Another 300+rwhp 96-98 Cobra

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
thats pretty good numbers man. the torque is high to

I was surprised at the torque level too! It makes as much at peak as my 95 Cobra does. I wonder what a graph overlay would look like with the torque curves between the two cars.

Next up is going for 300rwhp with the 95 Cobra and with it using the factory GT40 heads with port work. It's at 275 and 305 but I'm thinking a certain intake swap might help it a bit.....we'll see if I can get it.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
It's white 01. only thing it is good at is collecting dust in my garage. I am next to the school on dwelly st dodge neon in front of house srt jeep and gmc yukon in driveway. Two p i t a loudmouth beagles in yard. Damn small world it is. Haha

There's someone with a slammed white 99-04 GT with chrome wheels and a blacked out taillight panel (could be an anniversary 99 car).....looks like it should be sitting on a trailer but I see it driving around quite a bit...was actually at the Autozone on the ave last night parked next to a blue w/ white stripes S197 GT. The white GT pulled out and I pulled in next to the S197 just as he was pulling out. I was in the calypso green '93 fox though (4-cylinder engine) so I couldn't compare engine revs lol
The Mystic is over at Dez Racing right now having the MM panhard bar installed.

Last edited:

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
Thanks and congrats to you too! It does sound good especially when the throttle is wide open. I'm on the hunt for a good short runner intake as my tuner doesn't think it will help make any more power---I believe it will though so I want to prove him wrong lol
I'm about tapped out on mod money though that will have to come later.
To hit 400 I believe we'll need ported heads, short runner intake and some custom cams.

My goal is also 400 N/A.

What's your plan in specific?

collincastaneda

Established Member
Hell yeah bro! Awesome! Those headers were $$$$! hhaha

I thought about going for that 400 mark NA...but the amount of money you'll need to put into the car bro...wow.

It's doable...but for the price...why not boost it?

Kiohtee

Established Member
400rwhp N/A would be wicked, but I wouldn't think driveability would be all that good and yeah, for the price a Coyote swap is much better. Probably will look into it once I get tired of the 4V, or if it gets tired first lol.

4valved

Banned
I was surprised at the torque level too! It makes as much at peak as my 95 Cobra does. I wonder what a graph overlay would look like with the torque curves between the two cars.

Next up is going for 300rwhp with the 95 Cobra and with it using the factory GT40 heads with port work. It's at 275 and 305 but I'm thinking a certain intake swap might help it a bit.....we'll see if I can get it.

Oh that will be fun whats done to the pushrod

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
Oh that will be fun whats done to the pushrod

Factory GT40 irons with a valve job and port work, e303 cam, TMoss ported Cobra lower intake, factory stock upper 94/95 Cobra intake, 70mm throttle body, 75mm PMas MAF, JLT fender well intake, Mac longtubes, Prochamber, Flowmaster catback, 3.73s on a Detroit TruTrac, factory Cobra crank and waterpump pullies, aluminum flywheel and FRPP driveshaft plus lots of suspension stuff. It uses an SCT-tuned A9L conversion through a 2nd generation PMAS harness.
I have an idea for a special intake and still looking for an electric waterpump.

Last edited:

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
I had those 400rwhp NA ideas when I had my 01 Cobra. After doing research I just went and bought an 04. Good luck though and congrats on those awesome numbers!!

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Very nice #'s, and the torque it makes quite impressive also for a high mileage B head. I'm going to get some dyno #'s for mine before I do the cam swap. Mine has MAC lt's, IMRC deletes, na svt shortrunner, jlt, no cats, alum drive shaft, 4.10s. Hoping it puts down 315hp.

Along with the cams I'll be installing an alum flywheel, melling billet oil pump, march fluid damper, march water pump pulley, and march power steering pulley. I'm also thinking of getting it tuned on E85 just to squeeze a few extra horses out of it. I think it can break 345hp n/a.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
Very nice #'s, and the torque it makes quite impressive also for a high mileage B head. I'm going to get some dyno #'s for mine before I do the cam swap. Mine has MAC lt's, IMRC deletes, na svt shortrunner, jlt, no cats, alum drive shaft, 4.10s. Hoping it puts down 315hp.

Along with the cams I'll be installing an alum flywheel, melling billet oil pump, march fluid damper, march water pump pulley, and march power steering pulley. I'm also thinking of getting it tuned on E85 just to squeeze a few extra horses out of it. I think it can break 345hp n/a.

I'm very interested in seeing how yours does with that short runner intake!

Users who are viewing this thread