any private owner 2015 GT 1/4 times

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
So far don't recall seeing any posted in the timeslip or video sections, could be wrong. Curious what people are running with them.

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
That's not bone stock.

Bone stock mean exactly the way it was delivered to the dealer, no exceptions. Otherwise, it's modded ...

Turbosixx

Established Member
That's not bone stock.

Bone stock mean exactly the way it was delivered to the dealer, no exceptions. Otherwise, it's modded ...

My friend baselines every vehicle. I assure you, it's factory stock. It's an auto with 3.55's, premium GT with 20's. This was done at No Problem Raceway last month.
then feel free to tell us what's been done to it

Yeah huh?? WTF?

I have the same car but with 3.15's an it feels every bit as fast as a mid 12 sec car.

BMR Tech

Mine went 12.6@112. Everything was stock, but some weight removed and a DR. Base auto, about 50 lbs lighter than stock.

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
then feel free to tell us what's been done to it

My friend baselines every vehicle. I assure you, it's factory stock. It's an auto with 3.55's, premium GT with 20's. This was done at No Problem Raceway last month.

Yeah huh?? WTF?

I have the same car but with 3.15's an it feels every bit as fast as a mid 12 sec car.

Mine went 12.6@112. Everything was stock, but some weight removed and a DR. Base auto, about 50 lbs lighter than stock.

Sorry, basic logic and 15 years experience at the drags taught me cars don't run 1/2 sec faster than every professionally published test and are "bone stock". I saw cars at the strip that people called "bone stock" that had slicks, gutted interiors, dropped exhausts, etc., etc., etc.

It seems what many people mean by "bone stock" today is that the engine hasn't been touched, and that's it. That's why I always refine the statement by saying "was it 100% bumper-to-bumper bone stock" or "the way it was delivered to the dealer".

nicksender

Established Member
Sorry, basic logic and 15 years experience at the drags taught me cars don't run 1/2 sec faster than every professionally published test and are "bone stock". I saw cars at the strip that people called "bone stock" that had slicks, gutted interiors, dropped exhausts, etc., etc., etc.

It seems what many people mean by "bone stock" today is that the engine hasn't been touched, and that's it. That's why I always refine the statement by saying "was it 100% bumper-to-bumper bone stock" or "the way it was delivered to the dealer".

I agree with the above. The definition of "bone stock" has definitely been stretched into something else altogether.

I would like to see private owners post time slips of cars that are exactly as they rolled off the assembly line to show a baseline for the car. That would be a good comparison to the published magazine #'s.

While I appreciate everyone's effort to see how far they can take the car for the least amount of money I would prefer to see cars that are untouched in any way including sticky tires or any weight reduction.

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
Wheel hopped my way into the 12s with full weight and stock everything
base 3.55s 6 speed car

BurnTire

Established Member
Professionally Published tests on a non prepped track with magazine driver. Hardly scientific. Track prep, density altitude and driver could easily =.5

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Pretty much this.

Everyone loves to throw around that "bone stock, plus some slicks and weight reduction, but other than that BONE STOCK!".

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Wtf?

Why is everyone having such a tough time believing this? The customers are ALWAYS faster than the magazines. My 2012 had lower control arms, a full tank of fuel, my suitcase and a stroller in the trunk and I went a 12.7@112 in a DA of 3418, with a 2.1' due to having less than 2/32s on the stock rubber. And before anyone says anything about the LCA's I actually lost .06 in the quarter after installing them, I imagine it was due to DA, they only helped settle the rear between shifts and burnouts on the street.

The magazines went with brand new S197s..

Motortrend went a 12.8 @ 110
Car and Driver went a 13.2 @ 109
Edmunds went 13.0 @ 110

This happens with literally every car. Look at the fastest Camaro list vs what the magazines run, same thing with the SRT8 Challengers.

REDS197

Established Member
Whose car? Caddie went 12.20 @ 119.2 stock down to air pressure, 72 degrees. Just need to see what I have to do to stay ahead of them.

How many stock Mustangs do you ever see when you are at the track or out looking for trouble. If you lose do you say I am stock. S550> CTSV

Users who are viewing this thread