Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
thumb-1920-773163.jpg

Something to hold everyone over until Monday. :D

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
Really just venting as I'm sick of hearing about the Demon and ZL1 while we are stuck with an anemic 526hp top level Mustang.
I'll be first to tell you I love the GT350, especially the R, and will own one eventually.
Just have a problem with Ford neglecting drag and street/strip guys, the majority of Mustang owners/racers.
SRT and Dodge really are killing it when you talk to enthusiasts of street cars. I currently DD a Charger Hellcat and I can tell you the Hellcat hype is legit and lives up to its reputation. Ford easily has the tools to build a competing car, even sedan; but apparently not the balls.
My point is Ford dropped the ball on the 50th anniversary of the GT500 and really need to offer a 'Drag Pack' in the next gen car. Definitely keep the 'Track Pack' for the press release, but in the street we need big power and traction in a straight line.
Ok, rant over, just sick of holding back when I hear all the Mustang bashing when guys talk to me about the Hellcat not knowing I'm a hardcore Mustang guy and I have to concede their point. As good as the GT350 is, it's a dog compared to the higher power Dodge and Chevy offerings.
-J

YES - especially living in Colorado, the GT350 is normally aspirated garbage.... Try a GT350 a high altitude... what a waste of good money. Its just like the corvette... normally aspirated junk.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I think we’ll get information of some sort from this show. Some specs, details, and joy of joys, possibly another fantastic graphical adventure.

2019 gt500: the digital masterpiece you’ve always wanted. I’m not insulting the PR team, I’m sure they are doing the best with ever-changing situations to at least show something, but the digital release is arguably very easily criticized by opposition and anti fanboys.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
**** the GT500, Lincoln (at least looks wise) is knocking it out of the park with the Navigator and now the Aviator. Need to hit the lotto...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not in WBDO....

upload_2018-3-28_12-25-38.png

It has been in and out of CONCEPS.

Doesn't tell us anything we didn't know. Colors aren't available. Body code is P8S, Series is 950A, engine is 99Z, tranmission is 44T.

upload_2018-3-28_12-31-24.png

Users who are viewing this thread