Any 03-04'cobras around the MS area????

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
just wondering, i've been looking into selling the truck and getting one....i've ridden in one, when they first came out, and those things pull hard. anyway, i was just checking to see if any of you guys were selling yours, or know of anyone that has one for sale.

the morons at grey daniels ford are selling a brand new red/organge coupe for like $36,000. i'd rather find a good used 03' though.

later
chiz

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
Hey Chiz, I've got one I live right on the Pearl/Brandon line. I did what you are thinking, bought a good, used 03. Just got it a couple of mos ago, so Im not looking to sell it. Sorry I dont know of any others around here, I had to fly to detroit to get mine...striker

CHIZ

Established Member
so your in pearl? i lived over there for about 3 years. i'm looking for one in black, like yours. i'm about to start selling the lightning. i hate to see it go, but i just miss being in a mustang. anyway, we should meat up some time, and ride out to beasley, and see what all the ricers are doing.
later
chiz

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
Yeah I hate to sell my gn too, but I think I'm gonna have to. I got too many vehicles now, and I have to keep my truck. Do you live in Jackson? I heard there was some running going on out at Beasley these days, please tell me its not just ricers. I was out there not to long ago, didnt see anything going on, is it late night stuff?

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
Thanks for checking in BradN01, I dont think there are any around Jackson. They must all be up north where you are lol.

CHIZ

Established Member
man i have seen maybe one around here (i'm in clinton).

beasley: yeah, i went out there probably 2 months ago, and it was a ricer's dream....this one guy had neon lights that would blink with the base of his ghetto stereo. there were only a couple cars that were really fast, a t/a and a camaro.

have you went to see that orange/red cobra at grey daniels? they want $36,000 for that sucker, and its a 1 year old coupe. people are smoking crack in MS alittle to often, and i think the main distributors are the salesmen at grey daniels.

well, its official, i'm selling the truck, i've got up over on the for sale section....you guys let me know if you know anyone thats looking for one that was damn strong from the factory. it's got the bottle on it, but i haven't sprayed it yet, so its basically stock besides the lowering, tires, and valve body.

later
chiz

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
Good to have you on the board sleeperz, do you know Jason White? He lives in plantersville, has a tr and a hayubusa.

Chiz, no I havent seen the orange one at grey daniels, I gotta go up there soon though and I'll check it out. Figured thats what theyd be asking, thats why I didnt even look there. Cant do orange myself anyway. You can find good deals on 03's, but be prepared to travel. I just considered it a really long, but fast road trip. It was more like the cannonball run, I hauled ass coming back home lol.

sleeperZ

Established Member
striker_29 said:
Good to have you on the board sleeperz, do you know Jason White? He lives in plantersville, has a tr and a hayubusa.

Chiz, no I havent seen the orange one at grey daniels, I gotta go up there soon though and I'll check it out. Figured thats what theyd be asking, thats why I didnt even look there. Cant do orange myself anyway. You can find good deals on 03's, but be prepared to travel. I just considered it a really long, but fast road trip. It was more like the cannonball run, I hauled ass coming back home lol.

Yeah I know him but not good.......

We just had a meet in tupelo. I think BradN01 was there maybe? Raced a Mach 1 several times?

If so Im the guy who raced the other Cobra from ripley I think?

Didnt get a chance to talk to you but maybe next time.....It was awesome out there.

myth

Established Member
Im in Biloxi. I traded my 00 lightning in on a 03 cobra. I love it. I drove down to Tampa to get mine. Its redfire. There are a couple on the coast but none for sale. We had a 03 anv. convertabile at work, but its sold right after we got it. You wont regret getting one. Im pushing the 500 mark with mine, its benn 11.67 at 120 so far. Good luck

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Ryan...where did you trade the bolt in at? What mods does the snake have? Congrats on the car btw. Need to run it at gulfport dragway. I won't be there this wed tho, have to work. They have new pavement to 1/8th mark and also time boards at other end now. Looks good!!

myth

Established Member
I traded the lightning in at a dealership in tampa. The cobra has a 2.8 upper pulley, predator with a rwtd tune, bbk lontubes, off road x pipe, magnaflow 11 inch mufflers, triax short throw shifter, eibach lowering springs, 18x9 chrome bullit wheels and a denscharger cai. I am happy with the car. Gulfport actually only repaved the first 220 feet. But the new boards are nice. I ran the cobra at gulfport with just the pulley and a predator shelf tune, it ran a 12.45 at 116. That was on goodyear f1s.

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Yeah, it's almost to the 1/8th mi mark. I haven't run the Bolt since they've done this. I need new tires badly. I definately wanna hear the Cobra. Maybe ride for a few. I'll chip in some gas money or ya can bring the Wife and yourself and come have a beer at my work. Either or... :beer:

myth

Established Member
We dont need any gas money to go bashing on imports. As far as the beer, Ill take you up on that.

CHIZ

Established Member
man there's alot of you guys on the coast.....i don't think there are to many people around here that get on these forums...

CHIZ

Established Member
i'll try, just depends how far in the playoffs we go this year....i'll keep in touch with you guys, so i'll know where and who you guys are.
later
chiz

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Playoffs?

Sounds good. I've already requested the days off. A bud and his wife are bringin their 02 Silver and me and my g/f are going. Gonna have to look for some rooms down there or around. Shouldn't be too much of a problem though. Holla back if ya need to follow or something.

Users who are viewing this thread