Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I dont care what "Van" did against an inferior driver with his slightly modified car. I know exactly what you are talking about. He only won based on the raw power / acceleration of the 500.

Power / acceleration =/= handling / drivers car.
Modified? He changed out brake fluid. Since when does changing oil equal modified?

The zl1 got roasted as it could not hang on the track. It was not the driver it was the car. That is fact!

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Modified? He changed out brake fluid. Since when does changing oil equal modified?

The zl1 got roasted as it could not hang on the track. It was not the driver it was the car. That is fact!

Well, technically it is lol

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I use Royal Purple when I mod my trans and diff...
So now that you've ordered the Demon, do I move from #5 to #4 on the SVTP/13COBRA next GT500 list? :)
Honestly hard to pass on a Demon if you have the opportunity. It'll be an historically relevant car, especially for drag guys.
And the fluid swap mod equivalent thing is a bit lame.
-J

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
So now that you've ordered the Demon, do I move from #5 to #4 on the SVTP/13COBRA next GT500 list? :)

Nope! LOL I plan on buying the Demon and the GT500 (or whatever the name ends up being).

Honestly hard to pass on a Demon if you have the opportunity. It'll be an historically relevant car, especially for drag guys.

Agreed. Its going to be fun to own a piece of history.

And the fluid swap mod equivalent thing is a bit lame.
-J

True, but it is funny.

BTW, the Royal Purple did help me get a few more minutes of run time on the track before the GT350 trans overheats.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Haha the list thing wasn't definitely a joke, my smiley face didn't post up.
I'm totally with you on getting them if you can afford.
Same reason I traded a more functional AMG SUV in on a Hellcat during winter. There will always be AMG SUVs, but I couldn't pass the opportunity to experience owning a Hellcat from new and as a daily.
Great times we are living in!
-J

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I have been very blessed in life. Every once in awhile, I get a quick reality check to keep me humble... but life is good. I pray the good Lord continues to bless me with a comfortable life.

Plus, my wife keeps calling the Dodge "hers", so the Mustang will be "mine". LOL

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Nope! LOL I plan on buying the Demon and the GT500 (or whatever the name ends up being).

Agreed. Its going to be fun to own a piece of history.

True, but it is funny.

BTW, the Royal Purple did help me get a few more minutes of run time on the track before the GT350 trans overheats.

If you buy a demon and the new gt500 you go right to the top of the ballin list.

And I would be most jelly.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Its so laughable that you are trying to convince someone with extensive experience with both vehicles in question.

If you really think a solid axle car with skinny wheels/tires, one piece rotors/single piston rear caliper and lousy pads will handle better than an IRS car with Magneride (technology that both Ferrari and Ford borrowed from GM), wide wheels/tires, 2 piece (aluminum hat) rotor, 4 piston rear caliper.... then you are crazier than I thought. Lol

Its not even an argument.

There is a reason the ZL1 got so much praise for its handling / all around package vs the Shelby getting praise for its monster engine/power.

Last edited:

conceptmachine

Established Member
I had the opportunity to get a demon at MSRP , it just got built and is going to the alternative owner shortly. The demon didnt click enough buttons for me and decided to pass. I'l get the GT500 (Or whatever it is ) then get the high HP version of the mid engine corvette in 2019/2020. They are great times to be living in if you love high performance cars.

Users who are viewing this thread