Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

paluka21

Established Member
My thoughts are the people in this subforum will be happy with the car, and there's no C in Roush.

I also have little doubts the performance capability of the new GT500 will more than satisfy most mustang fans. The wildcard will most likely be the price tag including ADM. Will be very interested to see the price point of this vehicle.

Poisonous West

Established Member
don't be surprised to see a TT vette soon.

The ONLY statement is true from you is the next C8 corvette is Twin Turbo. My friend actually is one of the powertrain DRE who works on the next generation Small Block Chevy including the next C8 corvette Z06 engine. One thing he told me is he would not buy the first production year of C8 Z06. You figure out why.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Pro tip 1: you can't prove that (you actually haven't proven anything on this car, just denied stuff) Do you really think it takes 6 years to develop one motor? Of course there were other powertrains in the mix during development.

Pro tip 2: you don't post exactly what the transmission will be because you don't know, you just like to poke at others without providing any info yourself.

Pro tip 3: a blown 5.2 is boring AF. In today's world, even if they squeeze 800hp from that 5.2 it will most likely be damn near the limit for that motor. Turbos are Fords focus and they wasted a great opportunity to show the world.

I’m pretty sure @DBK knows a lot more about this than the window licking assumptions you’ve made in this whole thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlaude

Established Member
Pro tip 1: you can't prove that (you actually haven't proven anything on this car, just denied stuff) Do you really think it takes 6 years to develop one motor? Of course there were other powertrains in the mix during development.

Pro tip 2: you don't post exactly what the transmission will be because you don't know, you just like to poke at others without providing any info yourself.

Pro tip 3: a blown 5.2 is boring AF. In today's world, even if they squeeze 800hp from that 5.2 it will most likely be damn near the limit for that motor. Turbos are Fords focus and they wasted a great opportunity to show the world.

I don't know anyone on this website personally nor do I know anything about the GT500 (other than what I read online), but I'm a big fan of the Google. I'd recommend just googling "DBK Ford" and sift through the results. If that isn't enough to prove to you that he knows what he's talking about (and just FYI, he's very subtle - if you don't think he's said anything about the car then you've missed it), then nothing is.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Keep the civic dude! The GT500 wont be safe bouncing off the rev limiter in neutral like our imports. I heard the 500's oil pump gears are powdered metal.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm unlikely to buy this car but it's an absolute mother****er compared to anything "competitive."

You are literally the densest object since the moment immediately preceding the Big Bang.

Someone once told me, "you can lead a horse to water, but unless you're willing to shove his nose in the water and suck on his asshole, you can't make him drink." Clearly this is true.

lmao

When you and TOB came back to this thread is when I bothered to start reading it again

I’m pretty sure @DBK knows a lot more about this than the window licking assumptions you’ve made in this whole thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldnt be surprised if DBK has sat in the ****ing thing already but no, he doesn't actually know anything.

DepWraith

Established Member
You are literally the densest object since the moment immediately preceding the Big Bang.

Someone once told me, "you can lead a horse to water, but unless you're willing to shove his nose in the water and suck on his asshole, you can't make him drink." Clearly this is true.

See, you poke fun but post zero facts, so you can never be wrong.

You're my hero.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Pretty much everyone here figured out the obvious of what the power train was an eternity ago. I mean the fact a literal picture of the blower was online was a small but useful clue.

I’m also quite sure a large number of people have figured out the obvious on what the transmission is based on the subjects certain people choose to waste their keystrokes on.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I heard a rumor that ford shelved the turbos and 10spd in favor of a supercharger and 7spd dct.

I also heard it’s capable of 9’s, sub 7:30 at the ring, and 1:33’s at Leguna.

I also heard it’s got basically 800hp stock, and gets like 15-21mpg

(I’m my rumor source, these are hopes)

Users who are viewing this thread