Another cobra.

mark23svt

Established Member
Just recently got myself another cobra more of a daily since I hardly ever use mine. My 03 sonic blue is always in the garage that car has full Bolton’s, suspension work, ported blower makes around 515rwhp. Just picked up a 04 cobra oxford white with only 28k miles thing is previous owner had it sitting for like 3/4 years and only put 800 miles within those years. I plan on making my sonic blue a 700rwhp beast and my white one maybe just a 450/475rwhp daily. My question is what should I do to make this car feel comfortable for daily but still strong enough, feels real slow and sloppy compared to my sonic blue. It has full exhaust but sounds like there is a air leak, gas a small pulley but haven’t checked which one, has a k&n but just a filter and I believe 60lb injectors plus bpa(not sure though). It doesn’t have a tune. Car feels kind of sloppy in the steering and suspension not well. Any opinions on good mods that are worth it and good did daily driven cars. Just ordered H&R race springs(blue one has ss springs and it’s really low), afco HE, smaller antenna, front headlights, steeda triax(blue one has mgw). I just did oil change and tr7 sparkplugs oh and tint lol.

Attachments

• 2039A768-C744-453B-BD68-0590B3F1AE2E.jpeg
    2039A768-C744-453B-BD68-0590B3F1AE2E.jpeg
    237.2 KB · Views: 160

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Congrats. Two very good looking colors. Pulley the white one, idlers, Intake, tune. Also 9/16 irs subframe bolts, subframe connectors, and at minimum, diff cover, and diff bushings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Four Door SVT

Established Member
You definitely are fooling yourself, because of the mod bug you will now be twice bitten that’s all. Nice problem to have tho. Good luck, seems you already know what your plans are pulley up and tune the white one till stock fuel is maxed, chrome whipple 3.4 for the blue and all supporting mods

bullitt2735

Established Member
Since you said this will be your daily cobra I have another suggestion besides pulley, suspension etc... Grab a modern av reciever, has android auto and apple car play.(I get stuck in traffic a lot and a new head unit,speakers, and amp have made my life waaay more enjoyable in traffic) I have a galaxy s8 and android auto works amazingly well, far better than any oem Headunit I've ever tried with the exception of other android auto head units. The one I have just got a slight updates to the one I linked below, I have the 9903. I can't say enough good things about it. The Kenwoods are great because they use capacitive touchscreens instead of those old awful resistive ones.

http://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/excelon/ddx9904s/

mark23svt

Established Member
Thank you I’ll look into that. And yes I’m blessed to have 2. It was either another cobra or a 02 collectors trans am( I know). I asked a friend of mine if he was selling since he never moved it and I felt bad for the car. My closest tuner is 3 hours away would a mail order tune be good enough for this car. My blue one got a dyno tune. And what idler pulleys do you guys recommend for a daily. And trust me I know I’m already wanting to buy more mods, I told the wife I wouldn’t....it has begun again and I haven’t even finished my first one lol.

mark23svt

Established Member
Also why does my steering feel kind of loose? I don’t know if that’s how they feel the blue one has some mods already when purchased.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Congrats! If it has a small pulley but no tune, that's what I would address first.

As far as the steering, I would take it to an alignment shop to have the suspension checked out.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I had sloppy steering in a low miles Foxbody I sold not long ago. Replacing the outer tie rods remedied that problem.

2Rare

Against All Odds
Established Member
Wait, did I just read that you're going to DD your 28k miles OW Cobra? Don't do it, lol

TP03

Established Member
My closest tuner is 3 hours away would a mail order tune be good enough for this car. My blue one got a dyno tune.

I was in the same boat with my tune and the distance to the nearest dyno tuner. I ended up going with a Email tune (and data logging) from VMP performance. I've been very happy with the customer service and quick response time during the whole tuning process and I would definitely recommend them to others. My car runs better, pulls harder and the AFR is spot on.

mark23svt

Established Member
Thanks guys. And yeah but no lie if I put both cars next to each other you would think my blue one has the 28k. I love how it drives, sounds and feels. Just feels harder to drive for a daily. The white one needs work, that’s the main reason I bought it(save a terminator). My friend had the poor car routing outside his house under a drive port. And yes I want to address the tune ASAP, just wanted to see what I can order (best pulley, intake) combo. Even though I believe my friend put a pulley I don’t trust him on which one. I will look into vmp, I also emailed Malcolm since he hooked it up with a X4 for my blue one. And about the steering my car has front steering rack bushings so feels great. My white one feels sloppy, suspension makes noise, and even reversing turning the steering wheel makes some noises. I’ll defitnely look into tie rods, I’m sure this car needs a lot of bushings and suspension. What do you guys think about the k&n filter only? You guys think it’s good enough or would the car breathe better with a jlt?
Ps- once I get the whipple for my blue one I’m swapping the ported blower to the white one.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
One mod that is always overlooked is solid steering rack bushings from MM. They make a huge difference in steering feel. Last I checked they were on $40 too. Don't get the offset ones.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Good grab, and good luck sorting the car out.
OW & SB would look stunning sitting next to each other in the garage.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You asked if a K&N filter only would be good enough. Remember that this is going to be a DD, so IMO, yes, a K&N filter should be fine. And you'll save a bit of coin (to put into another mod).

mark23svt

Established Member
Ill look into those I really want this white one to turn as good as my blue one. And your right k&n for now is enough I really need to focus on tune and little things previous owner never did(like wash the dam thing atleast). Oh and guys I need to find a fuel door he put the Bullitt or something like that one and I hate it. I called ford and they discontinued the part so looking on eBay.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Good deal. Should be tons of fuel doors in the bone yards.

This ^ OP. Shouldn’t be much to get one painted either. I got a pillar last week at a bone yard because I don’t want to cut up my original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark23svt

Established Member
OK I’ll start checking out some junk yards, and as for those steering parts I have those on my blue cobra and they made it feel great so I will order some for this one also. And I’m finding stuff maybe original owner put on. It seems to have a idler pulley says steeda I’ll snap a pic later if not tomorrow morning since I work long shift today.

Users who are viewing this thread