Any II owners here?

cobraii351

Roadliner rider
Established Member
I have a couple of II's. One is a Blue and white 76 Cobra II that was featured in Mustang and Fords magazine a few years back, here is a link 1976 Mustang Cobra II - Mustang & Fords Magazine . That car is now in pieces after an accident and I am in the process of putting its 351 into a black and gold 77 CobraII that I picked up from the owner of mustangii.net. I am thinking about making a drag car out of the 76. Its kind of ironic that my username here is cobraii351 and in mustangII.net it is pacific_green_SVT.

04RedfireVert

Is it Friday yet?
Established Member
Very cool to have your car in a magazine! Any clearance issues with the brake booster fitting the 351 in there? Any pics of the black and gold one?

cobraii351

Roadliner rider
Established Member
The booster clears fine but the last plug is a PITA to change. Here are some pics I took last fall.

driverfront2.jpg

driverfront1.jpg

passfront1.jpg

passfront2.jpg

reargz.jpg

99BlownVert

Established Member
Here is a friend of mines car, its a 77 I believe he bought it new and it sits like this now, its so awesome painted viper red. He drives the grey cobra every day!

166519_1392867401870_1837714994_753874_6225580_n.gif

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
My dad had a 77 Cobra. I'm the little guy in the stroller.
77cobraandfam.jpg

77cobra.jpg

This is the car that started my love of Cobras. Was traded in for a Pontiac Firebird back in 1982 when I was 4. I still remember that car though, even though I was young. The firebird was traded in in 1988 to the car that became my first car, couple of trades later it became my 04 Cobra which is going nowhere. If I ever found a Cobra II again like my dads for sale (basically like the one a few posts up) I would surely buy it. My dad would get a kick out of it.

04RedfireVert

Is it Friday yet?
Established Member
My dad had a 77 Cobra. I'm the little guy in the stroller.
77cobraandfam.jpg

77cobra.jpg

This is the car that started my love of Cobras. Was traded in for a Pontiac Firebird back in 1982 when I was 4. I still remember that car though, even though I was young. The firebird was traded in in 1988 to the car that became my first car, couple of trades later it became my 04 Cobra which is going nowhere. If I ever found a Cobra II again like my dads for sale (basically like the one a few posts up) I would surely buy it. My dad would get a kick out of it.

Cool family photo. I love that color combo! Definitely one of my favorites.

04RedfireVert

Is it Friday yet?
Established Member
Here is mine, Monroe Handler body kit is on and as of Fri it was in the both getting a fresh coat of green paint.\
primered.jpg

quarters.jpg

That's a unique look for sure! Any pics since it's been painted? And lastly, what color is that called?

amigrad06

SVT Noob!
Established Member
way way overdue for an update...car was finished the end of may, paint is a 1968 fiat green

here she is before our local road rally

rallycar.jpg

newwheels.jpg

04RedfireVert

Is it Friday yet?
Established Member
Nice! I bet it's quite the head turner with that color. How was the road rally?

amigrad06

SVT Noob!
Established Member
The rally was AMAZING, got to drive on Darlington speedway, drove the Blue Ridge Parkway, and met some very cool people. This car gets a TON of attention, the only thing really wrong is the paint on the new bodykit doesn't quite match the doors and hood. Thinking about selling to help fund a 2000 Cobra R

Users who are viewing this thread