Another 300+rwhp 96-98 Cobra

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
I got my '96 Mystic Cobra tuned a few weeks back after installing a bunch of stuff. Stock longblock with 183,000 miles on it with the following mods;

American Racing Headers 1 5/8" longtubes, o/r x-pipe, Magnaflow catback
JLT fenderwell intake with LMAF, stock untouched 96-98 Cobra intake
COP conversion
Fidanza aluminum flywheel, FRPP aluminum driveshaft
MMR IMRC deletes
Mezeire electric waterpump
Steeda underdrive crank pulley
4.10 gears
Tune by Pete at Performance Dyno in Loudon, NH

16035992_large.jpg

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Congrats on breaking 300. You put my car to shame. lol

CobRoush-00

Established Member
Congratulations! Your car must sound awesome and make you smile everytime you step on it. I actually did the about the same on my car and reach the 300 marks. Car tuned by Mustang Magic. I have been toying with the idea to shoot for 400 in the near future. Do you have any similar plan or are you satisfied?

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
Congratulations! Your car must sound awesome and make you smile everytime you step on it. I actually did the about the same on my car and reach the 300 marks. Car tuned by Mustang Magic. I have been toying with the idea to shoot for 400 in the near future. Do you have any similar plan or are you satisfied?

Thanks and congrats to you too! It does sound good especially when the throttle is wide open. I'm on the hunt for a good short runner intake as my tuner doesn't think it will help make any more power---I believe it will though so I want to prove him wrong lol
I'm about tapped out on mod money though that will have to come later.
To hit 400 I believe we'll need ported heads, short runner intake and some custom cams.

Last edited:

newbie1276

Established Member
Small world lol
Stop by and say hi sometime, my dogs won't eat you lol
What color is your GT?

It's white 01. only thing it is good at is collecting dust in my garage. I am next to the school on dwelly st dodge neon in front of house srt jeep and gmc yukon in driveway. Two p i t a loudmouth beagles in yard. Damn small world it is. Haha

Last edited:

CobRoush-00

Established Member
Thanks and congrats to you too! It does sound especially when the throttle is wide open. I'm on the hunt for a good short runner intake as my tuner doesn't think it will help make any more power---I believe it will though so I want to prove him wrong lol
I'm about tapped out on mod money though that will have to come later.
To hit 400 I believe we'll Ned ported heads, short runner intake and some custom cams.

You are absolutely right. I am maxed out when it comes to money as well. Lot of expenses with all the upgrade made. I will enjoy the car right now and see what happens next year. Maybe I will go for 400 with the addition of a blower and other mentioned mods or try to get in a terminator. We'll see. Anyway, have fun with your new found BEAST. Hopefully our path will cross next summer since I go up north from time to time.

Noreast

Established Member
You are absolutely right. I am maxed out when it comes to money as well. Lot of expenses with all the upgrade made. I will enjoy the car right now and see what happens next year. Maybe I will go for 400 with the addition of a blower and other mentioned mods or try to get in a terminator. We'll see. Anyway, have fun with your new found BEAST. Hopefully our path will cross next summer since I go up north from time to time.

Hmmmm wonder if I seem you at car shows or somthing since your from LI as well lol damn I gotta get my cars back on the rollers and see what she puts down again !!

bumsoil

Established Member
My car put down almost 300 without a rune, Nyome know a good place to get a tune in the northwest.

Users who are viewing this thread