any private owner 2015 GT 1/4 times

BurnTire

Established Member
How many stock Mustangs do you ever see when you are at the track or out looking for trouble. If you lose do you say I am stock. S550> CTSV
I had stock paint on my 9 second cobra that's why I won so much. :thumbsup: Stock and Drag Racing go together as good as oil and water.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
How many stock Mustangs do you ever see when you are at the track or out looking for trouble. If you lose do you say I am stock. S550> CTSV

you're smoking crack if you think an S550 is better than a CTSV. Turbosixx is a friend of mine. I know he hasn't brought his to the track yet. I bring all my cars to the track stock. CTS went 12.20 stock. My 12 GT500 went 12.0 stock. When I had my 09 GT500 it went 12.16 stock. My 04 Cobra went 12.62 stock. Just like to see where the 15's line up against other stock cars. Now the CTSV isn't staying stock. Got to finish the GT500 first, then the mods start on the caddie. Even the explorer is tuned with a 3bar map.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
That's Don's car. I'm going to try to get to the track before I put the tvs on.

Gotcha. Pretty respectable times. What power adder is he going with? Let me know next time you go out. I'm bringing ice next time to see if I can get the Caddie into the 11's.

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
35 years driving/racing cars, and nothing's really changed.

The term "bone stock" has come to mean literally anything & everything under the sun. The only people I've seen stretch the truth more than drag racers are fisherman:

"It was THIS big!"
"It's BONE stock!"

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Why? Is the CTS-V better because it is more expensive?

No, its better because it is far more luxurious. It has a better suspension. It has a far superior power train. It is better because it gives you more performance. It carries more "pedigree" / exclusivity factor. It has better resale value.

Why was this ever in question again? Lol..

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Why? Is the CTS-V better because it is more expensive?

There's a reason the GT350 is getting the magnetic ride suspension. And I didn't make the comparison about which car was better. I was trolled....

But that wasn't the point of this thread. I was looking to see what people are running since no one has been posting times. In the GT500 section we have a quickest list. In the coyote section ditto.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
No, its better because it is far more luxurious. It has a better suspension. It has a far superior power train. It is better because it gives you more performance. It carries more "pedigree" / exclusivity factor. It has better resale value.

Why was this ever in question again? Lol..

It's kinda funny because the two really aren't in the same class but for the price you can't deny that you get a lot of car from the Mustang. It really is getting to the point where it's knocking on the performance times of the higher end cars for half the price. While receiving praise for it's interior, refinement and ride. Which is awesome for us car enthusiasts.

It will obviously out-leg the mustang by a good amount but if you look at the track times of the CTS-V, it's slower around a lot of tracks than the boss 302, which we know now that the S550 is a few seconds quicker than that car. It might not be faster with the same driver on the same day but it's obviously competitive in that aspect. Motortrend knocked the interior of the CTS-V while adoring it in the Mustang as well. That could be a price driven statement considering the CTS-V starts at $65k, maybe they wanted better interior for that much money. I used Motortrend because they seem to be the most aggressive towards the Mustang in terms of reviews but from the few reviews I could find it seemed to be pretty consistent when concerning the interior.

I looked at resale according to Motortrend, average sale prices of used cars and it looks like they hold their value fairly well. You can expect a 33% hit on value the first year and over 3 years it's only 46% which is about 5% better than what you get out of the big Germans. Obviously you can't compare that to the current Mustang because of it's massive design change but I would imagine it's close to the same. The only difference is if you ignore the % and look at the actual dollars lost, you lost almost the cost of the Mustang in 3 years.

Without a doubt it's more exclusive and has much better suspension tech, it turns pretty well for having Charger weight.

Sorry I went balls deep right there, your statement had piqued my interest so I poked around. I do think the CTS-V is the greatest 4 door offering from America, I would rather one one over a charger hellcat. I think the ATS-V will be the coolest 4 door next though. I wish Lincoln would get their shit together and go play as well.

Van@RevanRacing

Ran a 12.505 @ 113 with a JLT CAI and tune from Jon Lund on my 2015 Auto Premium. Other than those mods it was BONE STOCK. LOL

The driver could use some practice big time. There is a lot more in the car. I looked up, the light was green and I went from the brake to the gas pedal and mashed it. Had a 2.0 sixty foot. That was my first pass and my first run at the drag strip in nearly eight years.

Only wheel hopped one run out of the four. I was surprised at how well the Pirelli P-Zero's hooked up and I did nothing with tire pressure and only got one marginal burnout on a 12.6 pass. The burnout only happened after I removed # 62 fuse position and disabled traction control and advance trac.

The 12.505 was with advance trac on and traction control disabled.

REDS197

Established Member
There's a reason the GT350 is getting the magnetic ride suspension. And I didn't make the comparison about which car was better. I was trolled.....QUOTE]

You have the ctsv is greater than a mustang in your signature while posting in a 2015 mustang thread.

Who is the troll??

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Sorry, basic logic and 15 years experience at the drags taught me cars don't run 1/2 sec faster than every professionally published test and are "bone stock". I saw cars at the strip that people called "bone stock" that had slicks, gutted interiors, dropped exhausts, etc., etc., etc.

It seems what many people mean by "bone stock" today is that the engine hasn't been touched, and that's it. That's why I always refine the statement by saying "was it 100% bumper-to-bumper bone stock" or "the way it was delivered to the dealer".

yep agreed!!

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
There's a reason the GT350 is getting the magnetic ride suspension. And I didn't make the comparison about which car was better. I was trolled.....QUOTE]

You have the ctsv is greater than a mustang in your signature while posting in a 2015 mustang thread.

Who is the troll??

CTSV > GT500, not mustang or S550. Since I CURRENTLY own both a 2012 GT500 and a 2013 CTSV, and have actually driven both, I believe I can make that assertion. Once you own both a CTSV and a S550 then you can make your own assertion. Until then, you're just making uninformed speculation!?

so yes you're either trolling me or illiterate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread