cruise at 1700 rpms. As far as 1/4 mile, I'm not sure it would be any quicker, but I'm sure I'm giving up some mph.

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
I know what's going under the hood in 2013:D another very impressive Paxton run op!

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

Buster

Established Member
Very awesome. Those 13s are impressive! Any videos?

I should have some vids next weekend, we're heading to a well prepped track. I can't wait to really launch this car. I can hold 3300 on the foot brake, the launches today we're only at 2000 rpms.

Users who are viewing this thread