Another Terminator Clone Build Thread

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Looking good. Great build. My buddy smoothed his bullitt side scoops years ago too. It’s very subtle and you need to really look for it. Great mod.
Thanks
The fake bits on any car have always bugged me, if you’re going to have something on a car it should at least have a function. I do like clean lines and the smoothed sides just look better to me

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Damn man, that looks like a fantastic project so far! Keep it up and I hope you end up putting at least 100k miles on it when it's done!
Thank you, it’s moving along slowly, it’ll going to be a sunny Sunday cruiser, It will get some miles but I doubt I will live long enough to put on 100k! I am 68 now so I would have to live a very long time to rack up 100k. I appreciate the thoughts.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I have been collecting parts long enough that I have one of the original Steeda K members.

Attachments

• IMG_4775.jpeg
    IMG_4775.jpeg
    350.9 KB · Views: 98

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I’ve been working on removing the factory sound deadening and putting in B Quiet matting. What a pain in the ass! I will be pretty happy to get this job over with. On a bit of a side note, I ordered 3 50’ rolls and they double shipped it. I contacted them and they said “oops, well just keep it, not worth the expense to ship it back”. So I have 6 rolls for the price of 3. Good company to deal with and the matting is decent quality. I would say very similar to Dyna Mat and cheaper too. We will see how effective it is once we get the car back together

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I also had a pair of OEM Cobra lower control arms, got them powder coated to match the K member. I had the bushings and ball joints out for the powder coating so I put in Global West Delrin bushings and Steeda X2 ball joints

Attachments

• IMG_4833.jpeg
    IMG_4833.jpeg
    320.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_4832.jpeg
    IMG_4832.jpeg
    321.2 KB · Views: 83

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I had the spindles powder coated to match and put some QA1 adjustable struts in. I guessed on the coil over spring length and load rating so hoping I am close. I don’t remember right now what the rating on these are, I will have to look it up. These are 12” long springs, I suspect I might need to swap them out for 14” ones.

Attachments

• IMG_4835.jpeg
    IMG_4835.jpeg
    291.6 KB · Views: 89

03' White Snake

Established Member
I had the spindles powder coated to match and put some QA1 adjustable struts in. I guessed on the coil over spring length and load rating so hoping I am close. I don’t remember right now what the rating on these are, I will have to look it up. These are 12” long springs, I suspect I might need to swap them out for 14” ones.
I had 14” springs and I couldn’t get the nut on the strut. Ended up ordering 12” and they work great. I run 250’s and they are great on the street. Tried 175’s and they were a tad too light and floaty on the street.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I had 14” springs and I couldn’t get the nut on the strut. Ended up ordering 12” and they work great. I run 250’s and they are great on the street. Tried 175’s and they were a tad too light and floaty on the street.
Thanks for that, great info! These were a best guess, I think they are 250 lb springs but not 100% sure. I haven’t had the wheels back on it yet but with stands under the front control arms, it looks close to “right”. I know that means nothing though

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I haven’t been feeling great the last couple of days so accomplished virtually nothing on the car. These pics are a little older. Way back when I bought a flaming river rack and steering shaft. Well when I went to install the Flaming River rack it doesn’t fit with the Steeda K member. I could have modified the K member but decided against it. And went shopping for a rebuilt terminator rack. Finally found one at Napa, at least the part numbers match. We’ll see when we get it up and running. I have read all the debates on these racks, I really don’t know what I have and not about to take it apart to find out. Next step was to paint and clear the rack before putting it in, got that done. I put the rack in with urethane bushings, I have MM solid bushings and thought about using the but it’s not going to be a race car so to try to keep the NVH down for the wife (she is very sensitive to noise and I am damn near as deaf as a post) I went with the urethane. On a side note, the rack mounts on the Steeda K are a bigger diameter and the MM ones would need to be bored out to fit the rack studs. They will fit the stock K easily. Anyone looking for a Flaming River rack let Me know, I am sure we can work something out.
Putting in the Flaming river streering shaft was a bit of a pain, with the Kooks long tubes clearances are very tight, I was not going to dimple my damn expensive headers unless I absolutely had to, so far no dimples, that might have to change when it get back on the road. The Flaming River steering shaft is a nice pice btw, would by again.

Attachments

• IMG_4921.jpeg
    IMG_4921.jpeg
    499.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_4922.jpeg
    IMG_4922.jpeg
    533.5 KB · Views: 73

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Hope you feel better soon bud, take your time on the car. I can assure you we are all willing to wait for this one to be finished with you.
Thank you, appreciate the support. I have good days and bad days, I work on it when I can and I know that if I don’t feel good I don’t even attempt to work on it because my work quality won’t be as good. I am trying very hard to do this right the first time and not have to redo much. It still happens but that is all part of building a car.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I know toy/modified/project cars are rarely finished, there are always things to do, more things to change, things you could have done better. My goal is to have this one on the road for next summer. We are going to Australia at the end of January for a couple of months so there will be no progress during that time. Gotta get as much done between now and then as I can. Just received my seat Foam from LMR, got a great deal on some black brand new upholstery from a local on Market place, less than 1/2 of what LMR was asking. Ordered front brakes and tires should be here in a week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread