Any input on JDM Engineering and/or L&M for engine builder near PA

Svtshelby1

My JDM 5.8 has taken a beating now with 1110rwhp and last used oil analysis was perfect as new right after that Dyno.
I wouldn’t hesitate to have them build another.
There’s also Keith Rhea at Wonder Racing currently building a friends 5.8 near Pittsburgh.
-J
On your 5.8 do you have their 1200hp manley Hbeam rods in it?

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Alejandro "Alex" Flores on YouTube is currently dealing with a questionable 5.8L engine re-build from Wonder Racing. Do your own research.

JDM Engineering is still my shop of choice for reasons previously cited in linked thread above.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
On your 5.8 do you have their 1200hp manley Hbeam rods in it?

It goes back a few years but I’m 90% it’s H-beams and I believe it’s Manley.
Never had a hiccup from my JDM 5.8
-J

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Alejandro "Alex" Flores on YouTube is currently dealing with a questionable 5.8L engine re-build from Wonder Racing. Do your own research.

JDM Engineering is still my shop of choice for reasons previously cited in linked thread above.

I would not base my choices off of his experience(s).

Outtie belly-buttons will now be referred to as “belly weenies”.

HKusp

Established Member
I have a very good machine shop in Rockville, Md. I had do my Coyote build. I used Manley pistons and H-tuff rods, ARP main hardware and Clevite bearing they did the head work balanced the assembly and built the short block. I can give you his info if you want to deal with an operation where you can call the guy who is actually doing/ supervising the work, and will give advice as well as listen to want you are trying to do and work with you on your goals.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
agreed but I've seen enough other threads/posts about the same shop to say its plausible

I have not. Though, I will trust you over someone I feel brings shit upon himself at this point.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member

That shit going on with his 5.8 is crazy, I know there's always 2 sides to every story. But why the hell would you not automatically put new valve springs in a race engine, If I had to pull my engine tomorrow for some reason and take the cams out I would replace my pac valve springs. Wonder Racing has been quite for all this. Definitely looks bad for him.

HKusp

Established Member
I had new valves, springs, guides, locators, etc. When I did my Coyote, and it had only been boosted for 2k miles and only had 47k miles total on it. He's kinda stupid about a lot of stuff in my opinion.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I had new valves, springs, guides, locators, etc. When I did my Coyote, and it had only been boosted for 2k miles and only had 47k miles total on it. He's kinda stupid about a lot of stuff in my opinion.
He seemed very knowledgeable when he did the teardown video on Alex's 5.8.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
That shit going on with his 5.8 is crazy, I know there's always 2 sides to every story. But why the hell would you not automatically put new valve springs in a race engine, If I had to pull my engine tomorrow for some reason and take the cams out I would replace my pac valve springs. Wonder Racing has been quite for all this. Definitely looks bad for him.

If I remember correctly Alex said many times that he didn’t want the heads touched if everything checked out which I believe he said the springs checked out.

I am not exonerating WR but I think both parties are absolutely to blame. Alex kept whining about how long things were taking. He has really started to seem like a prima-donna and I personally would not work with him if I owned a shop.

He made mention about how failure videos do better on YouTube because people love watching carnage. I feel like he is pressuring people to rush so he can monetize the potential failures. He is ignoring people with May more experience than he has if they don’t say what he wants to hear.

He has become what he has made fun of and criticized.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
If I remember correctly Alex said many times that he didn’t want the heads touched if everything checked out which I believe he said the springs checked out.

I am not exonerating WR but I think both parties are absolutely to blame. Alex kept whining about how long things were taking. He has really started to seem like a prima-donna and I personally would not work with him if I owned a shop.

He made mention about how failure videos do better on YouTube because people love watching carnage. I feel like he is pressuring people to rush so he can monetize the potential failures. He is ignoring people with May more experience than he has if they don’t say what he wants to hear.

He has become what he has made fun of and criticized.

I don't watch much of Alex's stuff, other than the GT500 content. Now that you mention it, I remember him saying something about not messing with the heads, which was stupid on his part IMO.

Like you said, I think both parties are at fault on this one, Wonder Racing maybe should have pushed him to redo the heads, especially with an engine that has been beat to hell it's whole life.

From what Alex said, Lund Sr will be helping him reassemble the engine, so that should be cool to watch.
were talking about the yolodouchebag guy right? his shit got old a long time ago
Yes, Alex aka yolodouchebag.

HKusp

Established Member
He seemed very knowledgeable when he did the teardown video on Alex's 5.8.
There are LOTS of people who have knowledge. They just lack the wisdom to properly APPLY that knowledge. We all have fallen into that category from time to time, but we don't go on social media platforms asserting our purported superiority over others for not applying knowledge, and then do something stupid the very next chance we get.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Like you said, I think both parties are at fault on this one, Wonder Racing maybe should have pushed him to redo the heads, especially with an engine that has been beat to hell it's whole life.

The whole thing about timeline when he sent his shit off to WR is when I started to get really tired of him. It started to click that this is his go to a lot with shops along with his chest thumping about being an “influencer with money to spend”. I cannot help but feel that others saw what Keith initially did not. While Keith should not have let himself be forced to another’s timeline I just had a feeling this would not end well. I would have sent the stuff back, cut my monetary losses and washed my hands of it.

But at least Alex has whatever shop telling him what he wants to hear so he can play victim.

The Lunds seem like very smart and knowledgeable people so he will get a lot of help there.

I hope he gets it the way he wants. I do not think he is solely to blame. I think both parties share blame. But the whole situation just turned me off of watching him. Just too much whining for my taste.

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
There are LOTS of people who have knowledge. They just lack the wisdom to properly APPLY that knowledge. We all have fallen into that category from time to time, but we don't go on social media platforms asserting our purported superiority over others for not applying knowledge, and then do something stupid the very next chance we get.
You hit the nail on the head, lots of people are somewhat smart and have decent knowledge, but they might not be the best at applying it. And social media has made things worse with giving them a voice when they probably should have just kept their mouth shut.
The whole thing about timeline when he sent his shit off to WR is when I started to get really tired of him. It started to click that this is his go to a lot with shops along with his chest thumping about being an “influencer with money to spend”. I cannot help but feel that others saw what Keith initially did not. While Keith should not have let himself be forced to another’s timeline I just had a feeling this would not end well. I would have sent the stuff back, cut my monetary losses and washed my hands of it.

But at least Alex has whatever shop telling him what he wants to hear so he can play victim.

The Lunds seem like very smart and knowledgeable people so he will get a lot of help there.

I hope he gets it the way he wants. I do not think he is solely to blame. I think both parties share blame. But the whole situation just turned me off of watching him. Just too much whining for my taste.

Keith probably should have turned the job away, but i don't think he thought it was going to turn into such a nightmare.

Lund Sr had his personal 5.8 built by L&M and it makes 1300whp, I wonder why Alex didn't go with them to build his engine? They might have told him it will take longer than he wanted it to...who knows.

Either way Alex is lucky he works for Lund racing and he has their support, I'm sure Lund Sr will help him get everything right.

I would like see his GT500 at its full potential, maybe one day.

robvas

Established Member
I don't mind some of his videos, he offers some decent, no bullshit advice on some topics. But some shit I definitely don't agree with him about.

And he's had terrible videos lately, picked a fight with Britneyautomotive, won't shut the **** up about filing cam keys...

Users who are viewing this thread