Any & Every Mach 1 Modification!

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
List all the modifications in which can be done to somehow increase performance out of our Mach 1's! I need ideas on what I should do or what route I should go!

Next in line for me is Ford Racing 4.10's, Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft, and PHP Intake Spacer.

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
If you weren't in Cali, I would say Long Tubes. I mean as for the bolt on's you have almost everything covered. You could add the Meziere Electric Water Pump.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
OrangeMach23 said:
If you weren't in Cali, I would say Long Tubes. I mean as for the bolt on's you have almost everything covered. You could add the Meziere Electric Water Pump.

I could care less about smog. I got people to cover that for me. LOL

That's pretty much every bolt-on for the Mach 1? What about throttle body? Do they do anything worth getting them for?

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
An aftermarket T/B will benefit you more if you are adding a power adder or NOS. I think for the money and what you would pick up N/A you be better off spending it somewhere else just my .02. If I would have stayed N/A I would have went with some gears and long tubes.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Come on guys....

Headers (LT, or ML's)
CF DS (instead of Alum)
P/P Upper and lower INtake
Cams
Head porting/polishing
TB
Electric WP
UDs (oh wait - LOL)
Upper and Lower control Arms
Full Lgth SBFC

And I am sure I am missing something.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
That's better! And I'm not just talking about N/A. What kind of power adders are out there and which is more superior then the next?

How about... Suspension? Driveline? Transmission?

Come on, guys! :D

yankee

Established Member
Electric WP <<anyone
had a
dyno before and after.i wanna see the result.thanks

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
yankee said:
Electric WP <<anyone
had a

That's not a bad idea. I would like to know whether or not there's a good enough increase in performance to get one because they're pretty pricey.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
4 mods....

built motor from al papito(http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=63308)

full suspension from griggs(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzpDOFOvdek)

gt500 twin disc clutch and 6060 tranny

baer brakes

and your done!:D :beer: :idea: :bowdown:

LOL How much power can Al get? The link's not working for me either. And I think that I'd get Maximum Motorsports Max Grip Box setup instead of Griggs. I've heard more satisfied stories with MM. Isn't Griggs much more expensive as well?

brewcity_mach1

Established Member
if you have a blower or a turbo... there is an oval ring that mounts on the front of your intercooler... you have your nos bottle hooked up to it and sprays nos on your intercooler to get the air cooler.. ive seen it on cars, but havent seen before or after numbers off a dyno

brewcity_mach1

Established Member
black99lightnin said:
-1 on the throttlebody. I've yet to talk with anyone that has had good results. sticks, idles too high, etc.....

talked to a guy who dyno'd his mach1 with a vortech... did a before and after dyno with a dual oval t/b and said the numbers didnt change

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
black99lightnin said:
-1 on the throttlebody. I've yet to talk with anyone that has had good results. sticks, idles too high, etc.....

I love the throttle response on mine on my Terminator, but I absolutely hate the hanging idle issue and my damn Predator keeps reading that there is something wrong with my TPS (Throttle Position Switch). My service engine light won't shut off!!! :cuss:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
brewcity_mach1 said:
if you have a blower or a turbo... there is an oval ring that mounts on the front of your intercooler... you have your nos bottle hooked up to it and sprays nos on your intercooler to get the air cooler.. ive seen it on cars, but havent seen before or after numbers off a dyno

I should look into that for the Cobra! Very nice and convinient for drag racing! That's definitely a new one! :beer:

brewcity_mach1

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
I should look into that for the Cobra! Very nice and convinient for drag racing! That's definitely a new one! :beer:

to be "track legal" you need a blow by tube for the bottle that exits the car..

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
yankee said:
Electric WP <<anyone
had a

A buddy of mine did and if I remember correctly he picked up like 11 rwhp after the electric water pump install. I guess not alot of HP for over $300???

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread