Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I am fortunate to not be in the market for a new GT500, as long as they look like the 15 thru 18 MY Mustangs. It will be interesting to see how many that posted in this thread, actually buy one when it shows up. Talking about 85K price points & going in one's wallet, are vastly different activities.

paluka21

Established Member
I am fortunate to not be in the market for a new GT500, as long as they look like the 15 thru 18 MY Mustangs. It will be interesting to see how many that posted in this thread, actually buy one when it shows up. Talking about 85K price points & going in one's wallet, are vastly different activities.

Exactly right. $85K can buy a whole lot of necessities in life other than a "super mustang". However, I will say that I'm interested in the new model Ford is putting out and might make the plunge. But if the car is north of $75K, I'll probably look elsewhere. Not because I cannot afford it, but because I choose not to.

DepWraith

Established Member
I'm friends with 4 or 5 of the biggest Ford dealers in the country. Galpin, 5 Star, Woodhouse, Sanderson, Tasca, etc.

I sell more $80-90k trucks than I sell $50k trucks. The GT500 would have 0 issue with an MSRP of $85k.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

I'd bet Galpin and Tasca where there, ask them.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I'd bet Galpin and Tasca where there, ask them.

Again, Ford knows the price point of this vehicle and they know the current price points of the 350 adm included. They are not worried about the $85k msrp.

How is this a Ford problem? Dealers know full well they can sell them night and day at $85k!

DepWraith

Established Member
Again, Ford knows the price point of this vehicle and they know the current price points of the 350 adm included. They are not worried about the $85k msrp.

How is this a Ford problem? Dealers know full well they can sell them night and day at $85k!

We will see. Funny there are GT350's sitting on lots at or below MSRP and now at 20k more for a GT500...you think adding a blower make the difference huh?

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
We will see. Funny there are GT350's sitting on lots at or below MSRP right now at 20k...and you think adding a blower make the difference huh?

Did I not sleep well last night? I can't make sense of this. What is the 20k in reference to?

Are you saying they are $20k off? Because the cheapest I have ever seen a GT350 sell for was $44k and it was a tech 16 car IIRC, and used. No where near 20k off MSRP.

DepWraith

Established Member
Corrected the typo. Was saying that adding 20k onto the price of GT350 to get a msrp of 85k and the only major difference is a blower on a CPC, well good luck selling that.

paluka21

Established Member
Corrected the typo. Was saying that adding 20k onto the price of GT350 to get a msrp of 85k and the only major difference is a blower on a CPC, well good luck selling that.

There's no way Ford will put out a GT500 car with the only enhancement over the 350 being a supercharger and supporting modifications, and then try to sell that to the public. There's a reason this car is taking a while to come out, and it's most likely because Ford is doing it right.
Given the last year of the 2014 GT500 base car sold for $57K, five years later would say they're going to at *least* tack another $10K onto the base price of the car.
Guess we will all find out soon enough.

Clemson

Established Member
There's no way Ford will put out a GT500 car with the only enhancement over the 350 being a supercharger and supporting modifications, and then try to sell that to the public. There's a reason this car is taking a while to come out, and it's most likely because Ford is doing it right.
Given the last year of the 2014 GT500 base car sold for $57K, five years later would say they're going to at *least* tack another $10K onto the base price of the car.
I think your at *least* number needs to be more like 15-20K. Especially if this car is taking so long because of how good its going to be......

DepWraith

Established Member
Pricepoint was 85k to start and was bumped down to 75k after dealer pushback (what I was told and makes complete sense with Chevy and Dodge pricing). You can ague that you think the pricepoint will be 85k plus, but then you are reaching competitors higher tier cars that this won't top, especially with the GTR and upcoming VIPER on the horizon.

With that said, everyone on here is swearing on a blown cpc 5.2....not sure how much power you think that will make on pump gas, but I know what the 13/14 made on the 5.8, so doesn't too sound exciting.

Now given what sounds like a lackluster motor given the specs you all swear by, I would love to hear what other specific performance components can be offered that are that much better than from the GT350 and still be at a reasonable competitive price?

DepWraith

Established Member

I think base will be around 66-68k.

paluka21

Established Member
I think your at *least* number needs to be more like 15-20K. Especially if this car is taking so long because of how good its going to be......

Perhaps you're right. Considering there was a $9-10K difference in a four year span between the 2010 - 2014 MY's, it would only spell a more significant increase between 2014-2019 five year span, particularly with the body style change from S-197 - S550 and the enhanced technology.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Jesus ****ing Christ. Now Depwraith wants to talk about an "upcoming" Viper. Did a, recently deceased, friend of yours work on the new lugnuts for the Gen VI Viper?

BTIII was at an NHRA event during said meeting. He agrees that they will sell for 6 figures to start...just like the 350R. $85k wouldnt scare away enough people for demand to equal supply.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread