Any suggestions on this tiny screw ?

FLBuckeye

Established Member
Hopefully the pic shows that it's a tiny Phillips poss wood screw ?
I just happened to notice it.......I'll probably leave it in, because it looks like it's not longer than that part of the tread.....but i suppose I could pull it out and patch it if necessary.
Anyone else picking up a lot of nails or screws ?
TIA

Sorry about the pic, it was hard to get a view that far in, and holding the camera still. But that pinpoint looking gray thing is the screw......Hopefully the pic hosts right.

kom

Established Member
If I'm not mistaken, you should have a road hazard warranty on those tires....

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by kom
If I'm not mistaken, you should have a road hazard warranty on those tires....
The manufacturer's warranty does not include road hazard. I paid around $100 to add it...retail at the Gouge-year store is over $400 apiece.

bender460

Established Member
The lugs WILL clear a 1/2" screw. If it's a new tire.I got screwed two days after buying my Cobra.:thumbsup:

jumpinjackflash

Established Member
When doing the Magnaflow install, I noticed a screw in one of the front tires. I took it to Discount Tire and had them plug it, balance all 4 tires, and rotate them for $30. This was at about 2400 miles. The balance helped smooth things out and the rotation was due. Mine was between the lugs, but the plug gives me peace of mind.

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Do not plug it. Take it to a reputable tire store that patches. Have them take the tire off (if it is punctured through) and apply a patch to the inside. While plugs work on a normal car, they downgrade the Z rated tires on HP cars. Also find a store that does "road force balances" instead of just the spin.

Users who are viewing this thread