Anybody planning on getting a Raptor?

powersof12

Established Member
Anyone heard sticker price from the Chicago Auto Show. I think it started this weekend. I am thinking about taking a ride up just to see the Raptor but need to search around and make sure it is on display.

20LethalVenom03

Beaver Hunter
Established Member
As long as gas prices keep falling and stay low, I'm def putting a Black Raptor on my to-buy list.

Add a set of AXiS Rims, Nitto Grapplers along with a Borla Exhaust and you have yourself one hell of a truck...:burnout: :4wheel burnouts in the dirt:

factory BFG A/T KO>>Nitto terra trash. Borla sounds gay on a truck too..you guys are going to have to change your line of thinking mods wise.

MoabB2

Established Member
The tires are SVT tuned. So while the tread appears the same, I imagine the rubber compound and internals of the tire are specific for this truck.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
The tires are SVT tuned. So while the tread appears the same, I imagine the rubber compound and internals of the tire are specific for this truck.

Are they filling them with SVT specified air as well? :poke:

patrick_01svt

Established Member
i think the idea of the raptor is a good idea but it isnt the truck for alot of people thats why i would love to see a new generation of the lightning and with svt building another truck i feel that is a sign of them building back up who knows maybe we can see a 6.2s/c powered lightning in the future. I for one would love to see both in my driveway haha

MoabB2

Established Member
I get the idea that Jamal Hameedi doesn't want anything to do with another Lightning. Maybe I'm wrong. But the problem he saw with the Lightning was that it always just performed well....for a truck. It could never do what a truck was intended to do.

The idea of a Raptor is so great because it allows the truck to perform in a truck environment. And, a factory prerunner has never been built, so they are totally setting the bar. I'm sure an offroad SVT truck is hard for a lot of SVT faithful to swallow though.

blksn8k

Established Member
Since no one else is building any sort of serious sport truck anymore why would anyone cling to the idea that it makes good business sense for Ford to try it again? It was a passing fad, just like murals and side pipes on vans and coffee can exhaust on Civics. Ford might not sell enough Raptors either but at least they are willing to try something that no one else has done before and that has the potential to appeal to a much larger group of enthusiasts.

powersof12

Established Member
I have enjoyed lots of 5.0L Stangs, SVO's, and now my Terminator. But I have to admit that all winter long, I really like my Sierra 4x4. It drives through the deepest snow with its regular cab, flare side bed, and 5.3L engine. Even in the summer, I enjoy driving it over anything in my way. So, I am really lookng forward to this Raptor as a way that I can retire my Terminator Cobra Vert and Sierra 4x4 and get just one vehicle that can start a whole new chapter in fun. I am ready to turn in the muscle car keys and convert full time to a ford truck.

powersof12

Established Member
Anyone know when the first ones will hit the dealers? I don't want to sell my Terminator early and then have the Raptor get canceled.

MoabB2

Established Member
A deal you couldn't refuse? Please elaborate! Is pricing out?

I have a deposit down with my dealer but they still don't have pricing or options.

steeltoe

Established Member
A deal you couldn't refuse? Please elaborate! Is pricing out?

I have a deposit down with my dealer but they still don't have pricing or options.

no pricing isnt out yet. i cant elborate at the request of the dealer but being over here gives me options to apply leverage on a dealer to get what i want. where everyone else on the list has first right to refuse the truck. i have to buy for me to get the deal they gave me. options are most likely goin to be similar to the lightning just dealer installed (ie hitch and bed cover)

sethlovesfords

Established Member
No thanks. My advice: buy a Lightning, and for playing in the dirt, buy one of these (you can haul it in your lightning! ;-)):
POLARISRZRRANGER.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread