Anybody else have trouble syncing their TPMS sensors?

dumbstixlars

Established Member
I searched and I couldn't find the answer to my problem. I bought a set of wheels and tires with sensors from American Muscle. I drove the car to work today without syncing them before hand (didn't have time before work). So halfway to work the light went off for the fault. I got home and I followed the video to sync the sensors. I can get the car into learn mode just fine, but none of the sensors will sync. I press the button on the remote, and the red light lights up, but nothing happens. I tried it several times and every time it eventually just times out. Anybody have any idea what the deal is here?

stang910

Established Member
I had the same problem. You have to reset the sensors to default. Do this by letting all the air pressure out of the tires for at least 5 minutes then fill the tires back up and sync your wheels within a hour.

BV600

Established Member
I never syncd mine and the light never came on?
Drove maybe 100miles.

dumbstixlars

Established Member
I had the same problem. You have to reset the sensors to default. Do this by letting all the air pressure out of the tires for at least 5 minutes then fill the tires back up and sync your wheels within a hour.

Really? They are full of nitrogen, that's not going to be very cool if that doesn't work.

I never syncd mine and the light never came on?
Drove maybe 100miles.

Well my light came on after about 20 miles.

MYFSTSVT99L

Ingot 2012
Established Member
I haven't synced my wife's yet, light only comes on when she takes a decent drive. To work and back it hasn't came on yet. If I have to let the nitrogen out I'm not gonna be a happy camper.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Go by a chain tire store and give 'em 5 bucks, they should be able to get you taken care of. If I was doing it without the fancy TPMS tool I'd just drive the car for 5 minutes, then go into training mode and then use the basic synch tool. The sensors have to 'wake up' which driving will do, or the higher end tpms tool will wake them up.

dumbstixlars

Established Member
I rolled one of my stock wheels over to the car and started the sync process. It picked up the factory wheel almost immediately. So the TPMS tool I have works.

dumbstixlars

Established Member
IDK if it matters or not, these wheels and tires sat for almost a month before I was able to get them mounted on the car. I put about 60 miles on them before I tried to sync them as well.

mustang_guy

Established Member
I have the American muscle ones too and they just are flat out not working. I put them on my car and drove about 50 miles before the tpms fault light went on. I tried to synch them
With the syncing tool from AM and it's not working.
I'm on the verge of buying new ford tpms sensors and paying to have them swapped.

Can anyone confirm that I have to let all the air out and then synch them? Will this work?
Sure would save me alot of money if it's true

dumbstixlars

Established Member
I have the American muscle ones too and they just are flat out not working. I put them on my car and drove about 50 miles before the tpms fault light went on. I tried to synch them
I'm on the verge of buying new ford tpms sensors and paying to have them swapped.

Can anyone confirm that I have to let all the air out and then synch them? Will this work?

Same here. I thought the sensors were Ford sensors? The sync tool is. I'm at the point where I'm ready to break one of them down and see if the sensors are even installed.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I bought wheels not tires from A/M and had my tire guy install the new sensors when I had the tires mounted on my previous 2010 gt. After that they synced right up no issues. I remember a confirmation response when I did it , but don't remember what the response was. but I drove the car another 10k with no issue at all, call a/m they can help you!!!

Last edited:

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
i have the ford oem sensors in a couple sets of my wheels and ive never had to sync them at all and i move the wheels from car to car on occaision.....my advice is if you cant get them to work then send them back to AM for a refund or ask them to send you oem ford sensors and you wont have a problem....

dumbstixlars

Established Member
I bought wheels not tires from A/M and had my tire guy install the new sensors when I had the tires mounted on my previous 2010 gt. After that they synced right up no issues. I remember a confirmation response when I did it , but don't remember what the response was. but I drove the car another 10k with no issue at all, call a/m they can help you!!!

I shot them an email this morning, but haven't heard back yet.

i have the ford oem sensors in a couple sets of my wheels and ive never had to sync them at all and i move the wheels from car to car on occaision.....my advice is if you cant get them to work then send them back to AM for a refund or ask them to send you oem ford sensors and you wont have a problem....

I'm guessing I'll pull the sensors out of my stock wheels and get them swapped over. Which sucks because then I'll lose the nitro, plus the whole point of buying the complete set like I did was to avoid having to waste time and money at a tire shop. Which of course now I've wasted more time and effort then I originally would have. Hopefully AM will refund me the money for the sensors.

JerryC

Established Member
Check your receipt and make sure they put the correct sensors in, you might have gotten the older band style.
My wheels from them were balanced really badly. I had them rebalanced and they paid me back quickly. I would guess that they will have you get them fixed at a local shop and they will reimburse you.

dumbstixlars

Established Member
This is all good info considering I am about to purchase wheels and tires from them. Keep us updates on how AM handles this.

Will do. I'm going to call them tomorrow. They hooked me up with some swag when I had to get the front wheels re-balanced because the weights were in the wrong spot, however this is a more serious problem.

stang910

Established Member

All I can tell you is it worked for me. Go to the parts store and get a valve stem core remover and try it. If it doesn't work then you'll be out about 10 minutes of your time and the couple dollars for the tool. I think you'll be glad you did. BTW the sensors are Ford OEM along with the transmitter.

TTA89

Established Member
I bought 4 wheels and sensors plus remote from American Muscle and used my own tires. After everything was installed I could only get 1 sensor to sync correctly to the car, the other 3 were dead.

I called American Muscle and they sent me 3 new sensors and charged my credit card for them. I had them installed into the wheels and then I was able to sync all 4 wheels correctly. I had 3 bad sensors which I sent back and my account was credited. What a pain in the ass as I had to pay to have 3 tires unmounted and re balanced again to replace the bad TPMS sensors. It's not American Muscles fault but it still sucks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread