Any Questions for Jamal and the Ford Performance Engineers?

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
Wow, thanks for the opportunity, this site has always been my resource for a reason for all these years.

I would like to know if an owner has any way to access the Magnaride settings for the purpose of us choosing which tire to put on the car? I mean, I fully appreciate very much that the car is set up for those specific skins, but...reading this...

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2016-shelby-gt350-mustang-tires-to-be-available-from-june-15-video-photo-gallery-93828.html

...the tires are going to cost me about $500 each for the base car. For the R, Pilot Sport Cup 2 + this car specific tuning means no doubt more,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/325-30ZR19-325-30-19-Michelin-Pilot-Sport-Cup-N2-Brand-New-Tires-2-/151707092638

and is starting to make me wonder about the costs of owning this car. Carbon front splitter. Wanted, but...with X+thousand$ a year for tires, real world costs of carbon wheels, and a lot of synthetic fluids...I want to drive the thing, but I need to know that it won't be a sinkhole.

I would also like to know if the charge motion control plates are specific to this engine, and if not, what is unique?

Thanks, and Sid? Even though I am jealous of your special place in the Fordverse, you have my undivided attention.

Oh yea, about the Liquid Blue thing. I get that multi stage paint is not for production, but to not offer a green, well...that sucks. hint hint. More SVT badging please.

I will have this car, and that is that. It won't be for at least a year, so I'll just keep staring at my background of the Guard proto, and making plans...heh heh.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Billet oil pump gears or PM? Any more info on oil control under the windage tray for all the Gforce in every direction?

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Established Member
What is the firing order.
Was any testing done at 5.0L stroke.
Was any short runner intake testing done.

cluscher

Established Member
Great question alluded to earlier. Will a shorter tire, ie a 305/30/19 impact the suspension tuning in a negative way at all. Not many tire options out there in a 305/35.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Why did Ford set to have packages vs free standing options? There are things from the Tech pack I would like (nav & sync 3) along with keeping the recaro seating, additional cooling, and raised spoiler from the track pack. I have seen many people make this comment.

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
Why did Ford set to have packages vs free standing options? There are things from the Tech pack I would like (nav & sync 3) along with keeping the recaro seating, additional cooling, and raised spoiler from the track pack. I have seen many people make this comment.
It was called "Ford 2000" and it started in the late 90's. Seriously - when's the last time you saw a "pick list" of options on a Ford???

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
A few of the questions that have been asked are off the table for now, but I'll compile a list with some of the others.

Billet oil pump gears or PM? Any more info on oil control under the windage tray for all the Gforce in every direction?

Gears are PM. What do you want to know about the tray specifically?

It is cheaper for Ford to offer fewer options. Simple as that.

Ubergeist

Established Member
Do they know if they will offer x-plan?

Does it come with the line lock? (More of a curiosity)

Does it plan any a-la-carte options for next year? Would actually like a base with the MR.

Lastly, will ford performance support the addition of a supercharger kit like the GT?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

Does it come with the line lock? (More of a curiosity)

Does it plan any a-la-carte options for next year? Would actually like a base with the MR.

Lastly, will ford performance support the addition of a supercharger kit like the GT?

X-plan on the special vehicles is always left up to the dealer to honor it or not, so odds are no.

It's unlikely Ford will offer any individual options. From what I have seen 2016 will be identical to 2015 in every way except for the 2015 vin.

Again just speculation on my part, but there is probably zero chance Ford will offer a supercharger kit for the 5.2 FPC. The engine was left NA to avoid heat soak while road racing. Adding a supercharger has the potential to hurt it on the road course depending on how bad the heat soak gets (just look at the new z06).

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
I don't know with certainty that the dealership has any sort of "right of refusal" - but I was told pointedly by several that no "plans" would be honored for the 350 or 350R
At 12:1 static CR I don't know that there's a lot of point to a blower.

Last edited:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Travis,

Can you ask them if and what changes they made to the CTA variable cam timing in order to deal with the higher rpm of the 5.2?

Also, was a fluid-filled damper ever a consideration to deal with the harmonics?

And lastly, are the powdered metal rods any different in material composition and/or manufacturing process versus the most recent SVT Mustang engine's (Trinity) pm rods?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Travis,

Can you ask them if and what changes they made to the CTA variable cam timing in order to deal with the higher rpm of the 5.2?

Also, was a fluid-filled damper ever a consideration to deal with the harmonics?

And lastly, are the powdered metal rods any different in material composition and/or manufacturing process versus the most recent SVT Mustang engine's (Trinity) pm rods?

I believe this post might answer your last question.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...odoo-Child&p=14883426&viewfull=1#post14883426

Users who are viewing this thread