any good places in houston.

MoToCoBrA

Established Member
you found a place to install the cams/springs/etc but don't have a tuner yet? why won't they tune it?

and screw HMP! shit's goin down on the street or at HRP.
i don't like 1/8th mile but that whipple car is gonna need some land to be able to come around me (IF he can) after i hole-shot the hell out of him :rockon: so the 1/4 mile run should be interesting

lets see if i can get those fronts up in the air on that launch :banana:

What make you think your gonna hole shot me?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
What make you think your gonna hole shot me?

couple factors.....then i got a phone call from Tommy and found out you're on 19psi so my previous statements are retracted, i was under the mindset that you only went up to 17psi
but i'm throwin around a couple possible setups so we'll see

MoToCoBrA

Established Member
couple factors.....then i got a phone call from Tommy and found out you're on 19psi so my previous statements are retracted, i was under the mindset that you only went up to 17psi
but i'm throwin around a couple possible setups so we'll see

Yea should be some good runs!!! Next Friday I'll be hitting up bay town. Let me know if you wanna meet up there.

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
i havent got the cams installed yet. its in the works but im going to need a tune after that the install im assuming to get the most out those cams strictly performance is like a block away from where i live so i might stop by to see how much they charge.

yeah i totally wouldnt go there. they are hands down the worst place to go to. ive heard nothing but great things about PSI. good luck.

QMSolutions

When fast isn't enough!
Established Member
As far as tuning goes PSI is where I send all my customers cars. They have managed to get phenomenal #'s compared to strictly. Without the threat of blowing your motor.

Last edited:

TravisM

Established Member
I have no dealings with Strictly so I can't Comment. But I have had good luck with PSI patrick treats me fair and my car works fantastic !!

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
yeah i totally wouldnt go there. they are hands down the worst place to go to. ive heard nothing but great things about PSI. good luck.

:shrug: "the worst place to go..."
please explain this one

As far as tuning goes PSI is where I send all my customers cars. They have managed to get phenomenal #'s compared to strictly. Without the threat of blowing your motor.

"phenominal numbers compared to Strictly..."
you just let me know about any eaton, eaton/spray,kenne bell, kb/spray, whipple, whipple spray, etc 03/04 cobra and i'll show you one on the exact same combo that'll out run it :beer:

LOL @ "without the threat of blowing your motor"
i've got an eaton car that has put it on twin screw and turbo 03/04 cobras and my shit's in one piece.....where'd you come up with this one?

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
please explain this one

you just let me know about any eaton, eaton/spray,kenne bell, kb/spray, whipple, whipple spray, etc 03/04 cobra and i'll show you one on the exact same combo that'll out run it :beer:

i've got an eaton car that has put it on twin screw and turbo 03/04 cobras and my shit's in one piece.....where'd you come up with this one?

customer service sucked big time. treated my friend like crap. he was told 60lb injectors couldnt be tuned needed to run a 50lb injector and run fourth gear on the freeway. it made me laugh at this "great shop" saying this. oh yeah and $75 for a belt change? i mean come on.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
I will agree with tony, His car did beat my 03 turbo vert. his car ROLLS OUT !!!

werd! :rockon:
and travis' car is no slouch on power either! and i was on a slipping 24k mile STOCK clutch racing his turbo car from a hiway roll. so go check out all the videos online of some Strictly Performance tuned 03/04 Cobras and you'll see that Richard knows what he's doing when he's tuning a car....street & track PROVEN
go search for videos of these guy's cars on youtube:
Ratt Fink
Jay Knott
JumpinJackFlash
LTHL VNM
Big Turkey
just to name a few.....

honestly tho, i'm not trying to get into an online pissing match/tug of war for a customer......all i can honestly tell you is that we do great work, treat our customers fairly, and tune cars exceptionally well with the numbers and times to prove it. just remember that anyone can make a dyno spit out whatever numbers they want.....but you can't trick the lights/time board at the race track.....where it REALLY counts

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
werd! :rockon:
and travis' car is no slouch on power either! and i was on a slipping 24k mile STOCK clutch racing his turbo car from a hiway roll. so go check out all the videos online of some Strictly Performance tuned 03/04 Cobras and you'll see that Richard knows what he's doing when he's tuning a car....street & track PROVEN
go search for videos of these guy's cars on youtube:
Ratt Fink
Jay Knott
JumpinJackFlash
LTHL VNM
Big Turkey
just to name a few.....

honestly tho, i'm not trying to get into an online pissing match/tug of war for a customer......all i can honestly tell you is that we do great work, treat our customers fairly, and tune cars exceptionally well with the numbers and times to prove it. just remember that anyone can make a dyno spit out whatever numbers they want.....but you can't trick the lights/time board at the race track.....where it REALLY counts

i agree but you also need a motor to do it with. also driveability was a major factor also.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
need a motor do what? i got a stock motor....valve covers never been off, same for wally and jack up until not too long ago and ratt fink is just a rebuild/freshen up 281.

and driveability of what? your friends car? you're leaving out so much info on something that wasnt even YOUR direct dealing with the shop so unless he chimes in i think comments like yours are very one sided.....we don't even know what kind of setup/car you're referring to

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
need a motor do what? i got a stock motor....valve covers never been off, same for wally and jack up until not too long ago and ratt fink is just a rebuild/freshen up 281.

and driveability of what? your friends car? you're leaving out so much info on something that wasnt even YOUR direct dealing with the shop so unless he chimes in i think comments like yours are very one sided.....we don't even know what kind of setup/car you're referring to

you know what i was going to respond but im going to leave it alone. i dont care about that shop i just know they treated us like shit and they will never lay a hand on any of our cars. i was there everytime he was there to get something done and they sounded like they had no clue what they were talking about.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I never had my car tuned at strictly, but they did set my 26-spline input shaft for me. Customer service was pretty good, but I take the car to HPP for my tuning needs.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Forgot to add, I'll be taking my car to them for a set of their subframe connectors, driveshaft loop, and possibly IRS diff braces.

Blitzmann

Strictly has a few new faces around the shop. Customer service is getting better. Tony and I will stick our necks out for a customer any day. We've put some new policies into place to better meet our customers wants/needs and make sure they leave the shop happy.

Feel free to give either Tony or myself (Jeramey) a call if you need anything.

cheesegt

584 SS
Established Member

how much for a tune?? ive already got a place thats going to do my cams and there price is bueno. :rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling: cant wait.
and as far as a n/a 2v with a stage 1cams how much will i be looking into putting down as in hp-tq??

QMSolutions

When fast isn't enough!
Established Member
please explain this one

1 Example: I sent an 03 cobra to Strictly for a tune. KB 2.2. When we picked it up it dynoed at 521rwhp on 21lbs. and race gas. The boost-a-pump was never even turned on. The Maf extender was not plugged in etc.... They could not even provide a/f data. they did not data log anything nor could they provide any info on how they got the #'s. The customer was to say the least, Very upset and out of over $500. So, we sent it directly to PSI from there, where Patrick sat with the customer and explained everything that he was doing and why. It left with 636rwhp with the same exact set-up. A/f was dead on and the car was safe!!!!!! That is 115hp more and safe. Now, you explain that one!!

Not trying to ruffle any feathers just going by personal expierience

Sorry Cheesegt for hijacking your thread

Last edited:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
well i'm not familiar with that entire situation (taylor's car i assume?) but we're under new management....same owners, but new management

Users who are viewing this thread