Any 93 Cobra's with K. Bell "Blowzilla" SC?

sled

Established Member
their is no intercooler on my car. it only revs to 6000rpm and ive driven it with the blower off of it. trust me, you know the blowers there. it leaves the line plenty hard! 1.57 60 foots show it!

~Ray~

Established Member
sled said:
their is no intercooler on my car. it only revs to 6000rpm and ive driven it with the blower off of it. trust me, you know the blowers there. it leaves the line plenty hard! 1.57 60 foots show it!

Sorry I misread your post, eitherway to be making 469 rwhp @ only 6lbs of boost that means you must have a 400 rwhp motor then to be making that kinda power, Kenne Bell, Centrifugal they all make 10-15hp per lb of boost.

sled

Established Member
car made 306rwhp and 336rwtq on motor. i have all the dyno sheets to prove this. it picked up just over 20hp per pund of boost. :coolman:

sled

Established Member
it really depends on the way the motor is set-up. the rule of thumb is 10-15 per pound. i tuned the car the first when it was just on motor. it probably coulda made alittle more power, but i dont know how much more. the second time with the blower on it, kauffman motorsports tuned it. both times it was on dyno the weather was pretty similar.
its a 331 with 8:5-1 CR, the older canfield heads right out of the box, holley intakes, and a comp cam. i cant remeber the specs off the top of my heads it been to long since it was built. it is a blower cam though. A.E. tech out doylestown PA built it. they
also have records of the power it made before and after the blower.

~Ray~

Established Member
sled said:
it really depends on the way the motor is set-up. the rule of thumb is 10-15 per pound. i tuned the car the first when it was just on motor. it probably coulda made alittle more power, but i dont know how much more. the second time with the blower on it, kauffman motorsports tuned it. both times it was on dyno the weather was pretty similar.
its a 331 with 8:5-1 CR, the older canfield heads right out of the box, holley intakes, and a comp cam. i cant remeber the specs off the top of my heads it been to long since it was built. it is a blower cam though. A.E. tech out doylestown PA built it. they
also have records of the power it made before and after the blower.

160 rwhp on 6lbs of boost :poke:

You'd be running about 12lbs of boost to make 6lbs of boost on a 331 with a 8.5 compression ratio, do you have a after cooler ?

Last edited:

Ltlmule

Established Member
My Buddy dan has a kennebell on his Rare '93 Cobra R, Got to ride in it all night long at the 40th in nashville. Its got alot of torque instantly, way more than anything I ever felt in a 03/04 cobra even one that was laying down 580hp and 560 torque. The light foxbody with the 420 plus torque just feels more brutal. Plus the whole car felt it went up 6" at instant acceleration from a stop.

I will send him a link to this thread to get him over here

He also has a Teal 93 cobra with a black cloth interior with less than 25K miles. His toy box also includes a clean 85 GT Ttop, 93 GT convertible, and recently departed and in my hands a '89 Kenny Brown Super GT.

93BlkCbra

Established Member
Ltlmule, I'm interested in hearing more about this Kenne Bell Cobra R. How much boost and which size kb is he running. Is the rest of the car stock? How much lighter is the
Cobra R than the 93 Cobra?

vnmspny

Hey, I own the 93' R with the KB, I have an 8lb pulley on it right now. It has aluminum ported heads, svo headers, high-flow cats with 2.5 inch exhaust. I think its two or three hundred prounds lighter than a Cobra. I love the car with the KB.

sled

Established Member
~Ray~ said:
160 rwhp on 6lbs of boost :poke:

You'd be running about 12lbs of boost to make 6lbs of boost on a 331 with a 8.5 compression ratio, do you have a after cooler ?

i have all the info to prove how much power it made before and after. there is no cooler, power pipe, or anything on it. its a stock S-trim set-up with a 3.13 pulley.

sled

Established Member
well, if anyone with a KB is close to me we can take to the drag strip and find out who really makes the best blower. i am gonna have 14psi or more on it by spring. i willing drive pretty far to do this.

black89lx

Established Member
ive been asking locals around here about the kenne bell because i want the instant torque, sound, and individuality.

they all said go centrifigul its cheaper blah blah blah. now after reading this especially the dependability. im going KB

sled

Established Member
idk about the dependability part. im not scared to drive my car anywhere anytime. the instant tq you got me there. the S-trim doesnt come til about 2000rpm.

i dont believe a KB with the same amount of boost is gonna put down the same power or 1/4 ET as a vortech. there is no way IMO.

Last edited:

sled

Established Member
we need more S-trim people in here. i feel like im the only one. i dont see how you can compare a KB to a Vortech. the only place its got the vortech is under 2000rpm.

~Ray~

Established Member
What are you talking about Sled, no one trying to argue who's blower is better, both blowers have there goods & there bads were just telling people what a Kenne Bell is like if it makes you feel like we are dissing your centrfigal blower I am sorry, like I said both blowers have there pros & cons,

Kenne Bells,
Pro's: Kenne Bells last forever, Kenne Bells make more power from 2000 - 5500 rpm, Kenne Bells make more Torque "alot more" Kenne Bells are easier to install "2 hours" Kenne Bells have self contained oiling systems.

Con's: Kenne Bells have traction issues & Kenne Bells don't have Intercoolers readily available.

Centrifugals,
Pro's: Centrifugals have Intercoolers readily available, Centrifugals don't have traction issues & Centrifugals make better track times.

Con's: Centrifugals fail alot & are constantly having to be repaired, Centrifugals take days to install, Centrifugals use your motors oil & must make a hole in your oil pan, Centrifugals make power slowly "you can barely feel" & Centrifugals don't make more torque than a motor.

Both blowers are better than the other in one way or the other, it's all about preference, personal preference & how you like to drive :coolman:

Last edited:

EV1L_SVT

Established Member
I like both Blowers, I was going to go either way also with the purchase. I've heard good and bad about both. As far as dependabilty, Vortechs have no problems there, I'll drive my car anywhere. I also dont "wait" to feel any power, When I hit it that MOFO moves out. The KB seems to be alot harder on the drivetrain from all the torque (nice for the street). You wont win any races spinning. Both Superchargers are good in their own way...
Go Turbo!!

sled

Established Member
~Ray~ said:
What are you talking about Sled, no one trying to argue who's blower is better, both blowers have there goods & there bads were just telling people what a Kenne Bell is like if it makes you feel like we are dissing your centrfigal blower I am sorry, like I said both blowers have there pros & cons,

Kenne Bells,
Pro's: Kenne Bells last forever, Kenne Bells make more power from 2000 - 5500 rpm, Kenne Bells make more Torque "alot more" Kenne Bells are easier to install "2 hours" Kenne Bells have self contained oiling systems.

Con's: Kenne Bells have traction issues & Kenne Bells don't have Intercoolers readily available.

Centrifugals,
Pro's: Centrifugals have Intercoolers readily available, Centrifugals don't have traction issues & Centrifugals make better track times.

Con's: Centrifugals fail alot & are constantly having to be repaired, Centrifugals take days to install, Centrifugals use your motors oil & must make a hole in your oil pan, Centrifugals make power slowly "you can barely feel" & Centrifugals don't make more torque than a motor.

Both blowers are better than the other in one way or the other, it's all about preference, personal preference & how you like to drive :coolman:

i have to disagree with some things here. I've never had any big problems with the S-trim only once.as i said the blower was very old.i dont know what you talking about with rev the crap outta the motor my car only revs to 6000 max, but it still makes the same power as yours with half the boost( and no cooler).it has max boost by 2500rpm!!! you can feel it trust me! the install only takes a afternoon if you know what your doing. when i first put mine on my stock motor i did it on a friday after work and drove around that night. im kinda wondering. have you ever had an S-trim before???? mine was faster then my buddy Dens with the stock motor and strim vs his H/C/I KB. right off the line he would get me, but as soon as i was in second gear i blew his doors in. i guess its all on what you want. if you want that bottom end pull get the KB, if you wanna haul ass and have low 1/4 ETs get the S-trim . you can drive my car to and from the track, beach or where ever and not have a problem ill put my money on it. i can drive to the track and blow off a high 10 second pass and drive home with the A/C on. My car has had the same set-up for 3 years now and its great. i would like to run a car with similar mods and a KB though. i think it would be fun.

~Ray~

Established Member
sled said:
but it still makes the same power as yours with half the boost( and no cooler.

Now that's not physically possible but whatever you say I'm not going to argue :lol:

Blacksally

Established Member
~Ray~ said:
Ya there ain't no words to explain the feeling of a Kenne Bell, from the day you first get on it you'll have a grin on your face you won't be able to remove for months, like I said I have 3 Kenne Bells coming up for sale here shortly if interested, 2 Blowzillas 91 polished) & a 1.5l if interested.

Ray I may be interested in your 1.5 KB. Please send me some info regarding mileage. How much more Hp did you get with the Blowzillas vs the 1.5? Thanks. You can send a private message to [email protected].

93BlkCbra

Established Member
Vnmspny....Did you go with the 1.5l or the 2.2l? Have you had your car dyno tuned?
What aluminum heads? Interested because mine's at the tuner and curious for some
similar set up feedback. What fuel system upgrades did you make? To everyone....
there's some of us on this thread trying to get info, can we not turn this into another
mine's bigger than yours peepee contest?

~Ray~

Established Member
Blacksally said:
Ray I may be interested in your 1.5 KB. Please send me some info regarding mileage. How much more Hp did you get with the Blowzillas vs the 1.5? Thanks. You can send a private message to [email protected].

Well thing is that one is for a standard 5.0 lower intake & it only has about 3 or 400 miles on it & it's polished so that one I'll be selling for about $2,500 I could probably give you a satin 2.2 Blowzilla for gt-40 lower intake for about the same price.

Users who are viewing this thread