Another email......interesting info

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
i hate to tell you that illegals are in more than just states bordering mexico. when i was on a project out in virginia there were more mexicans running around than white people. it was known they came there to work the chicken farms. they have places all over american they call "lottery spots" i can't tell you exactly what it means, but i know it has to do with places they go to work. the guy who did our cement work on the project had a bunch working for him and trust me they were not legal citizens.

And you still worked for that company, you didn't put up any fight to have that company brought up on charges? Blasphemy!!!! It's people like you that let this stuff happen.......................haha.;-)

I understand that they are some in every state.

werstlna

Established Member
Have any of you been personally affected by one of these people? Lost your job? Got raped? Anything?

Ah, but you're gonna say Capn', we have to pay our hard earned dollars to support these people. If you use your 338 Billion number that is only $10 dollars per person in this country.

Most people have already spend $10 on lottery tickets this week.

Edit, math was wrong. roughly $1000 per American. But that doesn't count any money coming back into the system.

First off, $1,126.67 per person in the U.S. is a significant amount of money. In my family of four that comes to $4,506.67 every single year - so don't tell me we should all just ignore that and play nicey nice.

Secondly, one doesn't have to have a bad personal experience with an illegal to understand just how damaging they are to us as a country and a society. But in order to play along with your silly game, and within the narrow context of your "personally affected" I will offer my personal experience. I live in Tucson, AZ which is basically ground zero of the invasion. I used to work fielding phone calls for a local service company. Routinely I would have people calling me saying "Bueno" and as I greeted them in English they would keep saying Bueno until they realized I was not going to speak Spanish to them. Then guess what happened - they started speaking English to me. But the assumption was that I should speak a foreign language by default and that is was insulting that I would only be able to do business in English! Keep in mind this was not some large multi-national corporation where you press 1 for English and 2 for Spanish. About once per day in that position the people would refuse to speak to me because I would only speak English. Sure, it's possible that some of them didn't know any English, but I could tell by the attitude I received that it was to make a statement. What if a Russian immigrant would've called and tried to speak to me in Russian? Do you think they would get all uppity because I only spoke English and not their native language?

Another example, I was a limo chauffer and occasionally I would get customers who were of questionable citizenship status. Same experience as over the phone, but this time in person. They would talk to me through the partition (obviously by my appearance I'm not hispanic) and start talking to me in Spanish. Trying to offer good customer service I would reply with my very limited Spanish, and then explain that I spoke English. For whatever reason they would get all insulted and act like they were superior and treat me with disrespect. I only had to hear "pinchy gringo" a couple times to figure out it wasn't a compliment. I'm not easily offended and I didn't take it personally but the way I see it, it's the same way as a white person calling a black person a racial epithat.

Another example, as I drive throughout Tucson I encounter numerous vehicles with Mexican plates. Now it's fine if they get their visa at the border and then return to their country when it expires. One of the more common cases of illegal immigration though is to simply overstay your visa, like indefinitely. I can't determine how many of the Mexican plates I encounter every day are illegal, but an educated guess is that at least some of them are. The way it impacts me is the generally dangerous driving techniques I observe and have to avoid. We all know people drive like idiots, but I swear whenever I see a Mexican plate there is a greater chance that they will disregard basic traffic rules. It gets dangerous and you have to create an unreasonable amount of distance from them because if they did cause an accident: a) they may not stop, b) they may not have U.S. insurance, c) they may have Mexican insurance that will not recognize a U.S. claim, or d) they may do the right thing and stop, exchange insurance info and man up to it. I'm not willing to count on option d happening.

Another example, since you asked. Tucson Unified School District (TUSD) is an under-performing district by practically any measure. This impacts me because I have a 3 yr old and a 7 month old who will have to deal with this, which means I have to deal with this as a responsible parent. Which means I will not allow my kids to attend TUSD, which means paying tuition to a private school or moving to a better school district, etc. How did TUSD get so bad? One reason is that (by some estimates) just under half of the students are illegals. TUSD gets money for each student they have enrolled, so it is to their financial benefit to have as many students as possible. So they basically have created a sanctuary district to shield illegals from the Border Patrol. Read one of my earlier posts about this, it was unbelievable what they did. They are also trying to say that all the students should be taught English as they go through school. Ok, cool I took English when I was in school but it's not a formal English class - it's more like ESL English as a Secondary Language. This means that all the kids will be held back at the same pace as the worst English speaking student. So instead of trying to teach whatever subject it is, the teacher instead spends most of their time simply trying to translate what they're saying. How productive and educational is that for someone who can already speak English?

So yes, illegal immigration does cost each and every U.S. citizen significantly. A lot times it's an indirect cost (all our tax dollars, or increased crime to someone other than us, having to relocate to a lower crime and better school neighborhood, or the not-so-slow erosion of our language values and culture) but it also impacts real people directly. I'm not sure how much worse you want it to get before you see just how real all this is.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Have any of you been personally affected by one of these people? Lost your job? Got raped? Anything?

Ah, but you're gonna say Capn', we have to pay our hard earned dollars to support these people. If you use your 338 Billion number that is only $10 dollars per person in this country.

Most people have already spend $10 on lottery tickets this week.

Edit, math was wrong. roughly $1000 per American. But that doesn't count any money coming back into the system.

A couple of years ago an ILLEGAL ALIEN rear-ended my mother in Denver, totaled her car and she spent a week in the hospital recovering- of course He ran and was never caught. So YES, I've been directly affected by illegal aliens.

Plus I'm first gen American. Parents and Grandparents came over on the boat in the early 50's. They came through Ellis Island and did everything LEGALLY. Did it take time? Yes it did. But the greatest rewards often have the most difficult path to get there. It's insulting beyong the pale that illigals have no consequences for their actions. And on top of that WE have to pay for it? I call :bs:- it's gotta stop.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
capnkirk, why are you backing illegal immigrants so much? No matter what you say, they are stil ILLEGAL. Maybe we should let all the rapists and murderers out of jail because it costs the country money to keep them incarcerated, plus they'd be paying taxes if they were working and making money. That's about the same argument you are making.

You act like 340 billion dollars isn't a lot of money for the US. That's over 3 trillion dollars every decade, which means our national debt is growing at an insane amount. How much money do they put back into the economy? Who knows, but I bet the same amount gets put into Mexico's economy or whereever else the people are from.

And don't say I'm far from the problem either because there are immigrants all over the DC Metro area. Not 5 miles from UMD in College Park is Takoma park, which is just packed full of immigrants. There are hispanic people walking the streets everywhere and I bet more 75% of the stores there either cater to hispanics or are fully employed by them. It is an awful area that seems very unkept and overcrowded. I can't imagine bigger cities down near Mexico where this is even more prevalent.

As for your stupid argument of who would do all the jobs that illegals do? There are plenty of lower class citizens in the US that would do these jobs, and have done these jobs for decades before all the illegals came here and took over. The difference is they would be getting paid a bit more, and would be paying taxes to the government, which helps the economy both ways. So what if a landscaper has to pay someone $5.50 instead of $3.00? How can you say they aren't being paid under the table when they are paying out less than minimum wage? It's not possible. When I was 15, I worked at a car dealership washing cars and doing general cleaning of the car lots, making $5.50 an hour. That was 7 years ago and nobody there was an illegal, just a few white guys and a few black guys. A lot of the people I worked with had been there for years and probably didn't get paid much more than I did, but not one person complained.

You think because nobody on a car forum, where everyone has $30k+ cars, will do a job for minimum wage, that we should allow parasitic illegals in this country? No, you are stupid. Please leave with all of them.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
capnkirk, why are you backing illegal immigrants so much? No matter what you say, they are stil ILLEGAL. Maybe we should let all the rapists and murderers out of jail because it costs the country money to keep them incarcerated, plus they'd be paying taxes if they were working and making money. That's about the same argument you are making.Not backing them, just trying to give people a different look at it. Yes they are illegal and no, letting murderers and rapists our is not the same as an illegal immigrant.

You act like 340 billion dollars isn't a lot of money for the US. That's over 3 trillion dollars every decade, which means our national debt is growing at an insane amount. How much money do they put back into the economy? Who knows, but I bet the same amount gets put into Mexico's economy or whereever else the people are from.It is a lot of money. All I wanted was for someone to calculate what they bring back in the form of unused tax revenues and the ability for employers to provide services at a cheaper cost to all Americans.

And don't say I'm far from the problem either because there are immigrants all over the DC Metro area. Not 5 miles from UMD in College Park is Takoma park, which is just packed full of immigrants. There are hispanic people walking the streets everywhere and I bet more 75% of the stores there either cater to hispanics or are fully employed by them. It is an awful area that seems very unkept and overcrowded. I can't imagine bigger cities down near Mexico where this is even more prevalent.Been 10 years since I've bee to DC so I dunno. You will not convince me that it is worse than El Paso.

As for your stupid argument of who would do all the jobs that illegals do? There are plenty of lower class citizens in the US that would do these jobs, and have done these jobs for decades before all the illegals came here and took over. The difference is they would be getting paid a bit more, and would be paying taxes to the government, which helps the economy both ways. So what if a landscaper has to pay someone $5.50 instead of $3.00? How can you say they aren't being paid under the table when they are paying out less than minimum wage? It's not possible. When I was 15, I worked at a car dealership washing cars and doing general cleaning of the car lots, making $5.50 an hour. That was 7 years ago and nobody there was an illegal, just a few white guys and a few black guys. A lot of the people I worked with had been there for years and probably didn't get paid much more than I did, but not one person complained. I never said anything about being paid $3/hr except I have never seen it done and I said more than 75% of them are paid like you and me.

You think because nobody on a car forum, where everyone has $30k+ cars, will do a job for minimum wage, that we should allow parasitic illegals in this country? No, you are stupid. Please leave with all of them.I just wanted someone to tell me who was going to do it and the answer is the same every time "someone besides me."

I want them to go the legal route as much as everyone else but kicking them out is not the answer.

Like I said before, there are much bigger problems than people coming to work to make a better life for their families.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Wrestnla. I should have phrased my question differently.

Have any of you been negatively affected by these people?

You put forth some examples but I'll bet you have had just as many problems or more, with the average everyday American citizen. If not, then you live in the wrong place.

Yes $1000/year is a big amount but I'll wager over 70% of Americans have more credit card debt than that, or put that much in gas in their boat, or a second mortgage, plasma TV..... Point being that most Americans blow $80/month on stupid crap anyway...

Last edited:

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
A couple of years ago an ILLEGAL ALIEN rear-ended my mother in Denver, totaled her car and she spent a week in the hospital recovering- of course He ran and was never caught. So YES, I've been directly affected by illegal aliens.

Plus I'm first gen American. Parents and Grandparents came over on the boat in the early 50's. They came through Ellis Island and did everything LEGALLY. Did it take time? Yes it did. But the greatest rewards often have the most difficult path to get there. It's insulting beyong the pale that illigals have no consequences for their actions. And on top of that WE have to pay for it? I call :bs:- it's gotta stop.

No offense but getting off a boat having a quick med exam a glance at an ID and a couple questions to be an American citizen? Would that make you happy if we did that with these 12M people?

gotwood

Established Member
Yes, who would do it is my question? Nobody on this forum has stepped up and said "I would do it" and that is my whole point!!!

Did you even read any of the thread?

I would do it, I have done it, and my family in North Carolina owns alot of farm land and still does it. Does that answer your question?

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Yes, who would do it is my question? Nobody on this forum has stepped up and said "I would do it" and that is my whole point!!!

Did you even read any of the thread?

I have done it....guess you ignored my post. Go figure.

Many of us started out doing menial jobs in food service, harvesting crops, landscaping etc...most of us have moved on to other careers. I'll have my kids working whatever jobs they can find- if it's in one of the jobs that according to you only illegals do then so be it.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I have done it....guess you ignored my post. Go figure.

Many of us started out doing menial jobs in food service, harvesting crops, landscaping etc...most of us have moved on to other careers. I'll have my kids working whatever jobs they can find- if it's in one of the jobs that according to you only illegals do then so be it.

In my book "have" is past tense. I asked who "will" do it.

Everyone has had a crap job but moved on to better things. That's what America is about but who fills that void when everyone has moved to better things? They do it because they have to, there is generally no "moving on" to better things for them and they still do it.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
In my book "have" is past tense. I asked who "will" do it.

Everyone has had a crap job but moved on to better things. That's what America is about but who fills that void when everyone has moved to better things? They do it because they have to, there is generally no "moving on" to better things for them and they still do it.

If you think Americans don't work these menial jobs you're in denial. You seem to be blinded by your idiology instead of listening to reality. But that's typical liberalism- which is another thread entirely.

To the 2nd part of your arguement about illegals doing it because they have to. Again I call BS. No one MADE them come to this country illegally. No one MADE them stay here- no one made them go either because people like you want to give them everything they ever want or need (for free) so there is no reason (in their mind) to leave. The point you still seem to be missing is THEY SHOULDN'T BE HERE IN THE FORST PLACE!!!! For starters we don't need ANY new laws, the ones we have are fine. WE need to ENFORCE the existing laws on both the illegals and the MORONS who support them by giving them jobs, welfare etc. So in my mind at least you start by making their lives more uncomfortable here than they were where ever it is they come from. Then we throw the scumbag employers who hire them into jail or fine them into oblivion. So if we take away their employers and their benefits and start enforcing our laws they won't want to come here and they won't want to stay.

Is it a perfect solution? NO, but you gotta start somewhere.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I am very serious. Why don't you do the math to be fair? If you don't know what positive impact these people have on your life why are you bashing them?

They get the same mandatory taxes taken out of every paycheck as you do but most leave it behind when they go back to Mexico as its tough to get a refund when you aren't a citizen (i'm sure its been done plenty though).

Money that they make goes back into our economy, they have to eat too right?

And you get your goods and services associated with these people at a substantial discount.

My question is, how do they get a pay check without a SS#?

Users who are viewing this thread