Another one (93 Cobra) bites the dust....

BiLL1024

Established Member
Heck in 10-20 years our cars may be worth 100$ in scrap iron if gas prices go to 10-20$ a gal. What did a boss 429 sell for in 1974?
Who knows what will happen 10 years from now; if you even live that long.
Mod away, but keep the original parts.
Enjoy it; drive it like you stole it.

unibager

Established Member
Hell, we might as all just surrender our cars to this joker. This way he will have all the Cobras' to himself. I wonder which one he would mod then? Although, we could all just enjoy our cars, whether they are Ferraris' or Fords. O', I once had a guy ask me why I would modify my 1990 Saleen. So I took him for a ride and burned the tires at 100 MPH and ran to 175 - when we got back, he wanted to mod his! Enough said.

unibager

Established Member
One more thing, I sold my Saleen in one week, and got more than I had in it, because it was a *&%$ing animal! Further, 500hp is controled by most drivers right foot.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
bat-stang said:
I wonder if the dude who started this thread got paid anything to get our hackles up?!

that's why I just laughed at it initially. This topic has come several times over the last year

93BlkCbra

Established Member
The way I see it...If the Virgin, un-modded cars start appreciating to out-of-site
prices; all of us will benefit from the increased interest of collectors that want a
stock specimen, but aren't willing to pay the rediculous prices for one. They will
then look for fairly stock or nicely modded examples with some documentation and
most of the stock parts. So...unless you've got your car shrink-wrapped in a museum,
play all you want, just keep your receipts and stock parts, if you're worried about it.

SVT Fun

Established Member
SVT Fun said:
These 93 Cobras are so picked over, 13 years down the road, one must wonder how many are even original. Ridiculously absurd how individuals butcher these numbered cars. Personally talked to some owners that have more non-Cobra than 93 Cobra specific parts on the car now. The value is trashed at this point. From a pure collector's standpoint, a true collector wouldn't pay $5,000 for these butchered 93 Cobras. In reality, a true, pure collector would chuckle, walk right on by and think you're fatuously insane to hack a numbered car to pieces for the sake of dyno horsepower figures, "going faster", or any of the like.

If butchering a car to pieces and making the most amount of horsepower is the end goal, then buy a 4 cylinder Mustang and hack it to oblivion. How the heck does 500 plus horsepower benefit anyone on the street? It won't hook in any of the first three gears on street tires. Yeah, sure, it's a daily driver, right.

At the end of the day real aficionados are just thankful the gearheads lacking the sense to butcher a 4 cylinder or other non numbered GT car are making their cars worth more.

Here's the kicker. Around 2018, when another 500 or so of these supercharged, blown, nitrous fed 93 Cobras have been wrapped around telephone poles, etc. from breaking loose at 100 mph and the other various and sundry hacked 93 Cobras have been picked over and blown up what will the all original cars be worth? Again, if one thinks a tube chassis, rollbar "tricked" out 93 Cobra is going to be worth as much as an all original....well, just keep on sniffing those tailpipes when the car is idling as it certainly won't hurt that brain much more.

blueSHAKER

Established Member
I saved every stock nut and bolt from my '93 cobra. It'd take me one weekend to unbolt the blower, headers, and accessories tro have it back concours again. I'm not that dumb. Stock is always worth more.

blueSHAKER

sm1993svtblk

Established Member
SVT Fun said:
Here's the kicker. Around 2018, when another 500 or so of these supercharged, blown, nitrous fed 93 Cobras have been wrapped around telephone poles, etc. from breaking loose at 100 mph and the other various and sundry hacked 93 Cobras have been picked over and blown up what will the all original cars be worth? Again, if one thinks a tube chassis, rollbar "tricked" out 93 Cobra is going to be worth as much as an all original....well, just keep on sniffing those tailpipes when the car is idling as it certainly won't hurt that brain much more.
Not trying to talk shit but I have had 6 cobras now. I still have two black ones. I have a black on grey leather car that is now gonna be my SSO car. That means super street outlaw car for those who don't know. If anyone wants to talk shit on prices, I will put this car up towards most anyone. People can keep there cars stock if they want but this is what I wanted to do!!! **** everyone if they have shit to talk to me. My car number is 4602 and if anybody has shit to talk send that to [email protected].

Sorry to tell people whats up but that is my 2 cents.

Last edited:

SVT Fun

Established Member
sm1993svtblk said:
Not trying to talk but I have had 6 cobras now. I still have two black ones. I have a black on grey leather car that is now gonna be my SSO car. That means super street outlaw car for those who don't know. If anyone wants to talk on prices, I will put this car up towards most anyone. People can keep there cars stock if they want but this is what I wanted to do!!! **** everyone if they have to talk to me. My car number is 4602 and if anybody has to talk send that to [email protected].

Sorry to tell people whats up but that is my 2 cents.

Uh, wanna race cross country in the SSO car? Say from East coast to West coast?

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
sm1993svtblk said:
I'm not no hater on people talking about 93 cobras. It is just crazy if you have to reply to every post 5 or 6 different times about nothing.

Just stating that fact. :lol: Im also not tring to point you out in the croud but your time here

Today, 07:58 PM #38
sm1993svtblk
Rookie SVT Poster

Car: 93 Cobra
Trader Rating: (0)

Once again im pointing you out, you were just the example.

Last edited:

sm1993svtblk

Established Member
BADBOYSPACK said:
Just stating that fact. :lol: Im also not tring to point you out in the croud but your time here

Today, 07:58 PM #38
sm1993svtblk
Rookie SVT Poster

Car: 93 Cobra
Trader Rating: (0)

Once again im pointing you out, you were just the example.
My point exactly....I don't reply to every single last post on here. If you look a couple posts right up from that, this guy or girl was talking bout me and I was just replying.

Scott

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread