Any 07-09 guys running cowl hoods?

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
I dont think anyone but Cervini makes a GT500 cowl hood. GT hoods fit but the nose lines dont line up and it isnt curved to match the grill.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I dont think anyone but Cervini makes a GT500 cowl hood. GT hoods fit but the nose lines dont line up and it isnt curved to match the grill.

I believe you but it must not be too noticeable. I've seen the car I posted above a 100 times in person and never once noticed anything not lining up. I was with him every time he went to the body shop while the parts were being installed and they never mentioned it either. Again, not saying I don't believe you but in my opinion its such a small issue I wouldn't think twice about using the Steeda hood on my GT500.

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
I bet you notice the next time you see it. Just focus on the grill and look at the leading edge of the hood. Its not gonna slap you but its there. I wouldn't swap my fascia for a GT's so why use a GT hood is all I am saying. they are slightly different. Hey if I had a GT and wanted it to look better I would put a 500 fascia on it too. ROFL. I had a GT hood on mine for about 2 weeks and pulled it off because it didn't look right.

Back then Cervini didn't have a hood for the 500 other than the cowl but now they do.
This was my old car and I kept the hood and put it on my 500.
SpawnSig.png

So i do have first hand knowledge that they are a little different.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
$500 is not bad for a good, quality hood. that's chump change to jake. he probably spends that much a week on lattes and what not :poke::thumbsup:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
$500 is not bad for a good, quality hood. that's chump change to jake. he probably spends that much a week on lattes and what not :poke::thumbsup:

Yeah that's true. He could trade his watch in for 10 cervini hoods :lol:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Have you checked out trufiber yet? I have no idea on their quality, but they make KR, Super Snake, replicas (venom and venom II) and cowl hoods for the gt500. Trufiber Ram Air Hoods - Quality Finished & Guaranteed Fitment!

If you search for "trucarbon" they have carbon fiber versions too. Although I think they are super pricey!

yes, ive been told truefiber hoods are really good quality too. i know bangastang sells a lot of them.

For the record, I dont like lattes.

:lol: ok, how about beer then? :beer:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Sam Adams Summer Ale......mmmmmm yummmy! Check your email too!

Users who are viewing this thread