Ants coming thru the wall-need suggestions

Kartracer

Established Member
Hi,
As the title states I have little black ants coming out of the wall, every time I spray them they pop out somewhere else about 3 hours later. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions? I looked and they are not coming from outside so I guess I have a nest in the wall.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Amdro Ant Block around the perimeter of your house. Went through this a few months ago. Problem solved.:beer:

bglf83

Established Member
Raid_Max.jpg

Spray the bottom part of the house outside, like the small openings at the bottom of the brick. and the inside at the bottom of the walls.

Kartracer

Established Member
I am not sure about Raid, they are not comoing from the outside and I have dogs. Keep em coming, I appreciate the advice.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You can spray the outside perimeter of your house to prevent them from coming in from the outside, but if they're already in the walls you'll need a service like Terminex. I've tried doing this myself but learned twice that the paid service works way better.

If they are carpenter ants (larger than sugar ants) you could have interior wood damage. They're destructive. Hopefully yours are the small, sugar ants.

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
Have you tried borax? You can buy it premixed but I usually mix my own with sugar and water until its got a syrup like consistency. Set it in beer caps or whatever else you may have. They take it back to the nest and it kills them all. Worth a try...

Mike

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
We had the same problem. You need to have an exterminator come spray the outside AND inside of your house.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
and find out what's drawing them in. Something was left out to draw them.

A lot of times they are just in search of water.

Our house is always clean, I'm insane about it. We had ants like crazy but it wasn't because anything was left out.

Last edited:

Kartracer

Established Member
Thx guys, I like the beer cap idea, there were some crumbs in the pantry but damn.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
In three years of pest control I never saw ants that were not coming from the outside. any branches or limbs touches the exterior are a perfect gateway.

Over the counter treatment I would recommend is Amdro bait. You can buy a package of them at walmart or somewhere similar for fairly cheap and they work. Place several where you are seeing the ants and it should help eliminate the problem. As stated above, they do not always come in after a food source. It's more often an attraction for water, especially in your climate.

03cobrah

Established Member
forgot what it was called but i bought it at walmart the other day, it basically feeds the ants poison, which they also end up giving to the queen. the whole nest should die out. i haven't had any problems since.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
the andro ant block works well, we have that problem from time to time. I do the perimeter of the house outside, and then set the little ant trap things around the house.

Users who are viewing this thread