Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

Osiris

Established Member
I was joking around.
I think we still see this next GT500. though I don't doubt things aren't looking good as a whole for FP.
Even Hyundai has a performance line now....It won't end. Performance sells base models. The fact that the Raptor is going global should be proof of that...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Stop. Stop. Stop. Stop.

None of it was ever legitimate. None of it.
At this point I'm pretty sure Ford killed off his friend the insider. He's been right on way too much.

In DBK we trust.
I trust the next GT500 will be worth the wait, just annoying we don't have an answer to the competition.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I've always thought it makes sense to sell the two cars side-by-side because they are not the same car. I think an update GT350R with a DCT, about 50 more hp, and a few other tweaks would be one of the great track cars ever built.
If that car comes I would have a hard decision.
An updated DI/DCT 350R would complement my driving collection more. My '14 pretty much leaves everything feeling slow, so the 350R fills a different niche plus I'd like to make a few open track guys with my buddies.
Do you have any idea on timelines for a real announcement from Ford?
-J

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I'll just leave it at "Ford is in a transitional period."

There are a bunch of smart people at Ford that are currently in a less-than-optimal situation that I think will resolve itself organically within the next 12-24 months.

Historically Ford has been a very "Game of Thrones" environment. There are always knives being sharpened somewhere. Always.

****ed.

DepWraith

Established Member
Stop. Stop. Stop. Stop.

None of it was ever legitimate. None of it.

Funny you say that, because nobody knows yet as there has been 0.0% verified information released by Ford...and well, the info you provided, well that was 0.0% verifiable too.

You keep sitting back and telling EVERYONE they are wrong, but you can't seem to prove any of them are.

I just passed on info from a source I personally knew, that's it.

Please, prove one of us wrong and post something verifiable...because until you can do that, none of us are wrong no matter how much you shout it and underline it.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Man, I proved you wrong like 700 trillion times. You would post a tidbit from this guy, I would say "this is wrong" and then...it would be wrong.

I'm not telling everyone they are wrong. Some people are definitely right because they have eyeballs and have literally seen the powertrain in pictures because it's been posted on the internet, including this site, along with a couple other components. Everyone knows the powertrain. Everyone has seen the big wing.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@DepWraith

Dave isn't lying. lol I'm not sure how at this point any one can say that he is?

Losing Raj Nair is a big loss for Ford Performance; he more or less drug the idea of the Ford GT from the beginning through the finish line. He's a very nice guy and it's unfortunate that a few poor decisions could have such a huge impact on his life, Ford Performance and so many enthusiasts across the world; but that's a society that we live in. Ford had to cut ties because by not doing so, it would be implied that "Ford supports his choices", and that's just not the case.

With that said, I'm not worried about the new GT500 at all. I do not believe this will hinder Ford Performance's ability to bring the car to market. It does make me worried moving forward. A LOT will become known when they announce his replacement in the coming days.

DepWraith

Established Member
@13COBRA I didn't say he was lying, just saying that other than saying "you're wrong", he hasn't put forth any more verifiable information than the rest of us, yet we are the ones that are wrong.

@DBK Other than the release date (and we all know how often those get pushed back), nothing I have said has been proven to be wrong yet. Not looking to argue and regardless of what you believe, my source did work on this project.

We all just want the damn car to be revealed.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@13COBRA I didn't say he was lying, just saying that other than saying "you're wrong", he hasn't put forth any more verifiable information than the rest of us, yet we are the ones that are wrong.

@DBK Other than the release date (and we all know how often those get pushed back), nothing I have said has been proven to be wrong yet. Not looking to argue and regardless of what you believe, my source did work on this project.

We all just want the damn car to be revealed.

Put everything you know about the car in one post, please.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
giphy.gif

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member

Here's another illustration of the stupidity. You guys think anything is safe over there right now? They did a big organization reshuffle and in the process downgraded all of the positions and personnel. They've taken EVP jobs and turned them into GVPs, made GVPs straight VPs and a put in several people with zero background into new high-level jobs. That's one way to start saving $14 billion - appoint lower paid people without the requisite resources or experience to do the jobs and hope for the best.

It's an unbelievable cluster****.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Give me the job, I'll take care of some shit. Honestly tho, I put more faith into people that are new and energetic, than people that get comfortable and lazy in their job. Give it to the new guy with vision and ambition and let it roll. Everyone has to start somewhere... Getter done.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Give me the job, I'll take care of some shit. Honestly tho, I put more faith into people that are new and energetic, than people that get comfortable and lazy in their job. Give it to the new guy with vision and ambition and let it roll. Everyone has to start somewhere... Getter done.

Believe me, this is not a case of young fresh blood. It's a case of "they ****ing fired Mark for the share price...and now it's even worse."

bpmurr

Established Member
Believe me, this is not a case of young fresh blood. It's a case of "they ****ing fired Mark for the share price...and now it's even worse."

So what's the scoop on Kumar Galhotra who is replacing Raj? I see he was over Lincoln which is finally turning around but also marketing which Ford's is pretty bad.

Users who are viewing this thread