Another sell out...

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Then assuming your 04 is running right it should stomp all over your 97.

I understand. Post your 97 dyno graph and compare it to my old graph since your 04 makes the same power (assuming it is running correctly right now) and you'll see what I am talking about.

Your ass-o-meter just needs to be re-calibrated for the linear power delivery. Believe me when I say you will get into to trouble really fast with this car because it doesn't "feel" fast, well that's relative, but you know what I'm talking about, LOL.

Dont know about stomp all over it. The 04 will weigh a bit more than the 97. Plus with the right gears the 97 could stay in its powerband. I would however expect the 04 to take a win.

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
Then assuming your 04 is running right it should stomp all over your 97.

I understand. Post your 97 dyno graph and compare it to my old graph since your 04 makes the same power (assuming it is running correctly right now) and you'll see what I am talking about.

Your ass-o-meter just needs to be re-calibrated for the linear power delivery. Believe me when I say you will get into to trouble really fast with this car because it doesn't "feel" fast, well that's relative, but you know what I'm talking about, LOL.

agreed on both counts, it just doesnt feel like the animal the 97 did. The 04 runs right, I'm sure it also has some relation to the 355s in the 04 and the 410s in the 97 as well

03DOHC

Established Member
agreed on both counts, it just doesnt feel like the animal the 97 did. The 04 runs right, I'm sure it also has some relation to the 355s in the 04 and the 410s in the 97 as well
If you have your 97 Cobra's dyno file email it to me and I'll overlay the two graphs for a much better idea.

03DOHC

Established Member
I had a friend that had an 04 w/ a 2.93 (427rwhp I think) and he let me drive it. It did have gobs of power down low but after 4500 it felt like the curve was on the down swing. Then I went for a ride in my buddys S-trim'd 98 cobra and it felt like a plane taking off. It kept pulling and pulling and pulling all the way to redline. Gave more of a feeling that you were going faster. Much like a turbo car.

-Mark
It is a feeling, that's it. A feeling doesn't mean you're going fast. The sooner you get that out of your head the better off you'll be. What are you going think if something feels fast but runs a slower ET at the dragstrip than something that feels slow but runs a quicker ET at the dragstrip? If you continue to believe your ass-o-meter when reality says otherwise then I don't know what to tell you other than you need to learn to let go of the subjective and view things objectively.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
It is a feeling, that's it. A feeling doesn't mean you're going fast. The sooner you get that out of your head the better off you'll be. What are you going think if something feels fast but runs a slower ET at the dragstrip than something that feels slow but runs a quicker ET at the dragstrip? If you continue to believe your ass-o-meter when reality says otherwise then I don't know what to tell you other than you need to learn to let go of the subjective and view things objectively.

If you think that. It is a fact that PD blowers tend to tail off in power as rpm rises. Centrics are exactly the opposite. Ever wonder why there's not 1 single heads up car in NMRA that runs a PD blower? Gee I wonder why.

-Mark

elcobrita

Established Member
If you think that. It is a fact that PD blowers tend to tail off in power as rpm rises. Centrics are exactly the opposite. Ever wonder why there's not 1 single heads up car in NMRA that runs a PD blower? Gee I wonder why.

-Mark

true, there is only so far you can go with a PD blower

03DOHC

Established Member

-Mark
If I think what? That two cars, one that makes less power but feels faster is actually slower, and the other car that makes more power and feels slower is actually quicker because of the way the power is delivered? What exactly do you want to argue with me about and why?

I'm not arguing the power potential of a eaton is greater than a large centrifugal so get off of it. Oh I see, you view me as a 97 Cobra hater coming in here talking trash, well suck it, because that is not what I am doing.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
If I think what? That two cars, one that makes less power but feels faster is actually slower, and the other car that makes more power and feels slower is actually quicker because of the way the power is delivered? What exactly do you want to argue with me about and why?

I'm not arguing the power potential of a eaton is greater than a large centrifugal so get off of it. Oh I see, you view me as a 97 Cobra hater coming in here talking trash, well suck it, because that is not what I am doing.

Calm down there youngin. :lol: I understand that 452>400 with equal weight. Thanks for bringing that to my attention captain obvious. What I was trying to get you to understand that in racing who gives shit what the car makes below 4500. The motor will never go below that. If his 97 made the same power it'd beat the 04 due to the curve of the centri's power. The 97 will stay in the meat of its power band longer. Post your dyno numbers and I'll find a centri with equal peak power and we'll compare the numbers from 4500-7000? So why don't you get off YOUR PD high horse. We're all the sam here.

Read this. This might help you understand.

Modular Depot - Your source for Modular Performance parts and service - Articles - Tech - How to get Maximum Acceleration

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Im going to be doing the same as well soon. The thing is i dont even want to dick with my car anymore for some reason, ive driven it probably 5 times since Jan.

03DOHC

Established Member
Calm down there youngin. So why don't you get off YOUR PD high horse. We're all the sam here. Post your dyno numbers and I'll find a centri with equal peak power and we'll compare the numbers from 4500-7000?
Read this. This might help you understand.
I don't need to read anything, I'm not on any high horse, and I'm not comparing blowers, how much clearer can I state that. We're talking about two cars, one being a pullied 03 Cobra, like I owned and am familiar with, and a 97 Cobra with a centifugal supercharger that makes 400rwhp, that the OP owned and sold for a pullied Terminator. I'm not making a claim that a positive displacement blower is better than anything so put your e-penis back in your pants and chill.

03DOHC

Established Member
email sent
You sent me the dyno sheet and not the dyno file so I can't overlay the two on the same graph.

This is your 97 Cobra.

tn97dynograph.jpg

This is my 03 with the stock pulley and magnaflow exhaust and a K&N filter, factory tune. This setup will pull on a c5 zo6.

tn423rwhp.jpg

And this is an overlay of what it looks like when you add a pulley to an exhaust and K&N combo. This was what I was hoping to do with your 97 Cobra file.

tnoverlay.jpg

03DOHC

Established Member
I'm not one to race dyno's so I'll just say that I think the biggest factor is probably the 4.10s and the T-45's gearing that makes your 97 feel like it goes faster, but I'd wager money that you're going to go quicker in your new car.

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
I've been driving it a lot more in the last few days, and its a bad mofo. I'm really starting to like it a lot, tons of easy power!!!

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
All I have for now, pics do not do the car justice at all.

7943080034_medium.jpg

7943080035_medium.jpg

7943080033_medium.jpg

03DOHC

Established Member
I've been driving it a lot more in the last few days, and its a bad mofo. I'm really starting to like it a lot, tons of easy power!!!
I'm glad you're liking it.

If I may make a suggestion. If your car doesn't already have it, get a BilletFlow diff cover brace aka IRS brace. IRS Brace These cars have a bad habit of getting into wheel hop and it can shatter your diff cover. The solution to wheel hop is to install Bruce's bushing set. http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...g-kit-w-adj-sway-bar-links-bumpsteer-kit.html

Have fun with your new ride. Congrats. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread