Any mustang I want!.... with a high price.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
why would you ever cut your leg off because of arthritis? That is absolutely insane and doubt you will find a doctor in the U.S. to even do it, it makes no sense. Just an idea but having your leg cut off and all those tendons, bone, and nerve endings may hurt. Those nerve endings are then very sensitive, hell just having my ACL done a few times it still hurts like a bitch on cold days or if I hit a certain spot on my knee where there is permanent scar tissue and numbness, although the numbness has gotten better over the last 8 years.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
ConfusedMan.jpg

In eight years on svtperformance this is as close to a negative post as i have ever seen bob make Lol!

Steve@BAS

Established Member
funny,

i made a similar deal with my wife (seriously)---minus the vasectomy and bad knee. i have a GT500 on order, and we're still talking about having the 4th kid. i'm happy with 3, my wife is wanting to have a 4th badly. i know i'll never regret having another kid, so i gave in--ha ha.

as far as the knee goes, get it replaced (not amputated). you will NOT, i repeat NOT be able to run on an above-the-knee amputation---despite everything you see on tv/etc. there's a HUGE difference between a 21 year old serviceman losing his leg in combat and being able to run, verses a 40-60 year old trying to do the same thing. if you were to get a below-the-knee amputation done, guess what?? the knee joint still has arthritis and would likely need to be replaced to relieve pain. that doesn't factor in the psychological trauma of amputating a body part, public perception of amputees (still, in this day and age), the huge cost of prostheses, dealing with stump pain, and the very real problem of disabling phantom limb pain.

i've had to amputate several legs in my career for various reasons but would NEVER consider it so that someone could avoid the fact that they would not be able to run on a knee replacement.

i do knee replacements for a living and will tell you straight-up, to give up running. get the knee replaced, and move on with enjoying your life. pick up cycling/swimming as a sport. much, much easier on the knees and you can do that as much as you want with your new knee. if you haven't tried cortisone injections, or synvisc injections, try them--you might be able to buy a few more years of running, if that is truly your passion. some people can run on knee replacements, but you will dramatically decrease the life of the knee by doing that. let me know when you're ready for a new knee--i know the best knee surgeon in tampa--worth the drive for you.

edit----just saw the part where you're 37. i'd definitely get a second opinion on the necessity of a knee replacement. i've replaced several knees in people in their 30's, but that is by far, not the norm. you might be a candidate for a partial knee replacement, a meniscal transplant, or an osteotomy. i'd make this knee that you have last as long as possible. pm me a picture of your xrays if you have them

kirk

This!! Nice to see good board members willing to give real help here!

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Of the 3 ideas you have, only 1 of them s a good one.

You have kids...don't have any more. Kids cost a lot of money and there are already too many people in this country/world.

You have a semi-functional knee. Lots of people would love to have that. Fix up your knee as best as you can and take up whatever activity it can withstand.

Buy a 2013 GT500 anyway.

Any more questions?

Last edited:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Of the 3 ideas you have, only 1 of them s a good one.

You have kids...don't have any more. Kids cost a lot of money and there are already too many people in this country/world.

You have a semi-functional knee. Lots of people would love to have that. Fix up your knee as best as you can and take up whatever activity it can withstand.

Buy a 2013 GT500 anyway.

Any more questions?

Yes I have a question. If he can afford a major elective surgery as well as any new mustang he wants, he and his wife can obviously afford another child. So my question is who the hell are you to tell a financially stable married couple not to have another child? That decision is above your pay grade.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Yes I have a question. If he can afford a major elective surgery as well as any new mustang he wants, he and his wife can obviously afford another child. So my question is who the hell are you to tell a financially stable married couple not to have another child? That decision is above your pay grade.

Sarcasm flies slightly higher than the top of your head.

They are entitled to have more children and it even sounds as if they are willing and capable of raising more.

I was serious about the knee and GT500 though.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
LOL! Yes This thread was RUM induced. I forgot I posted it until a lil bit ago. Yes....My Arthritis is bad! But not that bad!

I guess I was having a convo with the wife and bitching about my knee and yelling I want a new 2013 5.0 and she said " I want another baby....So cut off your ****ing leg!....Give me another, and buy whatever car you want" Now of course the Rum had me interpret all that differently.

Sorry for any confusion. I am impressed I typed so well.

Here is a wife pic to satisfy the pic or GTFO crowd.

DSC00769.jpg

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
lol baby momma told me the same thing, i told her "yeah and i want another Cobra", she replied with a smile, 'well you're going to get one after deployment right?" hahaha i was like damn

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
+1 for hair pie, -1 for raising kids. Although I can't talk too much shit, seeing as how I want to have a kid.

boatcop1

Established Member
LOL! Yes This thread was RUM induced. I forgot I posted it until a lil bit ago. Yes....My Arthritis is bad! But not that bad!

I guess I was having a convo with the wife and bitching about my knee and yelling I want a new 2013 5.0 and she said " I want another baby....So cut off your ****ing leg!....Give me another, and buy whatever car you want" Now of course the Rum had me interpret all that differently.

Sorry for any confusion. I am impressed I typed so well.

Here is a wife pic to satisfy the pic or GTFO crowd.

DSC00769.jpg

Haha I win!

Takes a Coastie to know a Coastie!

Good luck with the knee and car!

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Thanks Kirk. Wondering if you know Dr. Michael Smith at Tamba Bay Ortho. He did My most recent surgery. Two back to back from him within 4 months. Very frustrating.

don't know him, or anyone else in his group. seems like there's two others in the group who are better-suited to take car of knee arthritis. the 3 guys i worked with are ken gustke (designed the knee replacement i use currently), tom bernasek (designed another knee replacement), and steve lyons. they all work at the florida orthopedic institute in tampa. ken and tom have done well over 20,000 joint replacements, and steve likely over 10,000. they are literally the best in the area--period. i also worked with george haidukeywych in orlando (he was in tampa when i was there)---also, and incredible surgeon.

time for a second opinion.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
don't know him, or anyone else in his group. seems like there's two others in the group who are better-suited to take car of knee arthritis. the 3 guys i worked with are ken gustke (designed the knee replacement i use currently), tom bernasek (designed another knee replacement), and steve lyons. they all work at the florida orthopedic institute in tampa. ken and tom have done well over 20,000 joint replacements, and steve likely over 10,000. they are literally the best in the area--period. i also worked with george haidukeywych in orlando (he was in tampa when i was there)---also, and incredible surgeon.

time for a second opinion.

I think so. Thanks for direction. Im going to get this process started again.:dancenana:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ha, ha! Thanks for clearing everything up. Now we understand. Very beautiful wife, too. I do hope your knee issue gets better and that you one day get your '13 5.0 Mustang. :)

Users who are viewing this thread