Any new info on the 2.9l whipple installed on a 11-14?

Robbie Ellis

Established Member
This sounds really good. this will be a real competitor breaking 600whp while being conservative. stage 3 with full exhaust probably lay down high 600s to the wheel and still be safe. crazy to think when people turn it up more. be options for higher psi im sure.

Yeah the kit is really impressive. Trust me when I say they have spent so much time making sure this kit is right. I'll be picking the car up tomorrow, and once I install the exhaust, Ill be curious to see what the car puts down. It will still be a little bit before I get some track times with it as I have a few things I need to address before I try to send this much power down the track.

Angry50

Established Member
Yeah the kit is really impressive. Trust me when I say they have spent so much time making sure this kit is right. I'll be picking the car up tomorrow, and once I install the exhaust, Ill be curious to see what the car puts down. It will still be a little bit before I get some track times with it as I have a few things I need to address before I try to send this much power down the track.

ya this is high up on my list. i dont suppose we know if there is any heat soak?

101blur

Established Member
thats awesome man I need boost LOL I see that you still get to rev it up too. 7200rpm range thats sweet

Robbie Ellis

Established Member
ya this is high up on my list. i dont suppose we know if there is any heat soak?

Im not 100% sure on that, they would probably have a better answer then I would. I do know they installed their massive heat exchanger with twin fans so if there was heat soak, I imagine it wasn't much. The stage 1 tune from what I understand put those numbers down after a handful of pulls with 88 degree outside temperatures, so pretty damn good. Here are some shots of the heat exchanger and the fans:

GLZiZsB.jpg

o8qoCeD.jpg

phfelts

Established Member
I was set on a TVS...but after seeing those numbers I might have to reconsider again. That being said, I kinda wish they would do another 10% off sale. :rolling:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The new 2.9l kits are no joke. We got excellent results with one on our 2015 and the gains on the 11-14 are just as impressive.

If you guys are looking to order one up definitely give us a call. We're Whipples largest US distributor and are here to assist you. We'll definitely make it worth your while.

Make sure to mention you're an SVTPerformance member when calling.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks,
Jared

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
If I could get one in deep impact blue... my wallet might spontaneously combust.
Being a former lightning owner It seemed always that the Whipple was a mythical creature that would supposedly show up in 2 weeks... When they finally came out with the 2.3 and later the 3.4 it was awesome. I never did more than port the Eaton in the L. I have money, I miss boost and the coyote needs to be force feed.

Rex Racer

Established Member
So, I am going to ask, is this safe for long term reliability for a street driven car?

I am looking at a Roush TVS package from Brenspeed. The early discussions I had with them dealt with the "power wars" of companies putting more and more power to the rear wheels, so Brenspeed feels comfortable with limiting the TQ to 520, while offering a up to 710 HP on a stock motor.

The cost is getting steep as well; although, the gloss yellow is beautiful.

Robbie Ellis

Established Member
Well, so far it has been a total blast to drive. As for the reliability of this on a daily, only time will tell. I have already put about 1,000 miles on it since I picked it up, and no issues whatsoever. The drivability of this kit is incredible. When you are just driving around normally, the only way you can tell its even supercharged is the very light "whistle" you get from the rotors. You can barely hear it. With your foot out of the throttle, this literally drives no different than a stock car would. I had a coworker ride with me to lunch one day, and he didn't even know it was supercharged. The only reason he found out was because he was asking why my fans were so loud. The dual electric fans on the heat exchanger are fairly loud, but again, its not a huge deal. So I was explaining to him what they were for and he had no idea how much power it had. So I showed him on the way back to work.

As for reliability, it also comes down to how you drive the car. If you are constantly beating the shit out of it on the street, you're going to increase the wear and tear on the car. Blown or not blown. I wouldn't stray away from this kit at all if you are considering it, and are concerned about daily driving your car. I daily mine, and have no issues at all. Even the gas mileage. I mean, sure, the gas mileage isn't as good as it was before, but surprisingly isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Besides, let's be honest, if you are driving a GT, and are considering a supercharger, gas mileage isn't at the top of your list of concerns.

Whipple has done an incredible job with this kit. From its ability to drive around like a stock car when out of the throttle, to making a serious amount of power when you mash the pedal, this kit is definitely worth looking into. For what its worth, I am still running the stock DS as well as the stock clutch. Granted, the DS will be getting swapped out soon, but for the clutch, I'm going to ride it out for a while to see how it does. Also, this is all on a stock block. I think its worth noting that my car is primarily a street car, but I do plan to take it to some track events as well. I think the stock block should have no problem holding up to this for a while. I meticulously maintain my car as well, which will play a big role in how long the stock bottom end decides to handle this much power, along with how hard and how often I beat on the car. So far, everything has been totally fine, and I wouldn't say I am exactly easy on it.

Rex Racer

Established Member
Well, so far it has been a total blast to drive. As for the reliability of this on a daily, only time will tell. I have already put about 1,000 miles on it since I picked it up, and no issues whatsoever. The drivability of this kit is incredible. When you are just driving around normally, the only way you can tell its even supercharged is the very light "whistle" you get from the rotors. You can barely hear it. With your foot out of the throttle, this literally drives no different than a stock car would. I had a coworker ride with me to lunch one day, and he didn't even know it was supercharged. The only reason he found out was because he was asking why my fans were so loud. The dual electric fans on the heat exchanger are fairly loud, but again, its not a huge deal. So I was explaining to him what they were for and he had no idea how much power it had. So I showed him on the way back to work.

As for reliability, it also comes down to how you drive the car. If you are constantly beating the shit out of it on the street, you're going to increase the wear and tear on the car. Blown or not blown. I wouldn't stray away from this kit at all if you are considering it, and are concerned about daily driving your car. I daily mine, and have no issues at all. Even the gas mileage. I mean, sure, the gas mileage isn't as good as it was before, but surprisingly isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Besides, let's be honest, if you are driving a GT, and are considering a supercharger, gas mileage isn't at the top of your list of concerns.

Whipple has done an incredible job with this kit. From its ability to drive around like a stock car when out of the throttle, to making a serious amount of power when you mash the pedal, this kit is definitely worth looking into. For what its worth, I am still running the stock DS as well as the stock clutch. Granted, the DS will be getting swapped out soon, but for the clutch, I'm going to ride it out for a while to see how it does. Also, this is all on a stock block. I think its worth noting that my car is primarily a street car, but I do plan to take it to some track events as well. I think the stock block should have no problem holding up to this for a while. I meticulously maintain my car as well, which will play a big role in how long the stock bottom end decides to handle this much power, along with how hard and how often I beat on the car. So far, everything has been totally fine, and I wouldn't say I am exactly easy on it.

It sounds like you have similar driving habits as me, that is good to know: mostly street, some track.

My only concern is long term reliability. I understand the difference between banging the shit out of something (heavy track use, consecutive runs on the drag strip) vs. spirited weekend driving. I always ask about long term reliability and 1000 miles is not what I have in mind. One day I hope to find someone who has 100k miles and says, "yep, nothing major!"

The other thing about reliability is that I want to minimize "modification creep." Install the blower, upgrade cooling and done. I rather not have to do rods/pistons on my stock GT with extra power. This is why I ask what power is safe.

I am surprised that it has no whine. It looks like a good system, but close to $8k before install is getting steep.

But it is good news to hear that if you are not mashing the throttle around town then you feel no difference. I have been flip flopping between a turbo, certri, or TVS style for 6 months now.

And gas milelage? HAHAHAHA.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
It sounds like you have similar driving habits as me, that is good to know: mostly street, some track.

My only concern is long term reliability. I understand the difference between banging the shit out of something (heavy track use, consecutive runs on the drag strip) vs. spirited weekend driving. I always ask about long term reliability and 1000 miles is not what I have in mind. One day I hope to find someone who has 100k miles and says, "yep, nothing major!"

The other thing about reliability is that I want to minimize "modification creep." Install the blower, upgrade cooling and done. I rather not have to do rods/pistons on my stock GT with extra power. This is why I ask what power is safe.

I am surprised that it has no whine. It looks like a good system, but close to $8k before install is getting steep.

But it is good news to hear that if you are not mashing the throttle around town then you feel no difference. I have been flip flopping between a turbo, certri, or TVS style for 6 months now.

And gas milelage? HAHAHAHA.

Did you not watch the dyno video? It most definitely seems like it has more whine than a Roush/VMP TVS. My VMP doesn't even whine anywhere near as this does.... Which I am kind of jealous of.

Users who are viewing this thread