Any 93 Cobra's with K. Bell "Blowzilla" SC?

shiz302

TOML
Established Member
Ok, just wondering as compared to a typical S-trim, I know the dyno numbers look good. Just tryin to see the rest of the story.

~Ray~

Established Member
shiz302 said:
Ok, just wondering as compared to a typical S-trim, I know the dyno numbers look good. Just tryin to see the rest of the story.

I know centrifugals make higher hp #'s because the spin to higher rpm's, the more rpms the more boost it makes but they won't make as much power throught out the rpms & nowhere near as much torque aswell. You really don't want to exceend 6k rpm on a stock block anyways as stock blocks crack very easily from high rpm vibration.

brad65ford said:
Ray thats me! I pm ya about those parts working together? I need a mail order chip to get me running to a dynoshop?:shrug: A friend of mine has the tweeker he says its a pain in the ***

No, you can drive it normally anywhere just don't get on it whatever you do till it's tuned in, as for Tweecer being hard ya that's true if you want to get anal with it but it's simple if you just alter a few things you need to & no bugs will come up aslong as you get a meter calibrated for what injectors you have. Really the only thing you need to alter with a Tweecer & a Kenne Bell is Time @ Highload to Force Open Loop, just change that to 1 or .05 & Lower Open Loop/WOT Timing. Other then that the only other things I had to alter was idle rpm "as I have a big cam" & disabling egr "as I have no egr" since I'm using a Flowzilla.

I can help you if you want to get a Tweecer & a Wideband, it's real easy if you don't want to get technical & alter things you really do not need to, I would recommend this way as it won't cost you anymore then a dyno tune & you'll be able to fine to or retune it later without having to pay another dyno tune.

Last edited:

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
~Ray~ said:
I know centrifugals make higher hp #'s because the spin to higher rpm's, the more rpms the more boost it makes but they won't make as much power throught out the rpms & nowhere near as much torque aswell. You really don't want to exceend 6k rpm on a stock block anyways as stock blocks crack very easily from high rpm vibration.

No, you can drive it normally anywhere just don't get on it whatever you do till it's tuned in, as for Tweecer being hard ya that's true if you want to get anal with it but it's simple if you just alter a few things you need to & no bugs will come up aslong as you get a meter calibrated for what injectors you have. Really the only thing you need to alter with a Tweecer & a Kenne Bell is Time @ Highload to Force Open Loop, just change that to 1 or .05 & Lower Open Loop/WOT Timing. Other then that the only other things I had to alter was idle rpm "as I have a big cam" & disabling egr "as I have no egr" since I'm using a Flowzilla.

I can help you if you want to get a Tweecer & a Wideband, it's real easy if you don't want to get technical & alter things you really do not need to, I would recommend this way as it won't cost you anymore then a dyno tune & you'll be able to fine to or retune it later without having to pay another dyno tune.

Ray, you got me think strongly about the Tweecer. This is going to be a big project for me. I have other plans I need to do that relate to the blower, so I will think of you when I'm ordering the Tweecer. Thanks for the heads up.

dannyboy76

93 teal black cloth #2853
Established Member
this debate is very interesting... i have a strim and have been luke warm with it. been in kb cars nad love the way it comes on... fun STREET car but is by no means the topend rocket of a good strim.. now lets think.. take the best of both chargers and you have a turbo.. (which is were im going, the darkside) but if i was building a driver and fun car you cant beat the power curve of a kb.. the strim you need such a steep gear to really spool the damn thing. but it is very good as a 1/4 mile car if you keep it over 4k rpms it is a beast. so before anyone that is new to superchargers runs out and buys what they think they want, really think about how you are going to use your car... i think many more people would lean towards a kb.. but strims are very inexpensive.

fasterandfaster

Yes,
Every power adder has its place in life.
There are so many "what if" questions and answers that drive us crazy.
just base your decisions on what "YOU" are doing with the car and your budget.
Don't worry about what everyone else says. Build your own car. Someone is always faster.

brad65ford,
also consider the SCT racer package. [yes I am partial to them because I am a SCT tuner/dealer].
I have used just about every system/software out there, way back when this tuning stuff started out in the caveman days
I chose SCT because [for ford] these guys really have their act together.

Ray is correct.
Keep those stock blocks below 6k rpm.
Yes, Yes, I know there are guys out there doing it.
But what you do not see is how many more have walked the main caps and spit out cam bearings.

Vince

~Ray~

Established Member
brad65ford said:
Got a question is it ok to run a Phenolic spacer with kenne bell 2.2 or will there be to much stress?

No.. You could but you'd have to fabricate so many extra things & get a new hood, etc, etc it wouldn't be worth the extra 1 or 2hp if that. I would not do it.

jhein2580

Established Member
For those of you who run the KB blowzilla:

Can you still keep a Max. Motorsport strut tower brace? Any strut tower brace or would I need to custom fab one up to fit above or under the front of the blower?

Also does the KB fit under a stock hood for a 1993 cobra?

Thanks

~Ray~

Established Member
Dunno about brace but it does fit under stock hood, might want to remove the insulation though.

Users who are viewing this thread