Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Crappy interior in a viper? At least you guys get something that is a bit unique. Us 03 cobra guys get a slight tweak on a v6 mustang interior...I just put gauges and an indash, some LED lights. Not even worth sharing a pic because we've all seen what that looks like.

A Gen IV Viper interior looks like a Dodge Neon.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I actually like the gen 4 viper interior compared to the Cobras. It's more unique.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Then here's the funny thing. A v6 2003 mustang could be kinda decently plush looking
image.jpeg
but the cobra is
image.jpeg

They are all livable in a nomad/mountain man kinda way but I mean how much nicer is the s550 mustang interior or even a 6th gen camaro interior

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Still having hard time quoting...
image.png

Pretty plug and play install, just made some brackets to hold it in place, so a little amount of fab work is required.

We found a used one with lower miles for $75, and then sent the electric motor out to be rewound/freshened up. That was $75 locally. Total with pieces for the brackets and all I'm into the fan $175.

3500cfm low (iirc) and 5000cfm on high.... It's epic.

The stock unit is 2500/3800 iirc.

I actually had a twin durale fan but it couldn't quite do 2500cfm on high so we sold it.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Found a few more kinda interesting pics from the build.

image.jpeg

Coated Pistons to keep them warm in the winter months. (Sarcasm)

image.png

Livernois did some magic and took these ports to the max to help un-shroud the valves nicely. Went with titanium retainers and stainless valves. Super cheap for the tech, like $400... On a corvette it's like $1200 to do the same and it has half the parts... Gotta love mustang tax relief.

image.png

Ports are caverns haha. I'm surprised I have any spool considering how aggressive the cams, turbos (twin t4 62's) and manual trans are. It's a testament to the fr500c intakes ability to quickly fill the ports.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Retooling and maintenance. It's rare to see year round production for something like high volume sedans. They can produce all mustangs and special variants in a 6 month window easily.

Fourcam380

Established Member
So we know the F series version of the coyote now runs 12:1 static CR. Any word on the GT?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm liking the potential for dual fuel system too. Cool if we will be able to rig E98 on direct injection side under boost and have known port EFI with big injectors as customary.
Eventhough 12:1 if we can cool chamber with E98 DI the potential could be stratospheric:)
Gotta love technology.
-J

BladeX10

Established Member
Ford is going to lose alot of potential customers the longer they keep waiting. Its hilarious that the regular S550 is getting a refresh but the GT350 is carrying over from the previous year. Couldnt even bother to put the digital dash in there or new taillights. The hell is wrong with this company?

Then you realize that once they finally announce it, Youre likely going to be paying $10-$50k ADM's all over again for the next 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread