Any & Every Mach 1 Modification!

alaskablkmach

Established Member
electric water pump= 10-13 hp
Nazman or roy ported intake=10-15 hp threw the rpm band and a peak of 16hp up top
roy's intake spacer= 5-17hp ( I didnt dyno but I got alot out of mine!!!)
Full exhaust (LONG TUBES-Kooks, Hooker MAC)
CAI
T?B- is ify
Mass Air-is ify
P/P heads
Cams
Rockers
Bore it .20 over
Rods
4:10's or 4:30's-IS A MUST!!!!!
My car is a freak and dynoed 281hp/311trq STOCK!!!
With my Long tubes, h-pipe, cat back, K&N Fip, and Diablo chip I got picked up 39hp and 26trq to the rear wheels. I already had my 4:10's and bottom end so Dont know if it did anything. I havent dynoed my car after the intake spacer yet but I would say a ASWOME GAIN FOR $90 I CAN FEEL IT THREW THE HOLE RPM BAND!!! BEST MOD TO DATE BY FAR!!! Putting on P/P intake this winter with other goodies!!:rockon:

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
OrangeMach23 said:
A buddy of mine did and if I remember correctly he picked up like 11 rwhp after the electric water pump install. I guess not alot of HP for over $300???

Thats actually good power for the dollar for these motors.$9 per RWHP is actually AWESOME.:burnout:

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
alaskablkmach said:
Nazman or roy ported intake=10-15 hp threw the rpm band and a peak of 16hp up top
CAI
T?B- is ify
Mass Air-is ify
P/P heads
Cams
Rockers
Bore it .20 over
Rods
With my Long tubes, h-pipe, cat back, K&N Fip, and Diablo chip I got picked up 39hp and 26trq to the rear wheels. I already had my 4:10's and bottom end so Dont know if it did anything. I havent dynoed my car after the intake spacer yet but I would say a ASWOME GAIN FOR $90 I CAN FEEL IT THREW THE HOLE RPM BAND!!! BEST MOD TO DATE BY FAR!!! Putting on P/P intake this winter with other goodies!!:rockon:

Great info man. I too found out when I got my MACH dyno'd N/A and then again after I added the ProCharger that I had a stout MACH. Tell me more about the Nazman and Roy ported intakes and spacer never heard of them before...:??:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
HotRodK said:
Thats actually good power for the dollar for these motors.$9 per RWHP is actually AWESOME.:burnout:

I think that's $27.27 per RWHP. LOL

I agree though. That's not bad at all! It's on my list!!! :rockon:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
alaskablkmach said:
CAI
T?B- is ify
Mass Air-is ify
P/P heads
Cams
Rockers
Bore it .20 over
Rods

Excellent information! I didn't know that the intake spacer and water pump made that much of a difference!!! :bowdown:

Any experience with the aluminum Driveshaft?

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Intake spacer's don't make that much HP difference....they increase that much TQ though....the great thing is the powerband....it helps all over, not just peak. (speaking of PHP spacer).

I will be installing an ALum DS shortly.

As for FI Rick...that depends on you. I wanted a KB 9psi setup, but I found my P1SC on the registry for a THIRD the cost of a KB setup.....I bought it, installed it, installed other mods for the cost of the 5 psi NON-I/C kit...but I got lucky.

Are you looking at forging the motor?...if so...I would do that (along iwth stroker, over size valves, P/P INTAKES, P/P heads), slap on a 12psi ATi, vortech, or KB.....T56 adn 4.30s......and call it a day.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
Intake spacer's don't make that much HP difference....they increase that much TQ though....the great thing is the powerband....it helps all over, not just peak. (speaking of PHP spacer).

I will be installing an ALum DS shortly.

As for FI Rick...that depends on you. I wanted a KB 9psi setup, but I found my P1SC on the registry for a THIRD the cost of a KB setup.....I bought it, installed it, installed other mods for the cost of the 5 psi NON-I/C kit...but I got lucky.

Are you looking at forging the motor?...if so...I would do that (along iwth stroker, over size valves, P/P INTAKES, P/P heads), slap on a 12psi ATi, vortech, or KB.....T56 adn 4.30s......and call it a day.

I'm not sure what route I'm going with exactly, to tell you the truth. I've kicked around the idea of keeping the Mach 1 N/A and getting a twin-screw for the Cobra, but I got to drive a 608 RWHP Whippled Cobra and scratched that idea! Too damn fast and no traction through 4th. No need for that on the street in my opinion. I'll go ported in the Cobra with all the supporting modifications and I'm still undecided on the Mach 1. I'd love to have around 400 RWHP in the Mach 1 while staying N/A. If that's a posibility, then I'm doing it! It'll probably be expensive though...

crazy04mach

Established Member
I wish I didnt get a TB for my mach.. Didnt feel anything.. it gets stuck sometimes... but it does sound cool when it's sucking air.. lol... A lot of people have done port and polish stock mach 1 throttle bodies.. .. so maybe someone should try it out..

Who has 4.10s?
How does it feel at 80mph?

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Predator04 said:
Me and my brother are building a N/A mod motor that will make 500 rwhp on 93 pump gas. Not goin to go into detail now but it has 11:1 compression/ported mach heads/custom cams/fr500 valve train/324 cubic inch big bore stroker/ fr500 dual runner intake, It is easier than you think. JE pistons/eagle crank/eagle rods/ stock 03 mach block that has been wet sleeved and obviously the 3.75 inch stroke crank for the 324 inch's. The exhaust is kooks 1 3/4 l/t's, I know alot of people think this is to big of a primary but we are spinnin this thing to 7800 rpms which is no sweat because it's n/a and billet rods with arp hardware wont even feel it. 4.10 gears and all motor daily driven x second Mach comin to a track near you!

This was taken from Predator04 at SVTSnake.com. Pretty interesting. :read:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
crazy04mach said:
I wish I didnt get a TB for my mach.. Didnt feel anything.. it gets stuck sometimes... but it does sound cool when it's sucking air.. lol... A lot of people have done port and polish stock mach 1 throttle bodies.. .. so maybe someone should try it out..

Who has 4.10s?
How does it feel at 80mph?
Well there is the problem..youh ave a BBK. those are known for sticking.

Accufab....their latest ones are good..from what I have heard.

But, I still think they are all a waste of $$

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
Yep.

But you can still get mid-upper 300s without doing through all of that.;-)

alaskablkmach

Established Member
Nazman and roy are guys who port intakes, heads etc. Check them out on Mach1Registry.com or shoot me a PM I can get you their info. The P/P intakes are like $500 if you return you old intake to them. My 4:10's are at 2,100 at 70 and I think about 2,300 at 80.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:

That is VERY interesting. :rockon:

alaskablkmach - Nice numbers on your car, both stock and modded. :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread