another new z06 gets snake bitten

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
03CobraBro said:
His quarter mile time would put him in Z06 neighborhood.

Good run either way.

That C6 Z06 is becoming quite a benchmark in the performance world.

the lower end maybe...i have yet to see a C6Z trap less than 125.

BayareaSS

Established Member
Sounds like a good time but not a kill at all.

With 455hp you would get pulled pretty easily by a c6 z06. With your power you dont trap high enough to beat a z06

Almo

Established Member
wuplash said:
by giving your throttle an aggressive halfway push to the floor that is a race signal and is why the stang went after you.if not wanting a reaction for another vehicle behind you one should take off more normal.

Maybe 3/4s of a throtte... what is funny is, he was probably talking to his girl and telling her he was toying with you...

If your car is at full weight... you need 80 to 100 more HP than he to make up for the Z's weight and stock they put down 440 to 450 to the wheels.

Even with a driver and passenger in the Z, pending your weight... the Z still has your car by 300 to 350 pounds and both numbers being compared at that weight says he was toying with you.

Last edited:

wuplash

Established Member
dirty bird said:
if his car ran an 11.6xx in a 1/4 than it could easily hang/beat a new zo6, especially with a new owner/driver of the car. the z06 is my favorite car but with an 11.6 in a 1/4, thats relatively even with a stock z06.
Btw wuplash, is your car red, if so ive seen it and it is badass. im from hendo.

thanks for the compliment.yes mine is red and far as i know i'am been the only red one around our area for the past 4.5 years.really thought there would be more of this color running around:thumbsup:

wuplash

Established Member
Almo said:
Maybe 3/4s of a throtte... what is funny is, he was probably talking to his girl and telling her he was toying with you...

If your car is at full weight... you need 80 to 100 more HP than he to make up for the Z's weight and stock they put down 440 to 450 to the wheels.

Even with a driver and passenger in the Z, pending your weight... the Z still has your car by 300 to 350 pounds and both numbers being compared at that weight says he was toying with you.

even with a passenger yea it probably does have me by 300-350 lbs,but both of the new z's i've run had a passenger while i had none and the outcome has been the same so far.i'am sure once he gets it broken in more he may come looking for some revenge.maybe it was the new synthetic oil and filter change that day giving me the edge:-D

wuplash

Established Member
03dsgcobranc said:
nice run! those amazon tunes are nice are'nt they :thumbsup:

rick got it right on the money the very first try on a mail order tune:beer:

wuplash

Established Member
BayareaSS said:
Sounds like a good time but not a kill at all.

With 455hp you would get pulled pretty easily by a c6 z06. With your power you dont trap high enough to beat a z06

i have no doubt someone who can shift the z's butt off can trap 126 or 127,but the average joe driving one can't do it.

StangJason

Established Member
wuplash said:
i have no doubt someone who can shift the z's butt off can trap 126 or 127,but the average joe driving one can't do it.

+1 Only on the internet is it impossible for a terminator to beat a C6 Z06

BayareaSS

Established Member
wuplash said:
Even with an average driver the z would trap over 122. probably more like 124-125

wuplash

Established Member
BayareaSS said:
Even with an average driver the z would trap over 122. probably more like 124-125

i remember seeing a vid posted up last year when there was a gathering of a few new z's at bowling green and they could only muster 120 mph traps,maybe somebody remembers it and could attach a link to it.i'am sure it was posted on this site.

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
On the days the Z's trap 120 the pullied Cobra will be ~113-115 MPH.

Can't really compare trap speeds of two cars ran at two tracks on what could be completely different days with huge differences in density altitude.

As I've said before it takes a full weight Cobra ~530 RWHP to run even with or barely edge out a stock C6 Z.

But of course anything can happen on the street.

BayareaSS

Established Member
Steeda30 said:

Can't really compare trap speeds of two cars ran at two tracks on what could be completely different days with huge differences in density altitude.

As I've said before it takes a full weight Cobra ~530 RWHP to run even with or barely edge out a stock C6 Z.

I agree

wuplash

Established Member
Steeda30 said:

i happen to think the new z06 is a nice machine,but also know it's not impossible to beat one with my current setup.the comparison of trap speeds was not at 2 different tracks my times are also from bowling green,although you are right about the different days they were done.i will agree a 530rwhp cobra would be trapping high 126-low 127 making it even with a very competent z driver.stick a average or below average z driver behind the wheel though and one would not need that much power to win a race.:rolling:

C6 Z06

Established Member
wuplash said:
i happen to think the new z06 is a nice machine,but also know it's not impossible to beat one with my current setup.the comparison of trap speeds was not at 2 different tracks my times are also from bowling green,although you are right about the different days they were done.i will agree a 530rwhp cobra would be trapping high 126-low 127 making it even with a very competent z driver.stick a average or below average z driver behind the wheel though and one would not need that much power to win a race.:rolling:

Let's hope all those C6 Z drivers don't start modding! We would have old guys with gold chais and hairy chests moving way faster than their brains can think!!:burnout: :lol1:

BeNBadRacing

SVT Test Dummy
Established Member
C6 Z06 said:
Let's hope all those C6 Z drivers don't start modding! We would have old guys with gold chais and hairy chests moving way faster than their brains can think!!:burnout: :lol1:
:lol:

Too late huh? Bought any gold chains yet? I'll get you one for Christmas.

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Well, I ran by friends C6 Z repeatedly from various speed rolls when I had 516 RWHP and he always put ~1.5 cars on me from 50-140 or 60-150. He is an average driver.

~450 RWHP is going to get pulled, even by a total 'tard of a Z06 driver. Once he got it in gear he's going to pull by pretty easily.

Last edited:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
04gtstang said:
Nice kill!

How fast did you pass him? That will tell the tale, if he was racing or not. I wouldnt mind running into one myself....but I fear I may loose. They are VERY fast cars.
C6 Z06's can be beat, believe me. ;-) ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread