Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

blk02edge

Established Member
With your resources, I’ll think about it likely means (take 500 to VIR and get data)... lol.

Alright man, let me know.
This is the most excited ive been for a head 2 head. Would have loved a gt/zr1 but we all know that wont happen :\

toroweedeater

Established Member
DCT is only good for youtube review vids and yuppies. Give me a manual so i can control power and have a driver experience any time i choose to drive. I'm not 16 and brag to my yuppie boss i have a dct like his bmw. I have a 1996 ford 150 4.9 straight 6 5 speed and it is fun as hell to five that slamming and grinding gears in that. I get two different driving experiences between that and the gt500.

toroweedeater

Established Member
i can say i have no personal experience, but if you drive up on me with an auto and say with your chest out"i have a dct" im going to laugh at you and say "noob you been watching youtube vids and hearing your yuppie friends making fun of you that you dont have a dct". Knobs are made to turn the volume up on a radio, not put a car in drive so you can wave out the window like you are in a parade. Paddles are for Pong(video game). pls ford don't turn into a European company (gd it we got Volkswagen).

blk02edge

Established Member
i can say i have no personal experience, but if you drive up on me with an auto and say with your chest out"i have a dct" im going to laugh at you and say "noob you been watching youtube vids and hearing your yuppie friends making fun of you that you dont have a dct". Knobs are made to turn the volume up on a radio, not put a car in drive so you can wave out the window like you are in a parade. Paddles are for Pong(video game). pls ford don't turn into a European company (gd it we got Volkswagen).
I used to think that way until I was put into a GT4 cayman. Shit changes you

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
If I have to nitpick so far, the rotary knob shifter is a big let down. Like, get the **** outta here with that shit!

toroweedeater

Established Member
but that is a porsche...not a older gt500 live axle i want to kill you vehicle. Live axle and the s197 stock goodyears driving in cold weather "i feel the cold breathe of death on my neck" rush. Im sure that GT4 was a ****ing amazing ride and a different driving experience that i would love to have, but im looking for the whole package if im spending that type of money.

blk02edge

Established Member
but that is a porsche...not a older gt500 live axle i want to kill you vehicle. Live axle and the s197 stock goodyears driving in cold weather "i feel the cold breathe of death on my neck" rush. Im sure that GT4 was a ****ing amazing ride and a different driving experience that i would love to have, but im looking for the whole package if im spending that type of money.
I can relate for a street cruiser but people buying these cars should really employ what they are capable of, take them to track days and see where the real enjoyment is. A DCT will not let you down on fun factor.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
If I have to nitpick so far, the rotary knob shifter is a big let down. Like, get the **** outta here with that shit!

C7856741-F31D-499A-B5B7-D313E74EB623.jpeg

toroweedeater

Established Member
ok fine you are faster at Nuremberg with a DCT and IRS. But when im controlling a machine trying to kill me with a live axle and 6 speed it become more of an accomplishment you didnt die then a computer making you faster and an engineered suspension making sure you stay planted. Like I said different cars different experiences and you have to respect that. Nothing wrong if you love hat type of experience and looking for that experience and performance. i think im hating cause it was so hyped and just became another high performance BMW.

blk02edge

Established Member
ok fine you are faster at Nuremberg with a DCT and IRS. But when im controlling a machine trying to kill me with a live axle and 6 speed it become more of an accomplishment you didnt die then a computer making you faster and an engineered suspension making sure you stay planted. Like I said different cars different experiences and you have to respect that. Nothing wrong if you love hat type of experience and looking for that experience and performance. i think im hating cause it was so hyped and just became another high performance BMW.
I drive old death traps to the limit on track, I understand the need for near death experiences lol Im just not gonna hate a modern well sorted car with a DCT that will still scare the shit out of 99% of people on the track.

rwleonard

Established Member
On one hand, I view a manual as I do fly fishing and bow hunting, maybe not the best way to put the most fish on the stringer or meat in the freezer, but very satisfying when done well.

On the other hand, the DCT should make a car both faster on the track and more convenient on the street. Not many pieces of tech do that.

toroweedeater

Established Member
yeah and i think that was my point since my first post was different cars, different experiences. If you think im going to hate on the new gt500, sure. Am i going to respect it as well, yes. I can hate on my brother for wearing $500 shoes, yes. Can i still respect him at the same time, yes. If i didnt love you i wouldn't spend my time teasing you.

toroweedeater

Established Member
The mustang didnt get a chassis update until after Carol's passing. He knew that garage engineers and track guys could build stuff for an old platform (the same way his rat rodders made the AC Cobra). For how many years did people bitch about the old live axle was not applicable anymore. This was his legacy. This is what he wanted to pass on......watts system e.g. This what he wanted to stamp his name on. Not a refined product that out of the box could take the turns of Nuremberg. He wanted the user to get his hands dirty learning the car. Easily modded cars was not a coincidence. now Shelby American has a different business model to be able market cars to the 300k sports car market. the super snake is now a 5.0 s/c car? I thought it was designated for the baddest gt500, not the baddest car shelby american is making a certain year. Isnt that like dodge saying well shelby made the viper gts so we are going to put the gts badge on a supercharged grand carivan and say its a grand caravan gts.

jes_csx

Established Member
The mustang didnt get a chassis update until after Carol's passing. He knew that garage engineers and track guys could build stuff for an old platform (the same way his rat rodders made the AC Cobra). For how many years did people bitch about the old live axle was not applicable anymore. This was his legacy. This is what he wanted to pass on......watts system e.g. This what he wanted to stamp his name on. Not a refined product that out of the box could take the turns of Nuremberg. He wanted the user to get his hands dirty learning the car. Easily modded cars was not a coincidence. now Shelby American has a different business model to be able market cars to the 300k sports car market. the super snake is now a 5.0 s/c car? I thought it was designated for the baddest gt500, not the baddest car shelby american is making a certain year. Isnt that like dodge saying well shelby made the viper gts so we are going to put the gts badge on a supercharged grand carivan and say its a grand caravan gts.

I think you are falsely projecting quite a few beliefs onto CS. He certain had nothing to do with the S550 chassis upgrade and absolutely would NOT have looked down on it for the reasons you mention.

Users who are viewing this thread