Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Valet mode in the Hellcat is no joke. Sound system volume maxes at 40%. Address book (favorites) is locked. No SRT Pages. 3k rpm max. 200 hp and 200 lbft torque restrictions. Auto only starts from a standstill in 2nd gear. Paddles are disabled. Good stuff.
Maybe I should try that.
No joke a hotel valet earned a ticket in my Hellcat Charger. My wife and I got a nice parking discount when a cruiser pulled in behind him. She/officer said he/young guy spun the tires and reved the engine. I tried to help him by telling her it's easy to do in cold rain on snow tires, but she said one of them flipped a new Mustang the month prior.
Made a nice ending to the anniversary trip.

And I'm a die hard manual guy, but I really think this GT500 needs a DCT. After the awesome ZF A8 in the Hellcat, and owning a 1000hp stick GT500, I'm ready to try the DCT. Downside is I've only used DCTs on a road course (and had to be the best of the best in a Porsche and 2 Ferraris), but I'd like to give the new Tremec DCT a chance.
I'll tell you between the '16 Viper ACR and GT350R manuals, as a newbie on the road course on the same day, the DCTs were much better on track than the manuals.
When you're talking big power top shelf model, we should all want the best PERFORMANCE trans. If you're looking for a true manual muscle car experience, go find a low mile '13-14 GT500.
I doubt this car gets 2 trans choices, so if it's only one, I'll take the DCT.
-J

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Maybe I should try that.
No joke a hotel valet earned a ticket in my Hellcat Charger. My wife and I got a nice parking discount when a cruiser pulled in behind him. She/officer said he/young guy spun the tires and reved the engine. I tried to help him by telling her it's easy to do in cold rain on snow tires, but she said one of them flipped a new Mustang the month prior.
Made a nice ending to the anniversary trip.

I would have been pretty upset over that one. People don't realize how bad most valet services abuse their customer's vehicles.

I strongly recommend using the valet mode when you leave the car with anyone but the dealer. None of the dealers around here will work on it unless its unlocked and you give them the red key.

And I'm a die hard manual guy, but I really think this GT500 needs a DCT. After the awesome ZF A8 in the Hellcat, and owning a 1000hp stick GT500, I'm ready to try the DCT. Downside is I've only used DCTs on a road course (and had to be the best of the best in a Porsche and 2 Ferraris), but I'd like to give the new Tremec DCT a chance.
I'll tell you between the '16 Viper ACR and GT350R manuals, as a newbie on the road course on the same day, the DCTs were much better on track than the manuals.
When you're talking big power top shelf model, we should all want the best PERFORMANCE trans. If you're looking for a true manual muscle car experience, go find a low mile '13-14 GT500.
-J

I would love to see a DCT, too... but I have a feeling that its not going to happen from the factory.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Properly sorted DCT is still better than that ZF 8-speed. DCT is always gonna shift faster (in reality), and I felt the ZF was excessively smooth in the Vantage, which makes sense for a bit of hardware that primarily is tasked with shifting smoothly in a wide variety of products.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
-J

Two different auto options, or two options total?

I’d be very surprised if it’s not offered with a manual and one of the auto options that have been discussed.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Properly sorted DCT is still better than that ZF 8-speed. DCT is always gonna shift faster (in reality), and I felt the ZF was excessively smooth in the Vantage, which makes sense for a bit of hardware that primarily is tasked with shifting smoothly in a wide variety of products.
I agree on DCT over the conventional auto, especially with an 7500-8000 screaming bullet like the 5.2/TVS coming in the GT500.
However, in my experience with the ZF, the SRT drive modes go 4 levels from Eco to Track and that trans rifles off shifts in Track mode. I'd assume DCT should still be superior but I doubt it's giving up much.
I'd just prefer the involvement with the DCT and with Tremec producing a DCT now domestically, I don't see how it wouldn't become the choice for most American muscle---Mustang, Corvette, Camaro, SRT, etc.
We will all see soon I'd guess.
-J

Dusten

Established Member
I agree on DCT over the conventional auto, especially with an 7500-8000 screaming bullet like the 5.2/TVS coming in the GT500.
However, in my experience with the ZF, the SRT drive modes go 4 levels from Eco to Track and that trans rifles off shifts in Track mode. I'd assume DCT should still be superior but I doubt it's giving up much.
I'd just prefer the involvement with the DCT and with Tremec producing a DCT now domestically, I don't see how it wouldn't become the choice for most American muscle---Mustang, Corvette, Camaro, SRT, etc.
We will all see soon I'd guess.
-J
Is it going to spin that high?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
No chance in hell it peaks under 7500rpm with proper tuning.
Now will the OEM tune neuter it? Maybe.
But that's an 8000rpm combo for anyone that has experience knows.
-J

Dusten

Established Member
No chance in hell it peaks under 7500rpm with proper tuning.
Now will the OEM tune neuter it? Maybe.
But that's an 8000rpm combo for anyone that has experience knows.
-J
Depends on pulley ratio to. That blower is limited to 18k

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
Stopped by the auto show today and I noticed a little change (sorry if it’s been posted already)
IMG_3292.JPG

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
I sure hadn't seen it. Superb work UncleSAm.

I'm just glad to see that not only did the bear get poked, and rightly so, but that somebosy listened.

I think it was planned all along. Just about the hipe. But hey if the internet had aborning to do with that cool beans

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Any word if the 780-790hp comments and quotes have any truth in them?

785hp has a nice ring to it. So does 850 for that matter but beggars can’t be choosers I guess

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

I also heard it’s capable of 9’s, sub 7:30 at the ring, and 1:33’s at Leguna.

(I’m my rumor source, these are hopes)

I know it's just a wish list, but there's no chance it's going to run anywhere near the 9s from the factory. However, I don't see any reason why it couldn't do a sub-7:30 at the Nurburgring. I'm going to guess a mid- to high-1:32 at Laguna Seca. That is, as long as the weight is <=3800 lbs. If it's higher, forget it.

I'm still holding onto hope that a DCT will be offered instead of the A10. A traditional manual is pretty much a guarantee.

Any word if the 780-790hp comments and quotes have any truth in them?

785hp has a nice ring to it. So does 850 for that matter but beggars can’t be choosers I guess

I'm still betting it'll be 772HP based only on the Easter eggs. I have no doubts that it'll be at least 750HP.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Dude, I'm trying to save you a lot of trouble here. If this is what you think, this car is not for you and you should bail now.

A GT350 already weighs 3800 lbs and there's a whole lot of extra shit on this car.

I'm not inclined to be overt about a lot, but this is a case of please let's not even pretend this is a possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread