Another sell out...

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
I told myself forever that I wouldnt do it, but I finally gave in. I sold my procharged 97 last week and will be picking up an 03-04 very soon.

I already miss the black car, but the guy who bought it was no punk kid and I'm sure it is in good hands. nothing sounds like a procharger singing at idle.

Just the fact of how easy it is to make the 03-04 cars fast finally convinced me to do it. Sure I could have built a stout bottom end and pullied the bejesus out of the procharger, but it still would not have the bottom end of a KB or whipple.

I cant wait! Whatever I get will be mint and i'll go from there. I will still be around this forum(my favorite) to toss out useless phrases that may or may not pertain to the thread at hand.

But I did sell out....

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Sooner or later we will all move on to something different. Congrats on the sale and have fun with the new ride.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
you're gonna be very happy ! positive displacement blowers kick the shit out of centrifugal blowers.

skate47e

Established Member
That sucks but you will soon be in your newer cobra, and itll all be worth it. Good luck with everything.

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
your car was pretty sweet, what did you end up selling it for if you dont mind me asaking?

Thanks, I got 10 for it. I lost lots of money, but you know how that goes. it was a really nice car, I expected it to sell much faster than it did, but the guy who bought it seems like a guy who will enjoy it and take good care of it.

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
Thanks, I got 10 for it. I lost lots of money, but you know how that goes. it was a really nice car, I expected it to sell much faster than it did, but the guy who bought it seems like a guy who will enjoy it and take good care of it.

that guy got a hell of a deal. i would have parted it out and returned it to stock and used it as a trade in. you would have made more money that way, but undoing all the mods would be torture... good luck with the terminator search though, just remember that the money you lost selling your SN95, alot of people are losing that and more selling there terminators now. you can get a real nice whipple or KB cobra for around 20K..

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
it was paid off, and for all the trouble and time it would take to do it, it was worth just taking the money and adding some to go buy another one. I thought very seriously about it, but figured by the end I would have been "nickel and dimed" to death. I didnt want to tear into a perfectly good car either.

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
OK, so I got the car Saturday, white 04, pullied, tuned, JLT, exhaust and it is beautiful. But after a few days of driving it, I have come to the realization that it simply doesnt feel anything like my 97 did, and I wouldnt consider that a good thing. The instant 14lbs of boost hit is wonderful, but thats it, it doesnt build as rpm does. The procharged 97 pulled and pulled and pulled. I'm not so sure that the 97 wouldnt run this car down, and this 04 is tuned and runs great. The 97 just had that "I'm a badass" feeling, the 04 just feels like a really nice car that goes fast really quickly. I dont regret my purchase and know I got a good deal, but if I had it to do over again, I would have kept the 97, built the motor and swapped the P1 for a D1 and been in heaven. the top end charge of the procharger is more visceral than the instant ,then flat, hit of the eaton. Maybe a KB or whipple will remedy that, I dont know, but I sure miss my 97 now, it was such a beautiful car.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Wow, that sucks man. Sorry to hear you miss your 97.

That's one of the reasons why I'm pouring tons of money into my 96 right now. I've had it so long (was my first car), done so much stuff to it, etc., that I'm afraid I'd miss it and regret getting rid of it.

LitleWhiteSnake

Yeah, Its a VTEC
Established Member
OK, so I got the car Saturday, white 04, pullied, tuned, JLT, exhaust and it is beautiful. But after a few days of driving it, I have come to the realization that it simply doesnt feel anything like my 97 did, and I wouldnt consider that a good thing. The instant 14lbs of boost hit is wonderful, but thats it, it doesnt build as rpm does. The procharged 97 pulled and pulled and pulled. I'm not so sure that the 97 wouldnt run this car down, and this 04 is tuned and runs great. The 97 just had that "I'm a badass" feeling, the 04 just feels like a really nice car that goes fast really quickly. I dont regret my purchase and know I got a good deal, but if I had it to do over again, I would have kept the 97, built the motor and swapped the P1 for a D1 and been in heaven. the top end charge of the procharger is more visceral than the instant ,then flat, hit of the eaton. Maybe a KB or whipple will remedy that, I dont know, but I sure miss my 97 now, it was such a beautiful car.

port the eston get smaller pully and a 100shot. the irs makes for a awsome ride and dosent have the kick in your ass feeling like the sn95 but trust me your way better off and faster. hell if you want lets trade ill be happy too lol

C O 13 R A

Crazy Arms
Established Member

There you go. Perfect excuse to start and get the M:idea:D Bug nice and FAT!

Users who are viewing this thread