Another 300+rwhp 96-98 Cobra

ALLNTRL

Established Member
What about the Clearence on the headers? Can you get the trans and clutch out without having to remove the headers? I would like to do a 1 5/8" stepped to 1 3/4" then a 2 1/2" Off-Road X to go with my Borla XR1's. Does anyone know if ARH or Kooks make these? :shrug:

brucesvt

Established Member
Very nice #'s, and the torque it makes quite impressive also for a high mileage B head. I'm going to get some dyno #'s for mine before I do the cam swap. Mine has MAC lt's, IMRC deletes, na svt shortrunner, jlt, no cats, alum drive shaft, 4.10s. Hoping it puts down 315hp.

Along with the cams I'll be installing an alum flywheel, melling billet oil pump, march fluid damper, march water pump pulley, and march power steering pulley. I'm also thinking of getting it tuned on E85 just to squeeze a few extra horses out of it. I think it can break 345hp n/a.

post up the baseline #s really want to see were your is at before the cams

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Thanks and congrats to you too! It does sound good especially when the throttle is wide open. I'm on the hunt for a good short runner intake as my tuner doesn't think it will help make any more power---I believe it will though so I want to prove him wrong lol
I'm about tapped out on mod money though that will have to come later.
To hit 400 I believe we'll need ported heads, short runner intake and some custom cams.

A short runner will add 15-20rwhp.

You will not see 400rw n/a unless you raise the compression to a very high level and spin it to 7500 or higher.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
What about the Clearence on the headers? Can you get the trans and clutch out without having to remove the headers? I would like to do a 1 5/8" stepped to 1 3/4" then a 2 1/2" Off-Road X to go with my Borla XR1's. Does anyone know if ARH or Kooks make these? :shrug:

forget the stepped headers, get 1 3/4' primaries.

howie8124

Established Member
Congrats on the 300+ man! I'm hoping Pete can squeeze every last hp out of my cobra in the spring. I ended up getting Mac longtubes lethal off road x instead of your x pipe for the manifolds. I have pretty much no mods for the engine, just a JLT fender intake. The drivetrain consists of a stage 2 clutch aluminum driveshaft and 4.10s. I do have some 24 pound injectors but I'm not sure if they'll offer much help on my stock engine... Anyone can chime in on that.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Congrats on the 300+ man! I'm hoping Pete can squeeze every last hp out of my cobra in the spring. I ended up getting Mac longtubes lethal off road x instead of your x pipe for the manifolds. I have pretty much no mods for the engine, just a JLT fender intake. The drivetrain consists of a stage 2 clutch aluminum driveshaft and 4.10s. I do have some 24 pound injectors but I'm not sure if they'll offer much help on my stock engine... Anyone can chime in on that.

Higher flowing injectors will not add power.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Will the stock injectors hold up past 7k rpm up to 7.5k rpm on a cammed 4V?

This depends on the hp level as RPM does not factor into it. 24s have supported 380rwhp through a manual trans, if you plan on making more you will need more injector.

What trans will you be using that will shift at 7500?

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
This depends on the hp level as RPM does not factor into it. 24s have supported 380rwhp through a manual trans, if you plan on making more you will need more injector.

What trans will you be using that will shift at 7500?

I have a T56 that I will have the 5-6 gear cluster swapped for a lower ratio for lower cruising rpm and I figured I would talk to either G-Force for a triple cone conversion or Liberty Gears for faceplating. I doubt I'll be going any higher than 7200-7300 on the stock motor, I'm sure the T56 will be able to handle a few 7200 rpm shifts for a while until I gather enough money to upgrade the T56.

Users who are viewing this thread