Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Pricepoint was 85k to start and was bumped down to 75k after dealer pushback (what I was told and makes complete sense with Chevy and Dodge pricing). You can ague that you think the pricepoint will be 85k plus, but then you are reaching competitors higher tier cars that this won't top, especially with the GTR and upcoming VIPER on the horizon.

With that said, everyone on here is swearing on a blown cpc 5.2....not sure how much power you think that will make on pump gas, but I know what the 13/14 made on the 5.8, so doesn't too sound exciting.

Now given what sounds like a lackluster motor given the specs you all swear by, I would love to hear what other specific performance components can be offered that are that much better than from the GT350 and still be at a reasonable competitive price?

No Ford did not listen to dealers. Specially after dealers are getting $85k on the plain 350 3 years after launch. How many times do I have to explain this?

Just stop with your dribble, you’re worse than cliff clavin!

Care to explain why Ford would give 2 shits about what dealers have to say about their pricepoint?

Dealers should be down on their knees bowing for adm brought from the 350 for 3 straight years. They don’t have a leg to stand on in the price question.

Jesus ****ing Christ. Now Depwraith wants to talk about an "upcoming" Viper. Did a, recently deceased, friend of yours work on the new lugnuts for the Gen VI Viper?

BTIII was at an NHRA event during said meeting. He agrees that they will sell for 6 figures to start...just like the 350R. $85k wouldnt scare away enough people for demand to equal supply.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

How many times can someone post hypothesis and conjecture while passing it off as fact?

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
And......
1. Doesn't blow spark plugs out of the cylinder.
2. Doesn't have cooling issues.
3. Sound like a baboon farting in a bath tub.

All I care about is that it's got gobs of power, gobs of torque and can at least keep up with the Z06 on the dragstrip. A killer interior, a killer exterior, some super wide tires out back and a killer sounding exhaust/supercharger whine.
Is that too much to ask?!?!? lol :D

Osiris

Established Member
No Ford did not listen to dealers. Specially after dealers are getting $85k on the plain 350 3 years after launch. How many times do I have to explain this?

Just stop with your dribble, you’re worse than cliff clavin!

Dealers should be down on their knees bowing for adm brought from the 350 for 3 straight years. They don’t have a leg to stand on in the price question.

How many times can someone post hypothesis and conjecture while passing it off as fact?
Can't get mad at the dealers for the ADMs, no one has to pay them. Blame the people who DO pay them for giving dealers a reason for charging them in the first place.

This is the #1 reason not to buy it new. No "owner's kit" is worth 10-30k...Ford is going to build PLENTY of these.

It also gives testament to how good the GT350 is, that people are still willing to shell out ADMs to get them, despite whatever else is out there in the market...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Can't get mad at the dealers for the ADMs, no one has to pay them. Blame the people who DO pay them for giving dealers a reason for charging them in the first place.

This is the #1 reason not to buy it new. No "owner's kit" is worth 10-30k...Ford is going to build PLENTY of these.

It also gives testament to how good the GT350 is, that people are still willing to shell out ADMs to get them, despite whatever else is out there in the market...

Not mad at all. If someone will pay that, good for them. I would rather see that money/profit go to Ford though.

Osiris

Established Member
They'd probably feel guilty...Ever see how much they make off of an F150? Lol I need to get off my ass and buy some stock already!
Not mad at all. If someone will pay that, good for them. I would rather see that money/profit go to Ford though.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Magazines praise the GT350s handling, and worship its driving experience.

Ford adds 150-200 hp while addressing the weight issue, and maintains the pure joy of the 350 experience.

Ford sells a 350 with a blower.... minds explode...

Magazines drop their panties.

Forums bitch.

God I love the internet.

DepWraith

Established Member
Last edited:

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Paying ADM = stupid.
The fact that people are still paying ADM now = really stupid.
Has nothing to do with how good or bad the car is !!

5.2Leader

Established Member
The funny thing is here in So. Cal they still get over MSRP. Just dropped off the GT350 at the dealer for a AC sensor issue. Anyways a new 2018 Black GT350 , leather seats and electronics package marked up $20K. I was walking around it sales guy didn’t know why I was there for service and I offered him MSRP he laughed at me and said some guy in New York was interested and was going to have it shipped to him. At that point it made me laugh! If you have money to waste or throw around more power to ya. Must be nice! Or stupidity not sure which!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Depwraith is not a reliable source. I think he is a Russian paid for by GM peddling disinformation to meddle in Fords gt500 launch.

I believe the pay is among other things, a lifetime motortrend subscription.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
On a legitimate note, I do hope Ford has dialed back the performance and comfort alienation packaging because most well heeled buyers are fine with slightly compromised absolute performance in the name of relative comfort (4 seats and a nav) and also that purists wasn’t even more stripped out, but can obviously physically strip the car by themselves.

Nothing stops a gt350 or gt350r owner from removing even more weight, but the ‘16 cars are at a disadvantage regarding market value because of the ordering mess.

People love options and customization, tying their hands up is frustrating and an overplayed hand at these price ranges.

DepWraith

Established Member
What? You said it was tt?

Follow the thread and you'll see that I didn't say blower, everyone else here is so I was referencing their knowledge, thus my statement 'you think...".

Do I still think it could be TT, I do. The two lower coolers on each side are definitely water coolers and not like the current oil/trans coolers on the GT350 (clearly evident by both the apparent material used and the design).

So ask yourself, why they would add two different water coolers for a blower, increasing the chances for leaks when you still need the oil/trans coolers you already have designed? They already had a useable and more than sufficient cooling system on the last model with larger motor without them...

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Follow the thread and you'll see that I didn't say blower, everyone else here is so I was referencing their knowledge, thus my statement 'you think...".

Do I still think it could be TT, I do. The two lower coolers on each side are definitely water coolers and not like the current oil/trans coolers on the GT350 (clearly evident by both the apparent material used and the design).

So ask yourself, why they would add two different water coolers for a blower, increasing the chances for leaks when you still need the oil/trans coolers you already have designed? They already had a useable and more than sufficient cooling system on the last model with larger motor without them...

I did ask myself and I answered myself by informing myself that the vehicle needs coolers for the massive 15” brakes, BIGGER oil and trans coolers, and what about the zl1 having 10 coolers... so it put my mind at ease.

I also reminded myself that the spy shots clearly show a blower. And that it’s definitely confirmed to be a blower car.

And that insanity is repeating the same action expecting different results... like you are doing by sticking to the idea of it being turbo.

Dep I have to ask how old you are and what you do for a profession. In full disclosure, I’m 28, and do service related work as in manual labor at relatively low pay. I’d consider myself a realistic day dreamer.

What compels you to stick to this gt500 crusade you have been on? I long ago ditched the idea I could somehow impact the decision making at ford. Spreading ideas on the forum will never impact the current gen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread