Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

conceptmachine

Established Member
Right? And if that's it why not 2 years ago!?
After driving the 350R it's so clear it's near perfect with only deficit I'm seeing in hp/tq as its go suspension and brakes and rubber for days.
-J
I love the R...its the best car ive driven.
Remember, its NA so u cant blame a little 5.2l on the torque and HP.

I agree...give it 150 to 300 more, even if it cant be used on the street.
The tires spin as it is with only 500HP. My R weighs 36xx LBS. The next gt500 is gonna weigh right at 4000. Hopefully it doesnt feel heavy because the R doesnt and thats one of the things i love about it.
I have a good feeling this car is gonna be one fast mother on the track and strip. Maybe the weight, if balanced right, will actually help it get more weight over the rear tires.

Breitling

Established Member
Any hints on the name of the car? Would any of you NOT buy this new halo mustang if it wasn't called GT500?

If the car meets or exceeds my expectations, I will buy it regardless of what they call it. I don't care if they drop the Shelby name, the GT500 name, or both. "Cobra" would be fine with me. "Shelby GT500" would be fine with me. Doesn't matter.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
If the torque of the engine exceeds that of the current GT350 I don't see the TR3160 being used. Jamal commented that the TR6060 was never even a consideration for the GT350. But on this car do they revert back? Or go with the 7 speed Tremec?

An aluminum or composite k-member (Magna?) has to be in the cards. Will this car use a CF wheel or will they be abandoned due to cost (much like the CF shaft was dumped after the '13/'14 GT500)?

Some test cars were photographed with a 20" tire. Bigger brakes would seem a likely move but with the added weight will Ford finally go to a CC rotor? Does a CF shaft make a comeback? CF halfshafts maybe too? CF roof?

If this car can outperform a ZL1 1LE at the track I don't care if it is a V6 or a V8.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Treason just ain't what it used to be.

I want a V8 too. But if a V6 can lower the vehicle weight and improve its distribution, along with an improvement in fuel economy while maintaining durability, a ZL1 1LE in the rearview mirror is good enough for me. I know they can get the power out of a blown 5.2L engine. I don't know how they do it in a production Mustang but if they can it would surprise the heck out of me.

Trust me, I was not on board bask when Ford Corporate tried to push the 2.3L SVO in place of the 5.0 or any of the Probe crap that thankfully didn't reach fruition. But after seeing what they did with the GT and the Raptor I'd give it serious consideration if the performance was there.

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
If this car can outperform a ZL1 1LE at the track I don't care if it is a V6 or a V8.

I will vomit. Ford will be the laughing stock of red blooded American hot rodders everywhere. While Chevrolet is introducing their new 6.2L DOHC 4 valve monster, Ford will be popping their metro sexual turbo 6 in the Mustang? NO. NO, NO, NO, NO. I don't care if makes 10,000 horsepower and fly's to the moon, no matter what kind of power adder they use to try to make a real engine out of it, it will still be vastly inferior to the DOHC, big block engine Chevrolet will be pumping out. In a world where everyone from Toyota, to Mercedes and now even Chevrolet is taking V8's to the next level with 4 valve technology Ford is trying to sell us turbo 6's? NOT COOL.

Fourcam380

Established Member
Might be worth polling, but I can't see anyone (especially a potential Mustang SE customer) choosing a v6 (TT or not) vs a v8. Let alone ttv6 vs ttv8. Love to see an ecoboost V6 mustang variant in the middle of the lineup where it belongs though.

gaspasr

Established Member
Friend has a new raptor. I like everything about it but the horrid sound from the V6. I hope a V8 is in this top secret car.

conceptmachine

Established Member
I had the raptor,I didn’t like it as much as I thought I would. I would have gladly paid 10k more for a 650HP+ TT v8 with good brakes, no dumb stop start etc. Sound didn’t bother me tho. If this new GT500 comes with a v6, which I don’t think it will, there is no way I’ll buy it...zero chance.

Users who are viewing this thread