Another Riots in 30 mins?

o2gt

Established Member
dont worry our President will speak to the people and calm things down.

04svtterm

Established Member
yea....i dont know if i agree with this one. I will be the first to admit, that i didn't follow the case fully, but a choke hold is a choke hold.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Not sure how this cop got off. Video of chokehold, medical examiner states homicide, NYPD prohibits choke holds.

From what I have read, the guys own health problems.

The cop was too small for an actual choke hold, he guy was screaming (not choking), and the hold was less than 14 seconds. You don't die from asphyxiation in less than 14 seconds.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
This one certainly seems a little more grey then other incidents. If the news report was accurate (which reporting seems to be getting really sketchy these days) the officer has had previous reprimands such as lying on a police report and cost the city $30k in a suit.

Heard one another news report that his weight and asthma likely played a big role in his inability to breath. Curious on the autopsy report if it pins down the choke specifically or a combination of things that lead to this.

Having been choked out before, I can't really grasp how a hold that fast lead to his death, but I'm far...very far from a medical expert.

Side note, knowing a few cops, it isn't uncommon for suspects to yell they're being choked as an attempt to get free. If you're screaming, you're breathing.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
The criminal had over 30 previous arrests.

You think he would know by now to shut the hell up, turn around, and put your hands behind your back.

Obviously they just release him right back to the streets. What was he trying to do? Save bus fare?

musclefan21

Established Member
Not sure how this cop got off. Video of chokehold, medical examiner states homicide, NYPD prohibits choke holds.

Lol.

Last thing you want to listen is CNN, but here is my take based on CNN reporting and i know for a fact lots is left out and modified to gain rating by CNN.

-officer used his arm around the suspects neck to take him down, not choke him out. Two different things. Policies prohibit chicking someone out UNLESS the force is used during s deadly force or similar situations. It was not used during the entire arrest, he was clearly on his stomach, officers trying to arrest him. Nobody was choking him out.
T
Medical examiner ruled homicide, as in his death wasnt due to natural causes, as he just died due to struggle of that arrest. Police use whatever force necessary to effect an arrest. Very big guy, clearly resisting. Well all bets are off, he needed to be restrained and taken into custody. CNN is making this whole thing very dramatic by changing things around to rile people up. I guarantee his asthma, being fat, caused him not able to breathe properly and die, not choking. He was not being chocked st all on the ground when he was saying he couldnt breathe.

About murder / homicide comments, in order for someone to be charged with those, he/she must have the intention to commit such offense. We can all agree, that officer didnt intentionally end that guys life.

He isnt the first one to die due to asthma, heart and other health related issues during an arrest. That doesnt mean officers who were effecting the arrest get charged with murder or similar offenses. They were doing their jobs.

At best policy violation disciplinary action.

Last edited:

thebestofindica

Established Member

You think he would know by now to shut the hell up, turn around, and put your hands behind your back.

Obviously they just release him right back to the streets. What was he trying to do? Save bus fare?

I'm not a heartless A-hole, but the guys criminal history tells me he was a slow learner. Unfortunate, but I will not make excuses for this guy. When will people learn? The man with the badge is the law. If you are breaking the law, you suffer the consequences.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
CNN doesn't want folks to hear the whole story, what does matter is getting their ratings up and the money that it brings in. These media personnel don't care about getting the whole story. It's hot news and folks who want to make a name for themselves. Obama already stuck his opinion in, once again sturring the pot up.
All the guy needed to do was follow orders and instructions and NOT put himself in that situation to begin with!!!

tistan

Established Member

I have a hard time giving a flying **** about someone with 30 arrest.

Users who are viewing this thread