Anyone done a ls swap in a new edge?

BBAMOTORS

Established Member
and why is this ?
my setup will make 800+rw boost only, 1000ish at the crank while being a DD that drives like stock

this is on a 22 year olds very limited budget

A 800 whp car is real dangeous on the street,hell a 500whp car is dangerous.I know plenty of people that have years of experience,Cold morning around a turn,little too much throttle and before you know it ,car is destroyed.I'm not question your driving skills at all.Just much more cost effective and safer to get a beater and never worry.Be safe

scottydsntknow

Established Member
and why is this ?
my setup will make 800+rw boost only, 1000ish at the crank while being a DD that drives like stock

this is on a 22 year olds very limited budget

Well this explains everything. Lol at 800whp driving like stock.

Also, limited budget and 1000whp do NOT go in the same sentence.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
My car drives like stock at 802 RWHP on pump gas through an auto....in tank pump, 2700 RPM at 75 MPH, p/s cd player and all that good stuff.

Nasty_00_Fobra

Established Member
my car drives like stock with 330 rwhp XD haha im ready to make 500 rwhp guys...this 300 hp shit is annoying lol got a guy calling me out with a bone stock 302 with a 200 shot in a fox for when i get my LS done...should be interesteing..all motor vs a 200 shot haha

slow2v

GONE
Established Member
A 800 whp car is real dangeous on the street,hell a 500whp car is dangerous.I know plenty of people that have years of experience,Cold morning around a turn,little too much throttle and before you know it ,car is destroyed.I'm not question your driving skills at all.Just much more cost effective and safer to get a beater and never worry.Be safe
stock top end
drives like stock

dont post ignorance, it gets spread

Well this explains everything. Lol at 800whp driving like stock.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
why would it not drive like stock?
same stroke, cams, and heads...when not in boost it runs like a stock

Nasty_00_Fobra

Established Member
stock top end
drives like stock

dont post ignorance, it gets spread

why would it not drive like stock?
same stroke, cams, and heads...when not in boost it runs like a stock

Most people think that 400 rwhp is like drag car status and wouldnt know how to handle 300 hp on a RWD car bc their Prius isnt that fast..not saying any of you guys do but 800 HP is plenty streetable jsut depends on your foot..for me..hell no id kill myself haah

slow2v

GONE
Established Member
Most people think that 400 rwhp is like drag car status and wouldnt know how to handle 300 hp on a RWD car bc their Prius isnt that fast..not saying any of you guys do but 800 HP is plenty streetable jsut depends on your foot..for me..hell no id kill myself haah

il be on 295/55/15 et streets 24/7 with a very drag oriented suspension
hook an ****ing book :rolling:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Efi properly tuned drives perfectly fine. I know 10 modular or ls cars cars making 4 digit power that drive like lambs.

Bored.

But I do agree that 4 digit power and cheap doesn't exist. My build is well past the 30k mark, the other 9 cars I know are there or much more, one is maybe $5k cheaper on a c5z but stock suspension.

Heads, cam(s), fuel, spark, tuning, ecu, stand alones, injectors, trans, exhaust, drive shaft, half shafts or spindles, diff, front suspension, rear suspension, chassis bracing, cooling, oil, wheels, tires, brakes, etc all need to be up to the task.

My buddy's procharged 429ci lsx c6 z makes 9xx on 11psi and pump gas, ls and modular mills can be absolute lambs until you put some iron on the loud pedal, even with huge power.

Durability wise, most of these cars have at least 3-8,000 miles since being built but all have custom dyno tunes, well sorted/balanced parts, proper cooling etc.

Anyways, why dd something insurance can't replace? A $1400 car as a dd is much easier to forget than a fully built car if a careless drunk slams you or if you get cut off by a preoccupied fool exiting a Walmart. Take my advice, never dd a project car. It may break and leave you stranded/late for work, or far worse, it may be lost in a wreck that you had no fault in.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
these guys dont know how us florida boys do :beer:

No love for the Rocky Mountain mile high guys? We give big love to you coastal peeps haha! Its more so because you guys can drive em year round though, rock on man, safe travels!

slow2v

GONE
Established Member
Efi properly tuned drives perfectly fine. I know 10 modular or ls cars cars making 4 digit power that drive like lambs.

Bored.

But I do agree that 4 digit power and cheap doesn't exist. My build is well past the 30k mark, the other 9 cars I know are there or much more, one is maybe $5k cheaper on a c5z but stock suspension.

Heads, cam(s), fuel, spark, tuning, ecu, stand alones, injectors, trans, exhaust, drive shaft, half shafts or spindles, diff, front suspension, rear suspension, chassis bracing, cooling, oil, wheels, tires, brakes, etc all need to be up to the task.

My buddy's procharged 429ci lsx c6 z makes 9xx on 11psi and pump gas, ls and modular mills can be absolute lambs until you put some iron on the loud pedal, even with huge power.

Durability wise, most of these cars have at least 3-8,000 miles since being built but all have custom dyno tunes, well sorted/balanced parts, proper cooling etc.

Anyways, why dd something insurance can't replace? A $1400 car as a dd is much easier to forget than a fully built car if a careless drunk slams you or if you get cut off by a preoccupied fool exiting a Walmart. Take my advice, never dd a project car. It may break and leave you stranded/late for work, or far worse, it may be lost in a wreck that you had no fault in.

ok, ill admit it...my build was more of a budget because the car already ran a 9.7 when i got her lol

Nasty_00_Fobra

Established Member
il be on 295/55/15 et streets 24/7 with a very drag oriented suspension
hook an ****ing book :rolling:

Im rolling on 285/35/19 street tires..eventually going with some hoosier a6's mine is set up for turns..and once my LS swap is done wont much hang with me around my part of town in the turns

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
ok, ill admit it...my build was more of a budget because the car already ran a 9.7 when i got her lol

Well I mean a project car is a project car, you get great deals when you pick them up so no harm/foul there but that the car was already built up is my point. The dollar amount varies especially if its a project car you pick up and then play with but all the right parts have to go into the mix for it to last.

I've sold stock/redundant/unneeded parts as well for about a total of $3,500 and I'm a little shy of the $30k mark but its not like someone buying my car today for $23,000 would not have the parts I have on the car, they're just be much savvier than I was.

In the future I'm going to buy someone's nearly built project cars and go from there. No point in starting from scratch when project cars are so much cheaper. That is assuming you can trouble shoot problems though, otherwise project cars can be nightmares for the uninitiated.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
me or him?

Both? I think it was nasty saying his car was built to corner so I wanted to know what suspension he's running but what are you running as well? I bet the car runs strong, looks like a great build, congrats!

slow2v

GONE
Established Member
Well I mean a project car is a project car, you get great deals when you pick them up so no harm/foul there but that the car was already built up is my point. The dollar amount varies especially if its a project car you pick up and then play with but all the right parts have to go into the mix for it to last.

I've sold stock/redundant/unneeded parts as well for about a total of $3,500 and I'm a little shy of the $30k mark but its not like someone buying my car today for $23,000 would not have the parts I have on the car, they're just be much savvier than I was.

In the future I'm going to buy someone's nearly built project cars and go from there. No point in starting from scratch when project cars are so much cheaper. That is assuming you can trouble shoot problems though, otherwise project cars can be nightmares for the uninitiated.

i sold the bottom end, blower, fuel setup, etc

improvements must be made because a 142 trap with a DD isnt high enouhg LOL

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
i sold the bottom end, blower, fuel setup, etc

improvements must be made because a 142 trap with a DD isnt high enouhg LOL

Yesss! I love it man, I'm hoping to have an honest 155-160mph trap on street tires. Let it be mid to high 9's, I just want the bragging rights of saying my street car hit that in the 1/4 haha. My buddy Scott went 148 with 880whp so I think I can get in the 150's pretty easy with 1100whp

Users who are viewing this thread