Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
This thread got me like,....................
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Not mad at all, you are just very wrong.
CS had very little to do with any of these cars since 2007 besides collecting a check for letting Ford use his name.
Ford has been talking about going up-scale and "world class" for years. Guess what? The market loves it.

Bingo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blk02edge

Established Member
What about the Series 1?
I'm sitting in a building full of original Shelbys from the 60's. I had breakfast with CS once and he was really excited about carbon fiber and new tech. I've talked to Phil Remington, Bob Bondurant and Lew Spencer about this stuff. He also spent YEARS away from cars and only came back when there was $ in it for him again. Man, I dont even know what to say... do you know about the IRS 65 GT350's that Shelby wanted to build? What about the prototype 07 GT500 IRS that got axed for cost reasons? I stand by my statement.
Thats a pretty legendary crew, I only get to hang out with the new age race car drivers with millenial hair cuts. Would love to have met some of the classics

Dusten

Established Member
what funny is everyone getting so mad but know I have said a lot of truth. debate me on that. debate me that this car is not turning into a high performance BMW so they can tripe the price tag. their business model can no longer cater to the blank slate car enthusiast and become Im a yuppie that rides my Harley to sturgis in my business suit.

The price tag isnt triple. Its going to be maybe 20k more than the 13gt500. In 1968 the regular gt mustang was 63% the price of a gt500. A well optioned 2019 gt is... 62% the price of a gt500(assuming msrp is 80k).

Ford still makes a base gt that is a performance baragin.

So jes what happened from 60's to protype 07. Was that just CS blowing smoke up our asses saying this car was not a "ill sorted half undrivable piece of shit isnt an accomplishment. Its a handicap"...i dont believe i ever saw that on a gt500 advertisement or a dealership banner.

Carrol Shelby was a marketing whiz that loved blowing shit up our asses.

See attached....

so i finally got someone to admint it jes and im glad....this is no longer an american muscle car....its a european sports car...and what chassis did they use on 07 and 13? So I have soomeone in this thread saying CS didnt do shit for these cars and they are handicaps. i wish i would have know this before i got one.....guess my bad....chalk it up to the game

The mustang was never a muscle car. It was/is a pony car. Designed to handle and go quickly. And be driven by women.

I didnt say he did nothing. I said thinking that driving a car that is poorly setup and thinking that is an accomplishment is wrong. Your ****ing reading comprehension is as poor as your badic understanding of what shelby actually did at ford
42b6c1d9be21a6a695e43c402ca05d67.jpg
34b86294a2e66927ea99adadc92a61e3.jpg
11003d5f08cf6efc3a930ba1958e5b78.jpg
17792a256727d84833ab83ea2919e473.jpg

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh shit Orange!
Please done tease... where’s the Grabber Lime mofo!!!???
LMFAO
I'd take either one of those colors with black painted stripes, along with the Track Pak carbon fiber package of course! lol (If I could afford it. lol)
The car without the big wing, exposed carbon fiber, different wheels is a little too "plain jane" for me. The one we're all seeing is the expensive one, of course.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Absolutely.

Ford Explorer starts at 31,495 As shown: 600,456

Toyotahondalexus CHF-Rc5 starts at 35,945 As shown: 354,893

There’s a reason manufacturers don’t show off the plain models.

They usually draw less attention, and don’t draw as much profit.

I want to see more optionless pics myself.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Absolutely.
Ford Explorer starts at 31,495 As shown: 600,456
Toyotahondalexus CHF-Rc5 starts at 35,945 As shown: 354,893
There’s a reason manufacturers don’t show off the plain models.
They usually draw less attention, and don’t draw as much profit.
I want to see more optionless pics myself.
They did actually show it, but it's up on a "shelf" per say. One of the Youtube guys had it on his channel. Different wing, no carbon fiber, different wheels and it had a back seat. lol
I think the Track Pak carbon fiber package doesn't have a back seat. I'd love that.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
They did actually show it, but it's up on a "shelf" per say. One of the Youtube guys had it on his channel. Different wing, no carbon fiber, different wheels and it had a back seat. lol
I think the Track Pak carbon fiber package doesn't have a back seat. I'd love that.

Need to see that video. I’ve only seen one real quick view and it was too quick to gat anything out if.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Need to see that video. I’ve only seen one real quick view and it was too quick to gat anything out if.
The less optioned GT500 car is at the 7 minute mark if you don't want to watch the full video.

Users who are viewing this thread