Anybody planning on getting a Raptor?

blksn8k

Established Member
definitely the best looking ford truck ever made. I'd love to have one, but sadly have an obsession with going fast 1st

But with this you could go faster in the dirt than most other trucks and there would be fewer cops out there to give you a ticket.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I won't buy a new one. But when I get the 08 paid off in a few years Ill consider one when I get ready to buy a new truck.

MAD IN NC

Established Member
Couldn't wait - just picked up a 08 Lariat Super crew....

2010 YES, with 6.2L!

MoabB2

Established Member
Pricing has not been released, I imagine we will see pricing and options released in late February. I've heard that they will likely try to keep pricing 45-50k, but we'll have to wait and see.

powersof12

Established Member
This looks like a great cross between my Terminator and my Sierra 4x4 Flare Side. Could it be that I can have my sports car and truck in one vehicle? I am seriously considering but my Cobra would have to go which would be tough. However, I can only drive the Cobra 6 months a year and the Raptor is 24/7 and 12 months a year. Fog, Rain, Snow, Ice, etc. I am way interested in thsi truck.

Venom351R

Established Member
The ranger and the Cobra will be paid off in the next two years. After that I'll look into getting a raptor for a DD and just selling the ranger.

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
To me, this truck just makes so much more sense than the lightning. I would LOVE to own one of these if I had the money to do so.

:rockon::beer:

Most Lightning owners want a fast truck that still has hauling capabilities. This Raptor thingy is by far the ugliest truck on the lot.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Most Lightning owners want a fast truck that still has hauling capabilities. This Raptor thingy is by far the ugliest truck on the lot.

the lightning does nothing a normal car cant do! whats the point of it? really taking a heavy work truck chassis and trying to make it a little bit fast is a bad idea from the get go. ask dodge? they found out the hard way!

blksn8k

Established Member
There is a place for both but the Raptor does offer a more versatile package. If everyone lived in Cali or Florida the L would be a great year-round truck. Unfortunately, some of us live where it snows and some of us even like to go off-road every now and then. I tried to convince myself several times to buy a Lightning but just couldn't justify it. Too limited in use. I had a Ranger that I swapped a 5.0 into. It was a fun little truck but I couldn't use it for all the things I needed a truck to do. A Lightning would have been no different. Different strokes for different folks...

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
the lightning does nothing a normal car cant do! whats the point of it? really taking a heavy work truck chassis and trying to make it a little bit fast is a bad idea from the get go. ask dodge? they found out the hard way!

I thought it was a great idea. Some folks want a sports car but need a truck. This allows them to get that with the Lightning. I can run down to Lowes or Home Depot in the L and haul bricks, lumber, etc, and then turn around and run it down the quarter mile.

Users who are viewing this thread