Any 03-04'cobras around the MS area????

joemayo

Established Member
Okay got pre approved for the loan for a cobra.. now just gotta wait for my stepdad to find one (online car dealership owner). From you cobra owners what do i need to achieve 500whp? i'm not smart with what they need but i know alot about nissan(sr20) toyota (supra) stuff but i'm just now getting started in cobras.. what do i need to get 500whp... car will have ccw's right off the back with some better stopage power (rotors,pads.. etc...)
Thanks
any help is appreciated

Joe

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
well, i ran 3 times. the first run, i ran with traction control on, and had a 1.8 60' and ran a 13.2 at 112. my next run was a 2.2 60' with a 13.4 at 113, and my final run was a 2.1 with a 13.1 at 113. the mph was there, i just couldn't keep from spinning. i had nitto 555r drag radials 315x35x17's. i got sideways half way down the track in third gear everytime except the first time with the t/c on. i almost wet my pants when my front end was pointing at the wall at 65mph. like i said, i'm not going back there again! to dangerous with no track prep.

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
Anyone in the North Mississippi area should come to Tupelo on April 6. Should be a lot of street cars meeting up.

Last edited:

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
SKYWALKR said:
You may have seen my old Camaro around, 99Z28 with Fikse rims and SKYWALKR on the tags, anyway, the Cobra doesn't come out very often. Most days I drive my 86 GT. I actually like that car better. Seems like I've heard Lena may not be opening back up this year... tornado broke some stuff. The track has been for sale for a while. A bunch of us getting together seems like a plan to me...

Luke

You like your 86 better?? WTF?? Anybody else know something on Lena this year? I know its not the best hooking track, but damn its closer than Hattiesburg.

CHIZ

Established Member
i haven't herd anything. its day to day with that place. its a very nice track, it just needs someone with money to run it.

just noticed your from pearl.... i transfered there my junior year and graduated over there. i'm now at MC. every now and then a group of friends will ride out to homedepot and watch all the ricers make a fool out of themselves. i'll pm next time we go, and maybe we can meet each other.

later
chiz

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
CHIZ said:
i haven't herd anything. its day to day with that place. its a very nice track, it just needs someone with money to run it.

just noticed your from pearl.... i transfered there my junior year and graduated over there. i'm now at MC. every now and then a group of friends will ride out to homedepot and watch all the ricers make a fool out of themselves. i'll pm next time we go, and maybe we can meet each other.

later
chiz

Yeah I'm originally from clinton, but live in Pearl now right on the brandon line. Be sure to let me know next time ya'll come out. Try and bring some babes with you :thumbsup:

SKYWALKR

Established Member
CHIZ said:

later
chiz

As far as I know the guy has plenty of money, just doesn't care much about the track. Just opens it so people can run, thats why no real prep, unless someone rents it for some event and do thier own. Nice place aside from that.

Let me know when you guys are getting together and I'll join.

CHIZ

Established Member
i'll be sure to let you know! i'll call a buddy later tonight and see whats up for friday. more than likely their will be a bunch out there we can make fun of. plus, theirs usually about 100 people at the sonic in north jackson, imports and domestics.
later
chiz

Users who are viewing this thread