Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

conceptmachine

Established Member
Track focused or not, I bet the next GT500 will have even the ZL1 1LE covered on a track. It's no doubt going to be on par or better than the GT350R on track.

Yeah, but you, owning the R could probably agree, or maybe not, that the 350R will beat it in a sheer, fun to drive experience, but thats yet to be determined. The R is downright an awesome vehicle to drive. I'm keeping mine, regardless if it gets its butt whipped, by anything...(other than a yugo). The 350R is other-worldly to drive. I love to wring out those gears. I'll be getting this GT500, I don't think I'm gonna wait for the KR. Though, that bitch will be a force to be reckoned with on the street. Its gonna be a face peeler.

01performanceredvertsnake

Established Member
They need to run a head to head at Summit Point on the Shenandoah course. There are only 2 straights that allow a quick burst to 130... everything else is short, slow, and technical.

That would be a great test to see, take a 350 track pack, 350R and both zl1s and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... The zl1 1le beats the 350R, yes but if memory serves correct it didn’t destroy it as you put it in all caps. ... I just find it annoying how people say that Ford is getting destroyed by Chevy and dodge when they aren’t. The demon, hellcat, and regular zl1 aren’t direct competitors to the 350 which is a track car. Ford is doing fine across all boards, performance or otherwise.

Yeah, the Camaro guys were constantly proclaiming that the ZL1 1LE would be "SEVERAL SECONDS faster than the GT350R around any track." It was a whopping 1.81 seconds faster around Laguna Seca. You could argue that it was several seconds quicker around VIR, but the tests were a year apart. Same driver, though. Looking at both laps, it appeared that the GT350R still had a LOT left in it in the twisties. It's tires never made a peep, whereas the ZL1 1LE's tires were howling in every turn, and you could see the driver wrestling the wheel against over- and understeer. So it could be argued that the R is still a better driving car on track. I'd love to see Randy Pobst run them both in a head to head.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Word on the street is that the 2 new GT500 cars coming out will outrun the new Dodge Demon.
Whether this is true or not, I have no idea. From a pretty credible source on the other forum.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Yeah, the Camaro guys were constantly proclaiming that the ZL1 1LE would be "SEVERAL SECONDS faster than the GT350R around any track." It was a whopping 1.81 seconds faster around Laguna Seca. You could argue that it was several seconds quicker around VIR, but the tests were a year apart. Same driver, though. Looking at both laps, it appeared that the GT350R still had a LOT left in it in the twisties. It's tires never made a peep, whereas the ZL1 1LE's tires were howling in every turn, and you could see the driver wrestling the wheel against over- and understeer. So it could be argued that the R is still a better driving car on track. I'd love to see Randy Pobst run them both in a head to head.

Didn't they repave the track between those tests?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Didn't they repave the track between those tests?
I don’t believe so, however Randy has two different times in the acr on different days. So it does make a difference.

Also MT used the zl11le time from a prior test for their car of the year testing. I’m assuming based on this it ran a slower time the 2nd time randy drove it at LS.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
Word on the street is that the 2 new GT500 cars coming out will outrun the new Dodge Demon.
Whether this is true or not, I have no idea. From a pretty credible source on the other forum.

Bullshit bro. Outrun a Demon? HAHAHHA with what? How is ford going to make a car faster than the Demon that does 0-60 in 2.3, 0-100 in 5.1 and 1/4 mile in 9.65 @140. Word on the street? Word on the street is your butthole just exploded.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Bullshit bro. Outrun a Demon? HAHAHHA with what? How is ford going to make a car faster than the Demon that does 0-60 in 2.3, 0-100 in 5.1 and 1/4 mile in 9.65 @140. Word on the street? Word on the street is your butthole just exploded.

That doesn't seem like a very friendly response. No one thought the Demon was possible until it actually happened...

01performanceredvertsnake

Established Member

Well according to magazine testing it’s only in the 10s so less power and less weight would do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
What’s that thing on your face?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I read from the insider that the company doesn't just want to compete, they want it to "vanquish" the competition.

Judging by the reactions from some of the people who know about it, it will be very impressive.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Take it easy juice.
You sound like a ****ing douche bag. I bet you are a real douche bag too. Not just on the internet, but in real life as well.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member

Queer.......and you like buttholes. That’s all I get from this post.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I read from the insider that the company doesn't just want to compete, they want it to "vanquish" the competition.
Judging by the reactions from some of the people who know about it, it will be very impressive.
That's what I'm taking away from this as well.
Don't tell Kaneda that though. His pussy will start bleeding profusely.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A lot of speculation right now, but man, I do hope that Ford will be making a lot of Ford fans happy (no elated) with the new GT-500. The bar is definitely raised high by the competition. But if Ford pushes to clear it, and they've had lots of time to develop this one, the long wait will have been worth it.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
That doesn't seem like a very friendly response. No one thought the Demon was possible until it actually happened...

Take it easy juice.
You sound like a ****ing douche bag. I bet you are a real douche bag too. Not just on the internet, but in real life as well.

Queer.......and you like buttholes. That’s all I get from this post.

That's what I'm taking away from this as well.
Don't tell Kaneda that though. His pussy will start bleeding profusely.
Earned him a weeks vacations. I'm sick of idiots, and will not play anymore.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member

I'm pretty sure the dude is a troll. If it's the same person that they are referring to on the Hellcat forums. (I read it the other night actually.) They say he gets banned from forums.

Yep, that's him.

He has been banned from Hellcat.org twice, once as Kaneda and once as Demon Kid.

Here are a couple older articles written about him, so you can see what your dealing with. lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-bedroom-1980s-arcade-lost-fiancee-way.html

https://mrpersonanongrata.wordpress.com/2014/06/11/the-poser-spokesman/

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member

Users who are viewing this thread