any good places in houston.

cheesegt

584 SS
Established Member
im looking into getting a stage 1 cam installed into my GT and also new cam springs any good shops in houston with a good price range and reliable.

cam specs crower stage 1 with crower cam springs.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Houston is a big city and you have quite a few choices so make sure you ask around to get customer's opinions....but in the end its your car so going up to the shop and speaking to the guys that you're going to be paying a couple thousand dollars to work on your car is the best way to get a feel for the shop
with that said....
Strictly Performance

cheesegt

584 SS
Established Member
ive heard quite a few stories from strictly customers. and sound that you all basically just specialize in 03-04 cobras. and lightnings

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
ive heard quite a few stories from strictly customers. and sound that you all basically just specialize in 03-04 cobras. and lightnings

no not at all. right now in the shop we have:
5 '03/'04 Cobras
2 Marauders
1 Lightning
3 GT's....one getting H/C/I/built bottom end
1 Fox body w/ KB
1 C6 Z06 getting built motor/twin turbos
2 chevy trucks getting nitrous/tune/etc
1 7sec racecar :beer:

without being bias, i'd say go to the shops before you spend over a grand and get a feel for the places/people

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
you put a bottle on yours?

i want to run you motor to motor....

Last edited:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
ok, no more hijacking this guy's thread
to the original poster: just come down to the shop and we'll get you all set up, get those cams installed and make some power!

shawn: hit me up sometime next week and we'll get a meet/fun run together
i'm locked up all weekend, brother's graduation on friday and then we've got a big race on saturday at HRP that we're runnin richard's car in

DanielB

WHPPLD
Established Member
My vote goes for PSI.

The previous owner had work done at Strictly on my car and I am disappointed to say the least. I will not be going back.

cheesegt

584 SS
Established Member
i found my place. but im guessing im going to need a tune. any good places for that/

i wanna see a race when are yall headed to hmp.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i found my place. but im guessing im going to need a tune. any good places for that/

i wanna see a race when are yall headed to hmp.

you found a place to install the cams/springs/etc but don't have a tuner yet? why won't they tune it?

and screw HMP! shit's goin down on the street or at HRP.
i don't like 1/8th mile but that whipple car is gonna need some land to be able to come around me (IF he can) after i hole-shot the hell out of him :rockon: so the 1/4 mile run should be interesting

lets see if i can get those fronts up in the air on that launch :banana:

cheesegt

584 SS
Established Member
i havent got the cams installed yet. its in the works but im going to need a tune after that the install im assuming to get the most out those cams strictly performance is like a block away from where i live so i might stop by to see how much they charge.

Users who are viewing this thread