anybody running the reichard 2.60 pulley

wuplash

Established Member
as the title states is there anybody running a reichard 2.60 upper ultra grip pulley????????? i have it from a good source there are a few out there and i would like to know how it performs:burnout: :burnout:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Reichard Racing does not make a 2.60 for the Eaton for obvious reasons. Their sizes range from 3.20" to 2.75". They do make a 2.60" for the 6-rib ProCharger and the Kenne Bell with 1996-1998 Cobra.

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Reichard Racing does not make a 2.60 for the Eaton for obvious reasons. Their sizes range from 3.20" to 2.75". They do make a 2.60" for the 6-rib ProCharger and the Kenne Bell with 1996-1998 Cobra.

i spoke with jimmy about the possibility of doing a 2.65-2.70 upper ultra grip pulley the other day and he told me they had made some 2.60 pulleys for the eaton m112 on our cobras and that to make it work you need to turn down the snout,which i take as milling it down some for clearance.while a 2.60 may not be listed according to jimmy it seems they would build one for somebody.i was just curious if someone on this board had one of those 2.60 pulleys they made on there cobra:burnout:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I would run a 2.60 nonslip if someone made one, it only take so much grinding.

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
They are out there and were tested on Aptens with aftermarket h/e's pretty thoughrly from what I heard...and they work well.

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
why not just run a 2.8? that seems to be more sensible to gringing the snout

trey193

Established Member
I am with Wuplash on this one I am wanting to get a tad more boost now that I have done the APTEN and dont want to spend the big bucks on a lower setup!! I think the efficency I now have warrants more boost. I know for a fact I can get a 2.70 and I talked to Wuplash yesterday and he spoke with Jimmy @ RR and said he has some 2.60's out there. The 2.70's and 2.60's can be done but would only be wise if you have done the blower porting which I have! Get me some hard info today Jim and ring me !!!!:)

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
now..im not into the whole pulley thing yet..but i thought the 2.93 and lower was way overspinning the eaton. i know most are fine with the 2.80/2.76 but we all have like UNDER 20k miles on our cars. if a 2.80 is overspinning it, what is a 2.60 doing?:lol: plus i just see that as belt slip waiting to happen..even with an idler. if u want that much more boost....run an 8lb lower and a 2.80 upper...:rockon:

trey193

Established Member
A 2.80 and 8lb lower is too much thats well over 20lbs, a 2.70 will most likely give me another 1/2- 3/4lb of boost which right now I am only running 14 so that would put me close to 15 which is where i want to be, a 2.60 also would be nice and may put me in the 15.5 range which would also be fine ! I dont think belt slip would be any more of an issue for me than with my 2.80. And reasons I dont want to go to a lower are many! Cost, Hard Install, Alt. Pulley needed. I want a hair more boost and if I were going to go to a lower all I would need would be a 2lb lower but why spend all that money for it when I can get a tad smaller upper and be a snap to put on? See where i am going with this!:)

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
i do see where u are going. but whats wrong with 20psi? my plan..maybe at the end of this year..is to do a lower...either a 6lb or 8lb. then at the track..ill have a changeable upper set..maybe run 1 run with 18psi and so on. and i thought with a 2.76 u should be around 16psi already?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by 78mphgpr
They are out there and were tested on Aptens with aftermarket h/e's pretty thoughrly from what I heard...and they work well.
I can't buy into anything under a 2.75 being worth the money because it has been proven over and over that the efficiencies diminish down the line due to the Eaton being overspun. So my big question would be how much power and torque would you net with a 2.60 or 2.65? Would not surprise me to see under 5rwhp and about the same torque. I'd love to find out, though.

cobra101

Established Member
YES. According to all reports 2.8 and lower overspins the STOCK eaton. There are no reports about a ported (more efficient) Eaton running 2.75s or lower. With the porting and a heat exchanger I would think it changes the dynamics of the Eaton. It may be able to handle the new found boost.

what ya think?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
i think the overspinning is the components, not the boost factor. after a 2.80, the stock blower can not make anymore usable boost. so what did we do..we port it. now it runs more efficient yes BUT your still using the STOCK eaton parts. can they handle the spinning of like 35k rpms?:shrug:

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
I can't buy into anything under a 2.75 being worth the money because it has been proven over and over that the efficiencies diminish down the line due to the Eaton being overspun. So my big question would be how much power and torque would you net with a 2.60 or 2.65? Would not surprise me to see under 5rwhp and about the same torque. I'd love to find out, though.

i know jdm is running a 3.0 upper/8lb lower but by looking at what they have accomplished with the eaton it can be made to make power even doing the so called overspinning of a eaton blower.what trey and i are thinking of is getting back some of the boost you loose when doing port work on the eaton and headers as you loose restriction doing those two things without having to go the lower pulley route and create more boost than we are after as a 2lb lower is the smallest lower made i know of,we only are wanting to add another 1-1.5lbs,plus a shiny pulley with 2.60 engraved into it would look way cool:rockon:

trey193

Established Member
Well said FUBU! I think a 2.6 would make another 5 or so HP but around 10-15TQ across the board, wouldnt be no different than adding a 2lb lower except all the hassle you would have with the lower which i have already mentioned!

trey193

Established Member
Its confirmed Jimmy infact has 2.60 cores @ RR. I am gonna let (Wuplash) be the first to try it I figure if he makes some better numbers with it and the stock eaton then it would def. be something for me to look into being that I have the APTEN. Also JImmy @ RR will machine the snout for 50 bucks and I beleive he quoted Wuplash 145 on the pulley itself! Not bad IMHO!!!:)

Users who are viewing this thread