Another one (93 Cobra) bites the dust....

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
sm1993svtblk said:
:lol:
LMAO :pepper:

I had to post this to bring up my point from what you stated.

You are right you dont reply to every post on here, but are you a learning alot or do you know alot.

I had a feeling that this post would go south, but I elected to do it anyway.

svtdriven

Established Member
Can't we all just get along?!

I can see it now, the bone stock preservationists turning their noses up at the modded mustang crowd! whatever!

postage stamps, baseball cards, and mustang cobras are only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. besides the investment value, take a look at the car. built by ford under a strict budget, it has a lot of room for improvement.

the ride height, not set up for track duty, but goes over speed bumps without rubbing on the exhaust.

the exhaust, same as the standard 5.0, effectively meets emissions laws by forcing the exhaust gases through 4 cats and a restrictive mass produced exhaust system.

thunderbird cam, nuff said.

the point is, even with a limited production number, the cobra is still an assembly line mass produced vehicle made with mass produced parts. I bought mine because it was a better starting point in the direction I wanted to go with a fox project car. Some people think it is the holy grail of foxbodys, I think its a great starting point. I like it a lot, and I like it better when I put parts on it and drive it again. Don't get me wrong, I like seeing them and other foxbodys in preserved stock form, but that just isn't me. I am not looking at the car as an investment, it's there for me to have fun with while I can.

sm1993svtblk

Established Member
BADBOYSPACK said:
I had to post this to bring up my point from what you stated.

You are right you dont reply to every post on here, but are you a learning alot or do you know alot.

I had a feeling that this post would go south, but I elected to do it anyway.
I'm just stating from what I see. I am on pretty much every Mustang board out there along with 99% of the people on here. I have owned 150+ fox bodied Mustangs. I don't know everything about every Mustang but have been around long enough to know what I need to know.

Scott

PJM99

Established Member
SVT Fun said:
<laugh> <snort> I think I'll buy me a Chevy and butcher it to oblivion.

Good than maybe you'll go away from this forum! :loser:

Seriously, we all get along pretty well here. We all love 93 Cobras. Some prefer stock others don't, deal with it! Go cry someplace else. Either way, in 40 years these cars will need some sort of restoration. People have a right to enjoy what they pay for however they see fit. This is America last time I checked! :shrug:

93BlkCbra

Established Member
When I wore a bow-tie, I subscribed to the originality absolute. I entered the NCRS
show with my 70 LS5 Vette and narrowly missed Top Flight, partly because I had
side pipes(dealer installed after 69, not factory), and an MSD for better drivability.
After being judged as second class by guys wearing Corvette underwear, I bought
my first Mustang, a 93 GT Vert. Within a few months I was subscribing to the 5.0
mags and planning my mods with the Vette in the garage, losing points with every drive. Finally, I sold the Vette(I did make great money on it). Well...that GT got
stolen, so I bought my 93 Cobra. It turned 10k miles on the way home from having
the Kenne Bell tuned. SVT Fun(And I say this in fun), if that doesn't get your
Cobra panties in a wad, how about the 95 Cobra R on E-bay w/ over 5k miles, or
what about a 2000 Cobra R with a twin turbo set up?

'93blownCOBRA

Established Member
Well said. Don't cut em up, keep the stock stuff in the attic, and go have fun.

example:
I took one of my concours '70 Mach1's to the Pensacola national show over the weekend only to have some Barney Fife looking MCA judge try to tell me for over a half an hour how my "pride and joy" was "a good driver" (even after I informed him that it took the Gold in the Concours class at the Nashville Anniversary show). Screw that!

I think that he was in a Chevy Lumina. LOL!

I think my concours days are about over. Way too much trouble and effort for not enough return.

blown...

Last edited:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I love my neighbor's '93 Cobra. Personally, I feel it is really well-balanced, especially in the power department. It doesn't have too much, and not too little, though I never object with a fast DD or collector car.

What pisses me off are the guys and girls who wreck nice collector cars.

asusmilinbob

Established Member
93blowncobra...that Mach is frickin sweet man! I enjoy seeing cars that are concours...especially the old school stangs 65 thru early 70 models. My Dad and I have a 70 vert the same color as your mach...cal. coral. I know it has to be a serious pain in the buttox to do a concours resto on one...parts are frickin impossible to find these days. I love a stock 93 Cobra too....but I must say a modded one is a heck of alot faster...and more fun.period.

'93blownCOBRA

Established Member
Thanks man. Here is a pic with my 4 Speed Concours '70 Black Mach 1 too.

On my '93 Cobra I like to keep it as stock appearing as I can. paxton 8lb, long tube headers, MSD Boost timing master, fuel pump and regulator.

blown...

'93blownCOBRA

Established Member
Thanks man. Here is a pic with my 4 Speed Concours '70 Black Mach 1 too.

On my '93 Cobra I like to keep it as stock appearing as I can from the outside. Paxton 8lb, long tube headers, MSD Boost timing master, fuel pump and regulator. In Dash 7" motorized DVD/TV player. TV antennas installed above the headliner...you never see them.

blown...

FordRacing200

Banned
Cars are meant to be driven, as long as someone doesn't cut up or tub of back-half a 93 Cobra, i'm fine with it.

Ninesecsnake said:
Your making me feel so bad about putting this in my car...

134479346.jpg

But I think I'll get over it!! :-D

The way I look at it, I paid for it, I'll do what I want with it. I only wish I could put all of these new goodies in a virgin 93.
that's F'n insane!!!! That car is going to be awesome!

Last edited:

asusmilinbob

Established Member
nice blk mach 2 boot! I'd like to own a 70 mach one day. As for now it wont happen. The only one I can afford is a rust bucket...and I'm no welder :)

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
A good rule of thumb is not to do anything that can't be undone. I would not drill any holes, any welding, any cutting of any kind (in a 93 Cobra). Modding Mustangs is what makes them desirable, but there is a difference between hacking and modding. I am keeping my car close to stock just because you can't find them like that anymore. I have had several very fast modded Mustangs, but I enjoy this car because I never got to drive a near stock 5.0 that was not beat to shit. My car is more rare than a 93 Cobra, but nobody cares because it is just an LX. :rolleyes:

hotrodcobra

Established Member
My one owner 93 Cobra is the "LEAST" rare car that I own. I do not consider it rare, I do consider it fun. The Cobra is 1 of 4993. My 70 Cuda is 1 of 1700 or so. My 71 Cuda vert is 1 of 33. I guess it is all a matter of perspective. ;-)

Here is the new motor in the Cobra and it will be just a tad more powerful than the stock block that split with 508 rwhp. :thumbsup:
motorpics_042.jpg

Got to see some nice cars in this post anyway. :beer:

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
I love mine and she will not be cut or majorly altered.

It will be for sale again one day. In search of the one I want.

SVT Fun

Established Member
Love how the dissenters gripe about what I <me> type, then go off and tell me <you> what they can and can't do with their cars. Right, I'm really open minded about my <your> opinions, just not others.

A real vintage mustang enthusiast, are you?

Show me a picture of your 68 and half 428 Cobra Jet. Go ahead. Show me a picture.

Humph.....70 Mach 1's, please. <snickers>

Any 68 and a half 428 Cobra Jets out there?

Users who are viewing this thread