Any 93 Cobra's with K. Bell "Blowzilla" SC?

sled

Established Member
~Ray~ said:
Now that's not physically possible but whatever you say I'm not going to argue :lol:
you said you made 460rwhp on 13-14pis. i made the same on 6 psi. so i dont see your point. i have all the dyno sheet to prove what my car did with each set-up. :poke:

helluvasnake

Established Member
Ray, What kinda bottom end do you have? I have the stock 302 in my 95 cobra and making 465 on 7lbs boost. Really wanting to take advantage of this blower and push in the double digits boost wise atleast. 600 rwtq is INSANE!

~Ray~

Established Member
helluvasnake said:
Ray, What kinda bottom end do you have? I have the stock 302 in my 95 cobra and making 465 on 7lbs boost. Really wanting to take advantage of this blower and push in the double digits boost wise atleast. 600 rwtq is INSANE!

I have a r302 now.

Your making 465hp on 7lbs of boost ? You sure about that ? Is that Rearwheel or guestimated ?

I have a 331 stroker, AFR 185 Heads & a similar cam & I would of had to run about 14lbs of boost to be able to reach them #'s but that was on a Blowzilla I just got my Flowzilla & have not tested it :rolling:

Eitherway I say you are definately maxing out the block, you may not crack the block but you'll probably throw a rod, I'd upgrade them rods asap if I were you.

~Ray~

Established Member
helluvasnake said:
Thats is RWHP. Dyno tuned by Pro-Dyno. I need a block and good internals bad. How much did that R302 run ya?

That is amazing, I never used a chip on mine, I just bought a tweecer I'll have to see what It can do, I paid $2k for mine then another $1k for rotating assembly & another $700 for machine work.

vnmspny

93BlkCbra said:
Vnmspny....Did you go with the 1.5l or the 2.2l? Have you had your car dyno tuned?
What aluminum heads? Interested because mine's at the tuner and curious for some
similar set up feedback. What fuel system upgrades did you make? To everyone....
there's some of us on this thread trying to get info, can we not turn this into another
mine's bigger than yours peepee contest?

I bought the car the way it is. I think its 1.5l. I have not dyno tuned the car. It has stock fuel system. They are SVO aluminun heads. The former owner like to stick with ford parts.

fasterandfaster

Ray,
Since you are the local authority on this.
Is this a good deal?
Does the kit use the Factory crank pulley.
I have numerous K.B. pulleys from all of the Lightnings and H.D.'s that I build.
What upper pulley should I run for ~12 psi.
Does this kit look complete?

Vince

fasterandfaster

Do you have some pics so I can better understand the bracket setup?
Do you use the stock fuel rails?
Anything else?
Ray,
Thanks for your time & knowledge.
Vince

~Ray~

Established Member
It just bolts right up, takes two hours to install, you don't need the lower so you can just sell that for $150 all day long on ebay.

Stock Fuel Rails are fine & what I use.

You could have used your Cobra Pulley on it but it's already sold & nolonger on ebay.

I would recommend buying this one now http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kenn...ryZ33741QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem order a Flowzilla Kit w/ bypass for $750, Snout & Couplers for $300, Bracket & Idler pulley for $100, Pulley & pulley removal tool for $70 & nuts & bolts for $25 & just put it all together yourself. You'll have Flowzilla manifold that is good for an extra 2lbs of boost & around 50 extra hp for up to $1k less then you could a lower quality one new from Kenne Bell.

You'll need a 5 5/8 crank pulley (Stock Mustang Pulley) & 2 1/8 or 2 1/4 Blower pulley (can't remember exact right now) & you'll be making a good & more efficiant 11-12lbs for only around $2k.

You'll then just need a 255 fuel pump, some 36 - 42lb Injectors, 75mm (or larger) Throttlebody, 80mm Pro-m meter & a chip (of course) so you'll still even with dyno tuning being under $3k -napkins you'll need everytime you shit yourself ;)

Last edited:

fasterandfaster

O.K.
A little about myself,
I am a SCT dealer, and own 2 autoperformance shops & a tranny shop.
www.lnsauto.com
I have #42's on the shelf.
Mustang, Lightning, and SCT BA2400/2800 meters
I have the K.B tools and pulleys
Obviously I have chips,x-cals
#255 pumps, T.B and all the goodies.

So I "can" use the Cobra lower intake, Great.

[1]Now I need this blower, [go with the 1.5??]
or Should I find a 2.2 How much should this blower sell for?
[2]order a Flowzilla Kit w/ bypass for $750,
[3] Snout & Couplers for $300,
[4] Bracket & Idler pulley for $100,
[5] nuts & bolts for $25

Vince

~Ray~

Established Member
Yes you can use Cobra lower intake. A 1.5 will be all you could ever need for a stock block but if you plan to add more displacememnt, later you might want to get a 2.2 as a 1.5 won't be able to keep up @ that point but a 1.5 will be fine with a flowzilla, it will max stock internal limitations not only giving you more boost & power limiting restriction but has a integral bypass & will probably even be cooler then a 2.2 @ that point.

Last edited:

shiz302

TOML
Established Member
Sounds like a great blower, do you really have to turn the timing down because the KB makes alot of heat?

~Ray~

Established Member
No just need a chip or unplug your 02 sensors but I'd recommend the chip as unplugging your 02 sensors you'll only get about 100 miles per tank as for the heat it's all about the air being compressed & heat it produces not what's doing it, they all create the same heat.

Last edited:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
~Ray~ said:
No just need a chip or unplug your 02 sensors but I'd recommend the chip as unplugging your 02 sensors you'll only get about 100 miles per tank as for the heat it's all about the air being compressed & heat it produces not what's doing it, they all create the same heat.

+1
You have to reduce timing on all poweradder motors unless you are running low compression

~Ray~

Established Member
Ya it all depends on your motor, I'm running more then full timing right now on mine but on a stock block you'll need to remove about 5* total timing.

Users who are viewing this thread